Hamilton

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
The wife and I finally had the chance to see Hamilton at the Fabulous Fox Theater.

She had been wanting to see it for a long time. Not normally my thing.

I went to the show knowing nothing more than it was a musical about Alexander Hamilton. Did not know the style of music or anything.

I was totally blown away from the very opening song. From start to finish it was just amazing. The cast were amazing, not a weak link among the leads.

If you have not seen it, do so.

The wife and I finally had the chance to see Hamilton at the Fabulous Fox Theater.

I went to the show knowing nothing more than it was a musical about Alexander Hamilton. Did not know the style of music or anything.

I was totally blown away from the very opening song. From start to finish it was just amazing. The cast were amazing, not a weak link among the leads.

In Detroit?

I see snippets of Hamilton or any other play or musical and I immediately think GAY but I’m sure I would love it if I ever made it to one.

In Detroit?

I see snippets of Hamilton or any other play or musical and I immediately think GAY but I’m sure I would love it if I ever made it to one.

St Louis.

My wife is huge in to musicals, going back to the days of South Pacific and Singing in the Rain.

Those I still cannot watch, but so far over the years we have seen Wicked, Jersey Boys and now Hamilton. All 3 were amazing and in the fall we are going to see Chicago (the play not the band).

I saw it on Disney Plus.
I lasted about 40 minutes

As much as I try, I have a low tolerance for Rap. It just irritates me.
Now watch a play with no dialogue and everything presented in Rap.

I enjoy musicals and am a student of history but I couldn’t take Hamilton

Unfortunately Alexander Hamilton was a nutjob who if living, would love the plutocracy we labor under. After all, this is exactly what he wanted. A huge tyrannical centralized government surveilling everyone. But I’m sure the music was good.

And of course, the character playing Hamilton was black, right? :laughing0301:

1725452282082.jpeg

Last edited:
And of course, the character playing Hamilton was black, right? :laughing0301:

View attachment 1006236

Indeed, most of the cast were not white.

They were awesome. The guy that played Washington had the voice of an archangel.

I cannot lie, when I saw the playbill I thought for a second...."damn, this would trigger the idiots on the forum".

Then the show started and I was too blown away to think about anything but how amazing they were.

Indeed, most of the cast were not white.

They were awesome. The guy that played Washington had the voice of an archangel.

I cannot lie, when I saw the playbill I thought for a second...."damn, this would trigger the idiots on the forum".

Then the show started and I was too blown away to think about anything but how amazing they were.

Not really triggered, but do people even know that as a clerk, he worked for a company that imported and sold slaves?

https://parks.ny.gov/documents/hist...exanderHamiltonsHiddenHistoryasanEnslaver.pdf

Cool...what does that have to do with the amazing show?

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is an amazing show too. But like Hamilton, it's not based upon reality.

You can go spend your money on historical revisionist feel-good musicals but I prefer not to give mine to woke pieces of entertainment, especially when racial or gender roles are discombobulated. The real founding fathers probably would have thrown cabbages at the stage and rode someone out on a rail.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is an amazing show too. But like Hamilton, it's not based upon reality.

You can go spend your money on historical revisionist feel-good musicals but I prefer not to give mine to woke pieces of entertainment, especially when racial or gender roles are discombobulated. The real founding fathers probably would have thrown cabbages at the stage and rode someone out on a rail.

Yes, most people are smart enough to know they are not watching a history lesson.

One of the great things about not being a mindless partisan is that I can separate politics from the rest of my life. I can to watch this awesome show and never once think about how the rest of my tribe my view it.

Sucks to be you.

Forum List

Back