🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners

roflbot102015.jpg

NRA terrorist logic.

They already regulate both.
And as history will tell you it doesnt stop the determined.

I have no idea what you mean by a "moderate" gun owner?

In reality, there are only two categories of gun owners.

1) Legal gun owners who obey the law.

2) Criminals who own illegal guns.

and people who use legal guns to become criminals.
My Bundy (Jr and Snr) comes to mind.

Eventually responsible gun owners will prevail - and the NRA terrorists will be relegated to history. Sanity will prevail over ignorance.

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Yes, the NRA is a VERY effective lobby - but not an HONEST one! It is run by hardcore NRA gun nutter radicals who refuse to give an inch even on gun control issues that most Americans and most gun owners support. Universal background checks should be a no-brainer.

Maybe you'd like the 2nd Amendment Foundation better, well maybe not, they're a bit more conservative than the NRA.

When it comes to your universal background checks, why are you lying, you know criminals selling on the black market won't do them, so your universal bullshit is pure fantasy and nothing but a talking point to fuck with law abiding citizens.

The Left has actually tried this numerous times. It always fails. Because the NRA represents responsible gun owners.
The Left is terrified of them because they are the most effective lobby in Washington.

Yes, the NRA is a VERY effective lobby - but not an HONEST one! It is run by hardcore NRA gun nutter radicals who refuse to give an inch even on gun control issues that most Americans and most gun owners support. Universal background checks should be a no-brainer.

Maybe you'd like the 2nd Amendment Foundation better, well maybe not, they're a bit more conservative than the NRA.

When it comes to your universal background checks, why are you lying, you know criminals selling on the black market won't do them, so your universal bullshit is pure fantasy and nothing but a talking point to fuck with law abiding citizens.

Where do criminals selling on the black market get their endless supply of guns? Hint: Gun manufacturers/dealers facilitated by the NRA. Facilitation includes controlling/intimidating Congress.

Last edited:
Responsible Gun Owners Must Be the Loudest Voices for Gun Safety Legislation

As a proud, responsible gun owner, I paid close attention to the president's speech outlining his executive actions on guns and studied the written proposal put forth by the White House carefully, and I can't NOT support them. I realize this may not make me popular with some gun owners, and I realize there is deep distrust of President Obama and his use of executive action. Simply put, I've always believed in being a responsible ambassador for the Second Amendment, a right that I hold dear; and, thus, I believe responsible gun owners MUST be the loudest voices for universal background checks and addressing the mental health crisis we face in this country, which form the crux of the president's proposals.

Universal background checks should be a no-brainer. Guns should not change hands without a background check. I cannot give my car to my children without filing a form with the DMV, and no one complains about that burden, nor do they suggest it's a veiled attempt to de-car America. Ronald Reagan, a conservative hero, wrote poignantly in 1991 that if background checks and waiting periods impacted gun deaths by as little as 10 to 15 percent, it should be the law of the land. In enacting universal background checks, Congress must fund improvements to the system and make it easy for a law abiding gun owner to transfer a gun to another law abiding citizen. It's also critically important that those who believe their Second Amendment right is wrongly infringed to have their day in Court and have a Judge review any administrative determination prohibiting them from owning a gun.

I also believe background checks should be streamlined for law-abiding citizens. A universal and robust background check process would show that responsible gun ownership is possible. Surveys show most Americans support responsible, law-abiding citizens purchasing a gun.

More: Responsible Gun Owners Must Be the Loudest Voices for Gun Safety Legislation

Amen! Responsible gun owners must speak up. Take the power away from NRA terrorists.

Responsible owners practice gun safety, they don't need legislation.

As a proud, responsible gun owner, I paid close attention to the president's speech outlining his executive actions on guns and studied the written proposal put forth by the White House carefully, and I can't NOT support them. I realize this may not make me popular with some gun owners, and I realize there is deep distrust of President Obama and his use of executive action. Simply put, I've always believed in being a responsible ambassador for the Second Amendment, a right that I hold dear; and, thus, I believe responsible gun owners MUST be the loudest voices for universal background checks and addressing the mental health crisis we face in this country, which form the crux of the president's proposals.

Universal background checks should be a no-brainer. Guns should not change hands without a background check. I cannot give my car to my children without filing a form with the DMV, and no one complains about that burden, nor do they suggest it's a veiled attempt to de-car America. Ronald Reagan, a conservative hero, wrote poignantly in 1991 that if background checks and waiting periods impacted gun deaths by as little as 10 to 15 percent, it should be the law of the land. In enacting universal background checks, Congress must fund improvements to the system and make it easy for a law abiding gun owner to transfer a gun to another law abiding citizen. It's also critically important that those who believe their Second Amendment right is wrongly infringed to have their day in Court and have a Judge review any administrative determination prohibiting them from owning a gun.

I also believe background checks should be streamlined for law-abiding citizens. A universal and robust background check process would show that responsible gun ownership is possible. Surveys show most Americans support responsible, law-abiding citizens purchasing a gun.

More: Responsible Gun Owners Must Be the Loudest Voices for Gun Safety Legislation

Amen! Responsible gun owners must speak up. Take the power away from NRA terrorists.

Responsible gun owners also need to be responsible citizens.

Where do criminals selling on the black market get their endless supply of guns? Hint: Gun manufacturers/dealers facilitated by the NRA. Facilitation includes controlling/intimidating Congress.

Bullshit, most automatic weapons are smuggled into the US and have never entered a legitimate supply chain, others are stolen. Time to stop your lying bullshit.

Responsible gun owners also need to be responsible citizens.

Of course to you the only responsible citizens are the ones willing to bend over for you regressives, fuck off.

Bullshit, most automatic weapons are smuggled into the US and have never entered a legitimate supply chain, others are stolen. Time to stop your lying bullshit.
YOU ARE WRONG on this...after Straw Purchases, (which are bought from a gun store)

The next biggest source of illegal gun transactions where criminals get guns are sales made by legally licensed but corrupt at-home and commercial gun dealers. Several recent reports back up Wachtel's own studies about this, and make the case that illegal activity by those licensed to sell guns, known as Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), is a huge source of crime guns and greatly surpasses the sale of guns stolen from John Q. Citizen. Like bank robbers, who are interested in banks, gun traffickers are interested in FFLs because that's where the guns are. This is why FFLs are a large source of illegal guns for traffickers, who ultimately wind up selling the guns on the street.

According to a recent ATF report, there is a significant diversion to the illegal gun market from FFLs. The report states that "of the 120,370 crime guns that were traced to purchases from the FFLs then in business, 27.7 % of these firearms were seized by law enforcement in connection with a crime within two years of the original sale. This rapid `time to crime' of a gun purchased from an FFL is a strong indicator that the initial seller or purchaser may have been engaged in unlawful activity."

The report goes on to state that "over-the-counter purchases are not the only means by which guns reach the illegal market from FFLs" and reveals that 23,775 guns have been reported lost, missing or stolen from FFLs since September 13, 1994, when a new law took effect requiring dealers to report gun thefts within 48 hours. This makes the theft of 6,000 guns reported in the CIR/Frontline show "Hot Guns" only 25% of all cases reported to ATF in the past two and one-half years.

Another large source of guns used in crimes are unlicensed street dealers who either get their guns through illegal transactions with licensed dealers, straw purchases, or from gun thefts. These illegal dealers turn around and sell these illegally on the street. An additional way criminals gain access to guns is family and friends, either through sales, theft or as gifts.

frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS

Hillary Clinton urges moderate gun owners to take on the NRA

Are there any moderate gun owners, are all they all Texas rednecks?

It strikes me all gun owners are right wing madmen

Hmmm, I am a right wing mad man?

No, I live in Texas and own two shotguns, and I am a responsible gun owner. One Shotgun is for hunting Duck, Boar, and wild game and the other is for land protection.

My one shotgun is in a locked closet and come out during hunting season while the other is on a rack where i can grab it quickly.

My shotguns are never loaded but both have a sleeve to hold shells that can be loaded quickly.

So what part of what I have is not reasonable to you?

Do you believe someone like me should not be allow to hunt?

How about protecting my land against wild dogs?

I find it strange that those like you believe there is no reasonable gun owners and believe everyone that own a gun is some lunatic...

Exactly who has complained about how you use your guns? As long as you don't intentionally scare people by prancing around town with one or oppose reasonable steps to keep them out of bad guy,s hands, you are just like any of the other millions of reasonable gun owners . We both know people whose guns are never unloaded, and want to make sure everybody knows they are always armed. Those are the people that scare me.

YOU ARE WRONG on this...after Straw Purchases, (which are bought from a gun store)

The next biggest source of illegal gun transactions where criminals get guns are sales made by legally licensed but corrupt at-home and commercial gun dealers. Several recent reports back up Wachtel's own studies about this, and make the case that illegal activity by those licensed to sell guns, known as Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs), is a huge source of crime guns and greatly surpasses the sale of guns stolen from John Q. Citizen. Like bank robbers, who are interested in banks, gun traffickers are interested in FFLs because that's where the guns are. This is why FFLs are a large source of illegal guns for traffickers, who ultimately wind up selling the guns on the street.

According to a recent ATF report, there is a significant diversion to the illegal gun market from FFLs. The report states that "of the 120,370 crime guns that were traced to purchases from the FFLs then in business, 27.7 % of these firearms were seized by law enforcement in connection with a crime within two years of the original sale. This rapid `time to crime' of a gun purchased from an FFL is a strong indicator that the initial seller or purchaser may have been engaged in unlawful activity."

The report goes on to state that "over-the-counter purchases are not the only means by which guns reach the illegal market from FFLs" and reveals that 23,775 guns have been reported lost, missing or stolen from FFLs since September 13, 1994, when a new law took effect requiring dealers to report gun thefts within 48 hours. This makes the theft of 6,000 guns reported in the CIR/Frontline show "Hot Guns" only 25% of all cases reported to ATF in the past two and one-half years.

Another large source of guns used in crimes are unlicensed street dealers who either get their guns through illegal transactions with licensed dealers, straw purchases, or from gun thefts. These illegal dealers turn around and sell these illegally on the street. An additional way criminals gain access to guns is family and friends, either through sales, theft or as gifts.

Stolen guns are a source of weapons for criminals

All stolen guns are available to criminals by definition. Recent studies of adult and juvenile offenders show that many have either stolen a firearm or kept, sold, or traded a stolen firearm.

• According to the 1991 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those inmates who possessed a handgun, 9% had acquired it through theft and 28% had acquired it through an illegal market such as a drug dealer or fence. Of all inmates, 10% had stolen at least one gun, and 11% had sold or traded stolen guns.

• Studies of adult and juvenile offenders that the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services conducted in 1992 and 1993 found that 15% of the adult offenders and 19% of the juvenile offenders had stolen guns; 16% of the adults and 24% of the juveniles had kept a stolen gun; and 20% of the adults and 30% of the juveniles had sold or traded a stolen gun.

• From a sample of juvenile inmates in four States, Sheley and Wright found that more than 50% had stolen a gun at least once in their lives and 24% had stolen their most recently obtained handgun. They concluded that theft and burglary were the original, not always the proximate, source of many guns acquired by the juveniles.
How many guns are stolen?

The Victim Survey (NCVS) estimates that there were 341,000 incidents of firearm theft from private citizens annually from 1987-92. Since the survey does not ask how many guns were stolen, the number of guns stolen probably exceeds the number of incidents of gun theft.

The FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC) stolen gun file contained over 2 million reports as of March 1995. In 1994, over 306,000 entries were added to this file including a variety of guns, ammunition, cannons and grenades. Reports of stolen guns are included in the NCIC files when citizens report the theft to law enforcement agencies which submit a report to the FBI. All entries must include make, caliber, and serial number. Initiated in 1967, the NCIC stolen gun file retains all entries indefinitely unless a recovery is reported.

Most stolen guns are handguns

Victims report to the Victim Survey that in 53% of the thefts of guns, handguns were stolen. The FBI's stolen gun file's 2 million reports include information on--

• 1.26 million handguns (almost 60%)

• 470,000 rifles (22%)

• 356,000 shotguns (17%).
From 1985 to 1994, the FBI received an annual average of over 274,000 reports of stolen guns

Guns Used In Crime, Feature Articles- FirearmsID.com

All stolen guns are available to criminals by definition. Recent studies of adult and juvenile offenders show that many have either stolen a firearm or kept, sold, or traded a stolen firearm.

• According to the 1991 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those inmates who possessed a handgun, 9% had acquired it through theft and 28% had acquired it through an illegal market such as a drug dealer or fence. Of all inmates, 10% had stolen at least one gun, and 11% had sold or traded stolen guns.

• Studies of adult and juvenile offenders that the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services conducted in 1992 and 1993 found that 15% of the adult offenders and 19% of the juvenile offenders had stolen guns; 16% of the adults and 24% of the juveniles had kept a stolen gun; and 20% of the adults and 30% of the juveniles had sold or traded a stolen gun.

• From a sample of juvenile inmates in four States, Sheley and Wright found that more than 50% had stolen a gun at least once in their lives and 24% had stolen their most recently obtained handgun. They concluded that theft and burglary were the original, not always the proximate, source of many guns acquired by the juveniles.

The Victim Survey (NCVS) estimates that there were 341,000 incidents of firearm theft from private citizens annually from 1987-92. Since the survey does not ask how many guns were stolen, the number of guns stolen probably exceeds the number of incidents of gun theft.

The FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC) stolen gun file contained over 2 million reports as of March 1995. In 1994, over 306,000 entries were added to this file including a variety of guns, ammunition, cannons and grenades. Reports of stolen guns are included in the NCIC files when citizens report the theft to law enforcement agencies which submit a report to the FBI. All entries must include make, caliber, and serial number. Initiated in 1967, the NCIC stolen gun file retains all entries indefinitely unless a recovery is reported.

Victims report to the Victim Survey that in 53% of the thefts of guns, handguns were stolen. The FBI's stolen gun file's 2 million reports include information on--

• 470,000 rifles (22%)

From 1985 to 1994, the FBI received an annual average of over 274,000 reports of stolen guns

exk.gif

by Dan Noyes, Center for Investigative Reporting
Ask a cop on the beat how criminals get guns and you're likely to hear this hard boiled response: "They steal them." But this street wisdom is wrong, according to one frustrated Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agent who is tired of battling this popular misconception. An expert on crime gun patterns, ATF agent Jay Wachtel says that most guns used in crimes are not stolen out of private gun owners' homes and cars. "Stolen guns account for only about 10% to 15% of guns used in crimes," Wachtel said. Because when they want guns they want them immediately the wait is usually too long for a weapon to be stolen and find its way to a criminal.

In fact, there are a number of sources that allow guns to fall into the wrong hands, with gun thefts at the bottom of the list. Wachtel says one of the most common ways criminals get guns is through straw purchase sales. A straw purchase occurs when someone who may not legally acquire a firearm, or who wants to do so anonymously, has a companion buy it on their behalf. According to a 1994 ATF study on "Sources of Crime Guns in Southern California," many straw purchases are conducted in an openly "suggestive" manner where two people walk into a gun store, one selects a firearm, and then the other uses identification for the purchase and pays for the gun. Or, several underage people walk into a store and an adult with them makes the purchases. Both of these are illegal activities.

• 470,000 rifles (22%)

exk.gif

by Dan Noyes, Center for Investigative Reporting
Ask a cop on the beat how criminals get guns and you're likely to hear this hard boiled response: "They steal them." But this street wisdom is wrong, according to one frustrated Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agent who is tired of battling this popular misconception. An expert on crime gun patterns, ATF agent Jay Wachtel says that most guns used in crimes are not stolen out of private gun owners' homes and cars. "Stolen guns account for only about 10% to 15% of guns used in crimes," Wachtel said. Because when they want guns they want them immediately the wait is usually too long for a weapon to be stolen and find its way to a criminal.

In fact, there are a number of sources that allow guns to fall into the wrong hands, with gun thefts at the bottom of the list. Wachtel says one of the most common ways criminals get guns is through straw purchase sales. A straw purchase occurs when someone who may not legally acquire a firearm, or who wants to do so anonymously, has a companion buy it on their behalf. According to a 1994 ATF study on "Sources of Crime Guns in Southern California," many straw purchases are conducted in an openly "suggestive" manner where two people walk into a gun store, one selects a firearm, and then the other uses identification for the purchase and pays for the gun. Or, several underage people walk into a store and an adult with them makes the purchases. Both of these are illegal activities.

Oh boy, two links quoting the same guy tell the same story, who would have possibly thunk that?

I guess the criminals in the studies I linked to just don't know what they're talking about and there aren't more than a quarter million stolen guns a year. which by it's very definition places those guns in the hands of criminals. Carry on, I think you have yourself convinced.

"Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners"

Actually, NRA members – the vast majority of whom are responsible gun owners – need to demand the Association get out of politics and focus instead on guns and support of appropriate, responsible, and Constitutional gun measures.

"Hillary says NRA needs a "rival" organization of responsible gun owners"

Actually, NRA members – the vast majority of whom are responsible gun owners – need to demand the Association get out of politics and focus instead on guns and support of appropriate, responsible, and Constitutional gun measures.

Folks like you are the very reason I joined the NRA last month, first time in my in my life. I will encourage them to stand fast against every one of your regressive measures. Here's an idea, how about actually enforcing the current laws on the books and actually hold criminals accountable. Of course that would cost the regressivecrats some votes so you can't have that.

Are there any moderate gun owners, are all they all Texas rednecks?

It strikes me all gun owners are right wing madmen

Hmmm, I am a right wing mad man?

No, I live in Texas and own two shotguns, and I am a responsible gun owner. One Shotgun is for hunting Duck, Boar, and wild game and the other is for land protection.

My one shotgun is in a locked closet and come out during hunting season while the other is on a rack where i can grab it quickly.

My shotguns are never loaded but both have a sleeve to hold shells that can be loaded quickly.

So what part of what I have is not reasonable to you?

Do you believe someone like me should not be allow to hunt?

How about protecting my land against wild dogs?

I find it strange that those like you believe there is no reasonable gun owners and believe everyone that own a gun is some lunatic...

Of course they believe that. If they didn't they wouldn't be lefty loons who know what's best for everyone.

I'm a responsible gun owner as well. My shotgun is for self defense. I will have no problem using it.

Most people are responsible owners. The few that aren't paint everyone with a gun as a nut job.

Never forget. The gun is the tool. The one using it is the weapon.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

What we need is more responsible trained gun owners. Those nuts in Oregon are way outside of the law and I say starve them out. When charged with mutable felonies and convicted, sorry you crazy people just lost your Second Amendment Right. Felony means a crime against the United States of America

Even that lying twat Sotomayor had to pretend to be pro 2nd to get on SCOTUS. Hillary should come out against the 1st too while she's at it

Forum List

Back