🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Half of Hillary's delegates are not earned, DNC corruption

To be fair to the Liberals, The GOP may be just as bad, as Mitt Romney said this weekend he would take the nomination if offered to him at a brokered convention. The dude isn't even campaigning, and according to him such a deal may be in the works. You can bet your ass I, and many many other Conservatives / Republicans will not vote for him if that happens.

Most of "those" delegates can change, like they did to Obama in the '08 primary. If Bernie pulled out to a sizable lead in regular delegates many would flip to him. If Bernie leads in regular voter delegates going into the convention and they deny him the nomination then there will be a real reason for protest.

This hasn't happened yet and likely won't so the subverting the will of the people charges are a little premature.

What I do see as biased and wrong is the much of the media reporting the delegate count with the super delegates included. This makes it appear Hillary has much more of a lead than she really does. I would argue there is some media bias there.

They are not committed delegates, you have no idea what they will do. The media is reporting Super Delegates because Super Delegates have committed to one or the other candidate and has made it public. If the Super Delegates have committed, the media is going to report it or they are going to be wrong.

I don't agree with the Democrats and their primary process, however it is their primary process.

Do you understand why there are super delegates? do you remember Humphrey?

Did you know that prior to Humphrey the party leadership elected the nominee, NOT the people.

Nothing "prior" about it. Humphrey didn't run in a single primary. Essentially, before and up to 1968, every Democratic delegate was a superdelegate.

After 1968, reform. No more superdelegate-types. Most states go to primaries instead of caucuses.

Then 1980, catastrophic loss by Carter. Democrats panic, and put in the superdelegate system.

The supposed justification was that they could make the system _more_ responsive to the will of the people, using McGovern as an example. In 1972, McGovern won with 25% of the popular vote in a weak and splintered Democratic field. He had written the primary rules and knew how to game them, so he got 57% of the delegates. Of those who didn't vote for him, he was the last choice for most. That is, 70% didn't want McGovern. Superdelegates could have supposedly tilted things to a candidate more to the liking of most Democratic voters.

Also, it's seen as a team-building exercise. The theory is that if local Democratic officials go to the convention and have role, they will supposedly be more likely to work on behalf of the nominee.

The democrat party is subverting democracy with "Super delegates". These delegates don't represent the voters...they get to throw their support to whomever they want. That is why half of Hillary's delegates are not earned.

The DNC is stealing democracy like the GOP, with the "Representative republic" con job, just like the "electoral college" has done, overruling the voters in the general elections.
Why are you commenting on something that doesn't concern you.
As a super delegate, you can change your mind any time. Historically, super delegates have gone along with the will of the base of the Democratic Party. Which is what they will do this time.

But the Republicans are conspiring to thwart the will of their voters. That is what you should be concerned with. And they are doing it very publicly showing the world they squat on the GOP base.
It does concern me....corruption should concern everyone. That's why Sanders is running....and he made it very clear in the debate last night. Hillary has been on the take of Wall Street for decades.

The democrat party is subverting democracy with "Super delegates". These delegates don't represent the voters...they get to throw their support to whomever they want. That is why half of Hillary's delegates are not earned.

The DNC is stealing democracy like the GOP, with the "Representative republic" con job, just like the "electoral college" has done, overruling the voters in the general elections.

Democrat Super Delegates are going to go to the "real" Democrat in the race, not some candidate that looks like he belongs in a nursing home, that just changed his party status to run on the Democrat ticket. They're not stupid they want to win this election, and they aren't going to waste their super delegate vote on a looser.

I know Bernie Sanders is in his mid 70's but man he's in bad shape for that age. He looks like he's 95. I mean John McCain is older and he was tortured for 5 years and looks better than Sanders does. Sanders looks like a 100 miles of bad road.

163396_600.jpg
The con candidates promised to support the liar, misogynist, narcissistic, con artist Trump, as to be party loyalists. And you, to be a party loyalist, are supporting the liberal con artist that is on the take from Wall Street....And you use the same con tactics of smear. If you were any better than the cons, you'd be ashamed of yourself.

Thought the super delegate thing was dumb back in 2008 and thought they'd do something about it after the heat they took back then.

sorry the democrat party is not the government

so they can set the rules

no matter what hillary is the one that is going to represent the party

What you posted is true, but does that mean we should not discuss it?

To be fair to the Liberals, The GOP may be just as bad, as Mitt Romney said this weekend he would take the nomination if offered to him at a brokered convention. The dude isn't even campaigning, and according to him such a deal may be in the works. You can bet your ass I, and many many other Conservatives / Republicans will not vote for him if that happens.

How does the RNC get to be a brokered convention. One way, the caindates do not win enough delegates in the primary election. So since they are pledged by the results of the primary there will be no winners in the first round of delegates voting. Now the delegates are free to vote whichever what they wish. That is how ties are broken, more or less.

On the democrat side the super delegates and never obligated to vote for a certain candidate. They can pledge to a certain candidate but as seen in 2008 they can change their mind.

Here is the delegate count for 2008, what would have happened had the super delegates not switched sides?

upload_2016-3-7_10-25-43.png

Yet, of the total popular vote so far, Hillary has 4.2 million to Bernie's 2.7, or 61% to 39%. And she leads in delegates 1120 to 481.

The gop primaries are much less predictable/rational because the states have greater leeway in setting up how proportional, or unproportional, votes are tallied.
Trump has 3.6 mil votes, Cruz 3 mil Rubio 2.2 and Kasich 700k and Carson 5K. Trump 384 delegates Cruz 300 Rubio 151 Kasich 37 and Carson 8. I suppose it's roughly proportional but the irony is the party elite set it up to lock it up fast for the front runner, so by virtue of the Donald getting 600k more votes than Rubio, which is about (out of 6.6 cast for both) the Donald gets 84 more delegates. And poor Rubio gets only half as many delegates than Cruz despite losing the popular vote by less than 3-2.

If you see poor Bernie being dumped upon, it's no more or less so than the gop's set up.

clinton_goldman.jpg

"Go ahead, Hillary, reach in my pocket and grab a handful of superdelegates" -- Goldman Sachs

The left has no faith in the American people so they need super delegates to correct the sheep as necessary.
Well, they are smart enough to have in place to have counter to a guy like Trump ... though in a two person race, imo either party goes with the guy with the majority of votes.

Hillary is a Wall St puppet and can hand-out favors from the Dem machine and the Delegates know it.

Thank goodness for Ex-Clinton Employee State Primary Managers, 2-headed coins, playing cards, and 'Super Delegates...if not for those Democrats would be left with nothing except '1 person, 1 vote' and 'everyone's vote is equal to the same as everyone else's vote'.
:rolleyes:

I'm just jealous that Rience tried to fix our primary and just fcoked the whole thing up beyond belief. And I remember a time when we used to laugh at the dems for being unorganized. I mean there was a time when The Donald would have been THEIR problem

sorry the democrat party is not the government

so they can set the rules

no matter what hillary is the one that is going to represent the party

What you posted is true, but does that mean we should not discuss it?

i do believe it is valid to point it out

what a bunch of hypocrites they are

How does the RNC get to be a brokered convention. One way, the caindates do not win enough delegates in the primary election. So since they are pledged by the results of the primary there will be no winners in the first round of delegates voting. Now the delegates are free to vote whichever what they wish. That is how ties are broken, more or less.

On the democrat side the super delegates and never obligated to vote for a certain candidate. They can pledge to a certain candidate but as seen in 2008 they can change their mind.

Here is the delegate count for 2008, what would have happened had the super delegates not switched sides?

A sufficient number of super delegates have *always* switched sides to match the candidate with the most pledged delegates.

Which you know....but really hope we don't.

Your last hope of polishing your turd of an argument is to *imagine* an instance where this didn't happen. If your claims actually had merit, you wouldn't need to probe your imagination for an example.

Forum List

Back