Here is how we fix the deficit

Here is how we fix the deficit.
1. Move over to universal healthcare like Britain, Germany, France, Canada and the rest of the first world has. None of these countries use even half as much of their gdp to support their blotted healthcare system.
I thought you said "fix the deficit", not "raise it considerably". Government control of healthcare should be eliminated entirely.
2. Set-up some kind of working group to go through the governments books looking for waste and inefficiency. .We shouldn't be buying 200 dollars hammers or toilet seats! This INCLUDES the department of defense...Wasting the tax payers money should be a crime that leads to prison time and fines.
Or eliminate some of the 400+ worthless government agencies, and the funding of Planned Parenthood. Oh, and ALL business subsidies.
3. Cut back welfare and unemployment(cut the time you can be on it in half at least) to pre-recession levels.(2007!) It may seem brutal but it is needed and we can do this over a decade or so. Anyone that is disabled for real don't have to worry within a moral society, but the people that aren't should consider getting educated fast.
Or abolish welfare entirely.

4. To help these people in 3. we could raise the minimum wage to 12 bucks per hour. We could also pass a law that prevent the ceo, board and the upper management from taking it all without paying the workers more. This would allow the worker more buying power and the ability to start their own business at some point. STRONGER ECONOMY that can pay down the deficit and debt.
No, that would weaken the economy. As expected of leftists, not knowing who actually hires people. If you cost a business more money, they expand more slowly, and hire fewer people. Only 3% of people even make minimum wage.
5. Stop pumping raw money into wall street...Raise interest rates. Would be better spent investing in real r&d and lab science that sees real return within our economy! ;) Not air.
I agree, they should stop ALL subsidies, though, not just Wall Street.
6. Merge every second base over seas and cut the defense department by 50 billion now!. We shouldn't have to defend the world and we shouldn't have a defense budget equaling the next 11 nations combined. We should depend on nato and other nations to do if we wish! The American tax payer shouldn't have to take it up the ass every few years on wars like iraq.
So, kill our defense so another Nation can conquer us. While it would technically solve the debt if America no longer stands, that's not how I want to do it.
7. Close the loop holes on the top 5% of the population. Lower the corporate to 18%, capital gains and income taxes to 25%, but they will have to pay it. The days of zero or 10% taxes are over!!! This will raise revenue.
Just rewrite the tax code entirely.
8. Legalize drugs like pot and tax them. Shorten the prison sentence by half for all non-violent crimes = less prisons...And less need to arrest people for stupid shit that will cost millions of bucks to sentence them.
I agree with legalizing and taxing drugs, heavily, but prison sentences shouldn't be shortened. Just bring back the death penalty for more violent crimes. If they're dead, they're not soaking up tax dollars or prison space.
I thought you said "fix the deficit", not "raise it considerably". Government control of healthcare should be eliminated entirely.
Horrible idea. Can you name one country that doesn't have any government involvement in the healthcare market? There's a very good reason the healthcare market has so much government involvement. I shouldn't have to explain why. Anyways, my opinion, thanks to a couple of good friends, is that the deficit is not a problem, but that's a different discussion.
Or eliminate some of the 400+ worthless government agencies, and the funding of Planned Parenthood. Oh, and ALL business subsidies.
What agencies are you defining as "worthless?" These agencies all employ american citizens, who spend dollars they earn, which helps the private sector and increases demand, which benefits everyone. Even then, the "worthless" agencies all server a purpose, which "slash and burn" conservatives tend to have a hard time finding. ;) Planned parenthood? Brilliant idea, I look forward to the uptick in STDS and unwanted pregnancies, which will just lead to more mothers/babies relying on government transfers such as WIC. There is no reason to remove business subsidies either, many businesses count on subsidies, and these same businesses go on to employ americans, who use the dollars they earn to spend at other businesses. The wheel keeps turning.. There's no real reason for the government to cut spending at all, especially in an economy where a shortage of consumer spending is the issue.
No, that would weaken the economy. As expected of leftists, not knowing who actually hires people. If you cost a business more money, they expand more slowly, and hire fewer people. Only 3% of people even make minimum wage.
I agree that it's a bad idea to prevent upper management in a firm from making large amounts of money, but their is a good argument for raising the minimum wage, over time, to something such as $12. Wage increases taking place in quite a few states are showing mostly positive results, and businesses are adjusting, consumer spending is going up for low wage workers, I'm sure you get the picture. Claiming leftists don't know who actually hire people is foolish. As someone who has taken a keen interest in macroeconomics, you should know that overall, businesses run on sales. Sales are a product of consumers spending dollars. Consumers are the engine of business, and the cost is mostly offset by the increase in spending from observing wage increases in cities."Only 3% of people even make the minimum wage." This ignores people who make just above the minimum wage, and the fact that those with a lower income have a higher marginal propensity to consume. (Meaning that when a poor workers ends up with $100 more a month, he will usually spend that on goods and services instead of saving it like someone who already has gotten value out of goods and services)
I agree, they should stop ALL subsidies, though, not just Wall Street.
Think of the economic affects this will have on a nation already starved for demand. What happens to these businesses? The employees?
So, kill our defense so another Nation can conquer us. While it would technically solve the debt if America no longer stands, that's not how I want to do it.
I agree, their is no reason to cut our defense. We need more government spending to keep our nation at full employment and offset our leakages, such as the trade deficit and the desire of individuals in the private sector to net save dollars, which is only possible with new injections, primarily from government deficit spending which leads to more net financial assets in the private sector. In other words, where do dollars come from? The debt isn't a problem, it never has been.
I agree with legalizing and taxing drugs, heavily, but prison sentences shouldn't be shortened. Just bring back the death penalty for more violent crimes. If they're dead, they're not soaking up tax dollars or prison space.
Prison sentences should be shortened. I can't think of any rational reason to keep drug offenders locked up for long periods, or people who commit minor violent crimes. Bringing back the death penalty is a foolish decision. I find it ironic that the anti abortion crusader wants to bring back the death penalty.
GGWP

As we would all expect a con troll to suggest. So, don't fix the infrastructure. Do not subsidize new technologies. Just keep on like you always have. I expect a drill baby drill to come from you next. Dipshit. Want to show a time in history when the national debt has gone down when unemployment is high? Want to tell us why that does not matter? Do you have a clue?
If there's money in it, it can be privatized, and done more efficiently. Like the GPS, technology that money can be made off of would advance far faster in the private sector. Infrastructure is not a subsidy, and if it were, there would be money for the private sector in that, too. Also, try quoting without breaking the post.
What nation do you think is going to conquer us, dipshit. Who pays even half as much as we do on defense? I know you have no idea, so go take a look. dipshit.
Oh, more insults, how mature. Any Nation that wants our resources would try, especially if we weaken our defense, as Liberals love to do.

OK. Who would you like to rewrite it, dipshit?
I assume you would like the wealthy to pay higher taxes, eh.
No, I don't actually think businesses should pay taxes. As it is, the tax code is designed to only tax the competitors of the Establishment, not that businesses pay taxes, anyway, it's passed down to the middle class in the form of higher good and service prices, and lay-offs.
If there's money in it, it can be privatized, and done more efficiently. Like the GPS, technology that money can be made off of would advance far faster in the private sector. Infrastructure is not a subsidy, and if it were, there would be money for the private sector in that, too. Also, try quoting without breaking the post.
Privatization isn't always more efficient. Even if privatizing.. say, the military would lead to better result, does that make it a smart choice? There's plenty of research that would have never been done if not for government involvement encouraging research that would otherwise be deemed worthless in a purely "free market" environment. After all, is their any reason to fund research that wouldn't turn a profit?
technology that money can be made off of would advance far faster in the private sector.
I'm pretty sure the private sector is already advancing research on a whole variety of fronts, including GPS technology, with quite a few firms getting help from the government. Remember, the private sector is completely dependent on the government, especially when the government is the sole issuer of the currency relied upon by the private sector, otherwise known as United States Dollars.
Oh, more insults, how mature. Any Nation that wants our resources would try, especially if we weaken our defense, as Liberals love to do.
That's false. There have been periods where the United States has cut back on military spending. Take.. for example, after world war 2. Were we invaded?
No, I don't actually think businesses should pay taxes. As it is, the tax code is designed to only tax the competitors of the Establishment, not that businesses pay taxes, anyway, it's passed down to the middle class in the form of higher good and service prices, and lay-offs
There is no reason businesses shouldn't pay taxes. I am in favor of lowering taxes and giving tax breaks across the board to an extent in order to spur more demand, but you're not even considering the inflationary risk of stopping taxation for businesses. "Tax the competitors of the establishment." Yeah, which is why Hillary Clinton paid 34.2% in federal taxes for 2015.
it's passed down to the middle class in the form of higher good and service prices, and lay-offs[
Higher prices are always going to occur since inflation is never going away. Typically, wages keep up with the modest inflation we have right now (The fed isn't even meeting inflation targets) but that hasn't been the case thanks to a lack of government involvement, which is unfortunate, but whatever. Lay-offs are almost always directly a result of a lack of sales. Where do sales come from, and what drives sales? Who has a higher MPC? ;) :ack-1:

Why not just shoot them as babies. I mean, don't go to the point where you must use the brains you do not have. And forget that whole idea of democracy. Just do what the right wing nut cases suggest. dipshit.
They give up their human rights the moment they kill or rape someone else. More Liberals protecting criminals, as expected of people who lack morals, ethics, and values.
So execute every murderer and rapist? :alcoholic:

Once we have done all the above we can focus on repairing our infrastructure, investing in r&d that gets returns, leading in science and reforming our educational system. All things that will make America number one again!
So long as the government runs education, we will never be number one.
Every country has government involvement in education sweetie. :badgrin:

I was going to reply to the other two posts first, but this one is quicker. Uhm, yes, execute every murderer and rapist. They're subhuman trash, and their lives mean nothing. Their deaths mean they won't be able to do it to anyone else.

Once we have done all the above we can focus on repairing our infrastructure, investing in r&d that gets returns, leading in science and reforming our educational system. All things that will make America number one again!
"But every other Nation does it" doesn't make it a good decision. You sound like the type of person that leaps off a cliff because others are doing it.

"But every other Nation does it" doesn't make it a good decision. You sound like the type of person that leaps off a cliff because others are doing it.
Not at all. I'm simply saying that there's no evidence removing the government from education produces greater results. If you have it, I'd love to see it.

I was going to reply to the other two posts first, but this one is quicker. Uhm, yes, execute every murderer and rapist. They're subhuman trash, and their lives mean nothing. Their deaths mean they won't be able to do it to anyone else.
"Subhuman trash and their lives mean nothing."
That's.. foolish. Look, murder and rape is horrible, but it doesn't warrant death. We're not barbarians, and the risk of innocent people being executed isn't worth the risk. (It's happened before.)

Not at all. I'm simply saying that there's no evidence removing the government from education produces greater results. If you have it, I'd love to see it.
Private schooled and Homeschooled students consistently score higher on tests. Plus the government can't really do anything right, anyway. Just look at the children being churned out by the Public School system.

That's.. foolish. Look, murder and rape is horrible, but it doesn't warrant death. We're not barbarians, and the risk of innocent people being executed isn't worth the risk. (It's happened before.)
It warrants far beyond death. Personally, I think rapists should be tortured to death or have their sex organs hacked off with a dull, rusty cleaver. Murderers should be killed the same way their victims were. They wouldn't be missed.

Private schooled and Homeschooled students consistently score higher on tests. Plus the government can't really do anything right, anyway. Just look at the children being churned out by the Public School system.
The government is still involved in both of those things you know.
HSLDA | Home School Laws
https://www2.ed.gov/admins/comm/choice/regprivschl/regprivschl.pdf

Oh, and public schools primarily suffer from a lack of funding and states treating teachers like dogshit. I'm a child churned out of the public school system, I came out with a GPA of 3.9 and I am in college right now. I've had a positive experience in a rural school district in Kentucky suffering from funding, I know it's anecdotal, but still.

It warrants far beyond death. Personally, I think rapists should be tortured to death or have their sex organs hacked off with a dull, rusty cleaver. Murderers should be killed the same way their victims were. They wouldn't be missed.
This goes a little to far.. I'm not sure if you're being serious. Your profile says you're a 15 year old. You'll grow out of trying to be edgy eventually, took me until I was about 17. :finger3:

HSLDA | Home School Laws

Oh, and public schools primarily suffer from a lack of funding and states treating teachers like dogshit. I'm a child churned out of the public school system, I came out with a GPA of 3.9 and I am in college right now. I've had a positive experience in a rural school district in Kentucky suffering from funding, I know it's anecdotal, but still.
Lack of funding is blamed, it isn't the reason. Teachers unions and the fact that the government controls it in the first place are the actual reasons. Besides, there's less government involvement in Private and Home schooling, and that's resulting in better scores. No government involvement at all would make it better.

Believe me, I've noticed you're government educated.

This goes a little to far.. I'm not sure if you're being serious. Your profile says you're a 15 year old. You'll grow out of trying to be edgy eventually, took me until I was about 17. :finger3:
Oh please, I'm not trying to be edgy. I'm completely serious. Rapists are the worst people in existence and deserve the worst death imaginable. If someone can come up with worse, I'd be happy to go with that instead. So long as it ends in death, and they're removed from the gene pool, I'm happy.

HSLDA | Home School Laws

Lack of funding is blamed, it isn't the reason. Teachers unions and the fact that the government controls it in the first place are the actual reasons. Besides, there's less government involvement in Private and Home schooling, and that's resulting in better scores. No government involvement at all would make it better.

It is the primary reason. Teacher unions are corrupt in some places but they serve a vital role, just look at what is happening to education funding in republican states. It's not pretty.
Besides, there's less government involvement in Private and Home schooling, and that's resulting in better scores. No government involvement at all would make it better.
Pathetic argument. Has never been true, well, anywhere. So you're telling me teachers that don't even have to get a proper background check would improve the education system? Regulations exist for a reason.

Oh please, I'm not trying to be edgy. I'm completely serious. Rapists are the worst people in existence and deserve the worst death imaginable. If someone can come up with worse, I'd be happy to go with that instead. So long as it ends in death, and they're removed from the gene pool, I'm happy.
You are trying to be edgy. When I was 15, I wanted to uphold the banner of Che Guevera and all sorts of stupid shit. I was trying to stand out. I assure you that you'll have a hard time finding other rational human beings who would support the barbaric murder of rapists and murderers, as bad as they may be.

HSLDA | Home School Laws

It is the primary reason. Teacher unions are corrupt in some places but they serve a vital role, just look at what is happening to education funding in republican states. It's not pretty.
Besides, there's less government involvement in Private and Home schooling, and that's resulting in better scores. No government involvement at all would make it better.
Pathetic argument. Has never been true, well, anywhere. So you're telling me teachers that don't even have to get a proper background check would improve the education system? Regulations exist for a reason.
Unions don't serve a vital role anywhere, in any medium at all. It causes maximum pay for minimum effort.

Regulations exist because the government isn't happy unless it's controlling things. In a private school, if a teacher is performing poorly, they can be fired and replaced. They have to keep customers happy. With the government, they get paid regardless, because of taxes. Also unlike government schools, private schools create self-sustaining jobs in an expanding industry.

You are trying to be edgy. When I was 15, I wanted to uphold the banner of Che Guevera and all sorts of stupid shit. I was trying to stand out. I assure you that you'll have a hard time finding other rational human beings who would support the barbaric murder of rapists and murderers, as bad as they may be.
You only think that way because keeping trash like them alive creates more victims, and victims vote Democrat. You're clearly not a logical human being.

Forum List

Back