Honest People

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Before sunrise this morning, I stopped at an ATM in the center of a small city that has seen better times. I did not notice my cell phone holster (with the phone in it) fell off my belt when I put the cash from the ATM in my pocket.

Hours later, I noticed my phone was missing. After tearing my office apart looking for it, and searching the path I had walked from my car, I became concerned.

I then remembered my ATM visit.

Fortunately, I loaded an app called Lookout on my phone some time ago, and I went to the web site, logged on, and it identifed the exact location of my phone. A coffee shop across the street from the ATM. Amazing. Even the name of the coffee shop showed up on the map. I love modern technology!

Lookout allows you to remotely lock your phone so no one can access any functions without a secret code. I immediately locked it and headed out to the coffee shop.

As I drove back to that city, I called my senior staffer and had her log on to Lookout and prepare to make my phone scream. A nice little function Lookout has that makes your phone wail almost as loud as a police siren. Good for finding it in noisy environments.

As I entered the coffee shop, I noticed it was jam packed with about thirty people, and so I had my senior staffer make my phone scream. I was using a backup phone to talk to her.

Turns out, someone had found my phone at the ATM and decided to give it to the clerks at the coffee shop for safekeeping.

Weird. I have my email address and a phone number to call on the home screen of my phone. I don't know why they didn't call.

But at least they were honest. And when my phone started screaming from under the counter, I was quickly able to locate it and they happily turned it over. I then entered the code number to make it stop screaming, and gave the ladies a nice tip.

Thank you for being honest, whoever you are.

I almost never plug commerical products, but Lookout on my Android phone worked exactly the way it is supposed to. It was amazing. It also backs up all my phone information on a regular schedule and can slick all the data on my phone remotely, if need be.

Plus it has that really cool scream function. :)

I tried a bunch of really crappy phone locator apps before, and they all sucked. But this one really works.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad, but it was such a huge relief to get my phone back, and I'm sure everyone would feel the same way, what with how important they have become to all of us. They are more than just phones now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back