Hip Fractures over 50 and death

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Apparently having a HF over 50 is a massive and traumatic experience on the body

Many things go wrong from a HF

You are F

My uncle in his late 80s fell down some basement steps in his home and broke his hip. It was replaced but became infected and was replaced again. He was doing fine but using a cane. He went to visit his mother’s grave in the winter. He fell when his cane entered a hole in the ground, where some flowers had been, causing him to fall and break his other hip. He never did recover from that accident.

Last edited:
Many things go wrong from a HF

You are F
Reminds me of some gay dude, worked as a cook in the fat-salt-sugar-service-and-tips industry, HIV+, allegedly he rolled over in bed and broke his penis.

Both my grandmothers died of hip fractures from which they never recovered.

People (and especially females) are very private about their medical histories, but there's a routine hysterectomy with an enforced menopause, and then there's mandatory hormone replacement therapy for any woman over 50, but even with that, there's not enough estrogen to replace bone mass, throws off a woman's thyroid and parathyroid glands.

And for a man, it's the exact same hullabaloo over his prostate gland, and if there's a lack of testosterone, that can lead to bone loss, hair loss, thinning of the skin, as well, because a prostate gland is the exact same thing in a man as the uterus is in a woman. And if a man drinks alcohol, the prostate is subject to cirrhosis much as the liver is, which causes difficulty urinating as well. The prostate produces other hormones which in conjunction with testosterone cause calcium to be laid down in the bones to make up for natural bone loss and recycling of bone tissue over time.

If you suffered severe enough trauma to break your hip, that is not all you broke. You likely suffered a lot more damage than that. That fractured hip is just the most obvious damage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back