🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Has the US misplayed Syria?

I don't think we cannot be involved, Avatar, but I see this as a bad and worse case alternative.

I don't think we cannot be involved, Avatar, but I see this as a bad and worse case alternative.

Why do we need to be involved? How is supporting rebel agents, which include Al qaeda supporting our national interests?

That is the conundrum. However, if we are not involved, Russia becomes the big player in the NE.

That is the conundrum. However, if we are not involved, Russia becomes the big player in the NE.

Russia has been influencing Syria for decades. Why does that justify us intervening in their civil war? Especially when we still have influence in currently peaceful countries elsewhere in the middle east.

Im sorry. Im just not seeing the Conundrum.

That's OK, because you are not the ones making foreign policy. There must be opposition in all things.

Syria is a lost cause either Assad stays in power or it becomes a failed state if we were going to do anything we should have long ago which ever happens we are going to look weak in the eyes of the middle east if Assad survives he gets to claim he defied the U.S. and stayed in power if he falls and it becomes a failed state the radical extremist get to claim victory this is a lose lose deal for the U.S.

Syria is a lost cause either Assad stays in power or it becomes a failed state if we were going to do anything we should have long ago which ever happens we are going to look weak in the eyes of the middle east if Assad survives he gets to claim he defied the U.S. and stayed in power if he falls and it becomes a failed state the radical extremist get to claim victory this is a lose lose deal for the U.S.

We shouldn't be involved in it to begin with. It's likely already cost the lives of an ambassador and several of our fellow citizens in Benghazi. At least if suspicions are correct and we are gun running, another thing we shouldn't be doing.

We shouldn't be involved in it to begin with. It's likely already cost the lives of an ambassador and several of our fellow citizens in Benghazi. At least if suspicions are correct and we are gun running, another thing we shouldn't be doing.

I don't believe were involved in Syria in any real way nor do I think we will be as I said this will end with either Assad staying in control or Syria becoming a failed state I don't think either outcome is overly good for the U.S. or the west in general but it is what it is.

What I don't get is why people from both sides think we should get involved.
Liberal or Conservative, do they really think the American people will tolerate yet another brushfire war?

Michael Gerson: The U.S. has tragically misplayed Syria - The Washington Post

My opinion is yes. I dont think we should be involved in Syria. We are in a proxy war. And it's a bit disconcerting how sides are aligning.

You should know that this is the standard for American foreign policy. The American people are as guilty as the government. Obama is fighting another needless war, so Democrats don't care. If McCain or Romney were in office doing the same thing Republicans wouldn't care. Same shit, different administration.

Forum List

Back