Here's a tip that might help you get a pack of TP at your store!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
I went to Safeway today and as usual the TP and paper towel aisle was empty. Then I went to get me some Rum to drown my sorrows and there was a store employee looking over the bottles carrying a YUGE pack of TP! So I jumped his ass. jk. I asked him if a shipment had come in and he told me to go to the customer service counter and ask them. I go to the service counter and low and behold there is a stash of TP down behind the counter! So there you have it, not sure if they all do this but it's worth a try.

I went to Safeway today and as usual the TP and paper towel aisle was empty. Then I went to get me some Rum to drown my sorrows and there was a store employee looking over the bottles carrying a YUGE pack of TP! So I jumped his ass. jk. I asked him if a shipment had come in and he told me to go to the customer service counter and ask them. I go to the service counter and low and behold there is a stash of TP down behind the counter! So there you have it, not sure if they all do this but it's worth a try.
It sounds like they probably keep a stash under there for their employees.

It sounds like they probably keep a stash under there for their employees.
Yeah that could be, but it's worth a try. I doubt they would do that at a big box store but local markets might be doing it.

Most of the stores around me have plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. Grands biscuits seem to be the weirdest item that I can't find. Sanitizers and wet-wipes are pretty much non existent.

The strategy that I've been using is going to Sam's and Costco. If the local supermarket has 50 units and the local Sam's has 50 units; it stands to reason what you can buy at Sam's is going to be larger than what you can get at the local super market.

Wait a minute. I've had no problems getting TP, but where did you get Rum? I'd kill for a bottle of Rum, especially a good dark rum. Or whiskey. My idiot jackass governor closed every liquor store in the state over a month ago!

Over the last week and a half our Neighborhood Wally World (grocery Walmarts) have been fully stocked with TP, it's the facial tissue that's usually bare.

Wait a minute. I've had no problems getting TP, but where did you get Rum? I'd kill for a bottle of Rum, especially a good dark rum. Or whiskey. My idiot jackass governor closed every liquor store in the state over a month ago!
1587108139524.png

They're still selling booze here in Iowa if you want to take a road trip.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

i will admit to a total panic attack when my hubby told me we were outta puffs.....allergy season here and i prefer not to look like wc fields (young ones...google it)....thankfully there were boxes in the car

i havent gotten tp or paper towels in a month...i was lucky in that we do a 3 month shopping trip ..and had hit the walmart before this got started..

flour is hard to come by suddenly....bread and cake flour but most all flours

and try keeping bees and needing massive amounts of sugar....i ordered 20 lbs from the to go and got 2/2 lb bags..i didnt even know they made 2 lb bags...my normal buy is 100 lbs at a time...cant do that now ...we are recycling sugar from top feeders...and the danilions have bloomed..that may save us...

and yet there is no shortage of bar soap

Over the last week and a half our Neighborhood Wally World (grocery Walmarts) have been fully stocked with TP, it's the facial tissue that's usually bare.
dang....what size city is that? our local supermarket usually has none....
..I have always kept about a month's supply--before C19....when my dad died, he had a whole bunch of TP--he lived during the Depression...... now I'm just keeping my supply at full.....one day, I went to the supermarket at 330 pm and no TP...I went to the same place, first in line at 6 am--no TP.---that time I went to the other store after that--no TP......but now I know when they have it .....
...also Wally World has a little in the morning--but it's gone fast.....I'm off on Fridays--so I went there today...first in line .....no problem for me, I am very patient and can wait anywhere for anytime ....but it was gone fast

..I have always kept about a month's supply--before C19....when my dad died, he had a whole bunch of TP--he lived during the Depression...... now I'm just keeping my supply at full.....one day, I went to the supermarket at 330 pm and no TP...I went to the same place, first in line at 6 am--no TP.---that time I went to the other store after that--no TP......but now I know when they have it .....
...also Wally World has a little in the morning--but it's gone fast.....I'm off on Fridays--so I went there today...first in line .....no problem for me, I am very patient and can wait anywhere for anytime ....but it was gone fast
About 560,000 but we do have a Walmart warehouse/distribution center 25 miles south of us.

About 560,000 but we do have a Walmart warehouse/distribution center 25 miles south of us.
o---so the distribution center gets the goods then sends it to the stores? lucky you ...I'm not a Wally World fan, though.....some of the prices are higher/crowded as crap [ used to be ]/etc

o---so the distribution center gets the goods then sends it to the stores? lucky you ...I'm not a Wally World fan, though.....some of the prices are higher/crowded as crap [ used to be ]/etc
That's why I rarely go to the Wally World superstores but go to the small Neighborhood ones, they're like going to Safeway, Smiths or Albertsons, about the same size. I also chose my times to go to the superstores when they're not so busy. I don't use "member" stores because I refuse to pay for the privilege of shopping especially because I can find everything I need or want within a two mile radius at the same price or cheaper.

My local Wal-Mart has a fair amount of Angel Soft which is what I get.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The Deer Park 32 pack of bottled water is what I could not find.

That's why I rarely go to the Wally World superstores but go to the small Neighborhood ones, they're like going to Safeway, Smiths or Albertsons, about the same size. I also chose my times to go to the superstores when they're not so busy. I don't use "member" stores because I refuse to pay for the privilege of shopping especially because I can find everything I need or want within a two mile radius at the same price or cheaper.
..if you steal it, it's cheaper

I went shopping on Wednesday. I was not only able to buy toilet paper and paper towels, but I was able to purchase hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and bleach.

Forum List

Back