Home Owner Could Face Fines For Christmas Display

Damn right.

Honestly! It's his own fucking house!!! :rolleyes:

Ikr? Me too. Thanks for not scolding me about what I said about leftists btw as you already know that comment isn't directed towards you,.. it's just that I never hear about conservative snowflakes. Just saying. Not that that comment was directed towards anyone in particular though. :)
I can show you plenty of conservative snowflakes Mr marvin martian is the president of the club :cool:

I think I will just agree to disagree with you and leave it at that because no offense or anything but I don't want to get involved.
Im just messing around... Marvin has a man crush on me but doesn't like to admit it. I just like giving him a little attention every now and then.

He needs donations to pay the fines so he can keep it up till after Christmas.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is it legally okay for the display to be named after what is done during that film? In other words, could a lawsuit be filed against the man for his use of the "Griswold Family Christmas" phrase?

God bless you and the man always!!!

Holly

He's not facing a fine for the Christmas display. There are safety concerns with the second story he added onto the house for sake of adding more decorations. He probably needed a building permit and an inspection for that. I'm not actually seeing an issue with the city's demand. When I added a room to my house and extended it I got the necessary permits and inspections.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is it legally okay for the display to be named after what is done during that film? In other words, could a lawsuit be filed against the man for his use of the "Griswold Family Christmas" phrase?

Holly
Its America you can sue anybody for whatever reasons you can come up with. Look at what Trump did with the whole "rigged election" thing... Pure silliness... Now whether those lawsuits go anywhere well that would be up to the courts and I don't see a case for Captain Griswold to not be able to theme his xmas display after the movie.

This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Let the man have his holiday fun. Bah humbug to all of the people complaining about this. :rolleyes:

The guy didn't get a permit for the temporary second story on his house. In other words, he forgot they have rules in cities about adding to a structure. It is yer OP why in the hell did you not know that?

Holly

Not sure, but I don't think so.

It's not the HOA that's giving him trouble, it's the city (which is, of course, run by people like you).
It could be failure to get a construction permit, or maybe violating building codes, but that's a stretch for the city.

Forum List

Back