Hey Mitch..thanks for all your support..but..

Can you imagine Pence on the evening of the 6th when he gets called to the White House to explain why he didn't disallow the votes from being counted?

As I've said all along, Donald Trump is doing more to destroy the Republican party than any Democrat could hope to do in their lifetime. For the life of me, I cannot understand how all the down ballot candidates survived November 3rd. Are the Democrats in leadership positions just that bad at messaging? It couldn't have been all about "defund the police" or "medicare for all".

Why is the Senate Majority leader hated so much? "Energetic republican leadership" should support the republican administration and that's what McConnell did. So what's the problem again?

As I've said all along, Donald Trump is doing more to destroy the Republican party than any Democrat could hope to do in their lifetime. For the life of me, I cannot understand how all the down ballot candidates survived November 3rd. Are the Democrats in leadership positions just that bad at messaging? It couldn't have been all about "defund the police" or "medicare for all".
Understand your reluctance, but I suspect that is exactly why down ballot not effected. Nation did not turn left, just went to the center. Those are not center positions and trump was recognized as prime problem to be fixed, hedging bet by keeping their own state supported people for a couple of more years, just in case, so no blue wave on election day.

It was about all of that and more. The Democratic leadership, as well as radical like "The Squad," have behaved as repugnantly as Trump over the last four years. A lot of people wanted rid of Trump, but that doesn't mean they wanted the Democrats to run everything. I know several people who voted for Biden just to get Trump out of there, but voted Republican down ballot.

Why is the Senate Majority leader hated so much? "Energetic republican leadership" should support the republican administration and that's what McConnell did. So what's the problem again?

You are misguided, the Senate and the H. or Rep. are employed to enforce the mission left to them by the Founders, to wit:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Nothing in this mission statement suggests either chamber is to support a political party.

Forum List

Back