Highly questionable humor:

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
In the mid to late seventies in back water head shops with blacklight posters of Hitler, and underneath the slogan : YOU DO YOUR THING, I DO MINE. It was outrageous. So bent and outrageous was totally anti whatever and how liberal they where. Do you have any examples of that?

In the mid to late seventies in back water head shops with blacklight posters of Hitler, and underneath the slogan : YOU DO YOUR THING, I DO MINE. It was outrageous. So bent and outrageous was totally anti whatever they where.

I thought you were going to describe a GWAR show.

In the mid to late seventies in back water head shops with blacklight posters of Hitler, and underneath the slogan : YOU DO YOUR THING, I DO MINE. It was outrageous. So bent and outrageous was totally anti whatever and how liberal they where. Do you have any examples of that?

That was just leftovers from the "flower power" brigades of the 60's.

But yeah, there was a place in Garland when I lived there.........Vikon Village I think it was called. Had a head shop there, with black light fuzzy posters, incense, and all that shit.

Had a teacher in 5th grade that was a hippie. She was cool though. Very modern and "with it". Her classroom was giant bean bags in stead of desks, and she had macrame art hanging from the ceiling and tons of black light fuzzy posters all over the walls. WE LOVED her!!!!

1663985410085.png

I had a very, very, progressive/liberal friend, way back from MySpace days. This is when PC was first starting to be a real thing.

I told her, it is an Orwellian/Authoritarian type thing, to try to control language, and that the original Beatniks/Hippies, were very against this. When I showed her proof? (At this time, we had FB accounts,) she unfriended me and blocked me, even though? I was right. Folks in the left seem to HATE reality. . . why? :dunno:

Oh, yes Lenny Bruce . I remember when Richard Pryor was on the old FM talkiing 'bout niggras an honkeys and it seemed shocking! So, censorship, certain words and ideas go bye bye. The more times change..the more they stay the same.

Forum List

Back