House Forces Hagel To Bring Back Furloughed Civilians

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Interesting- After the House passes bill to pay furloughed government workers back pay, Hagel says he found a part of a bill Odumbo signed the night before the shutdown that would allow him to pay workers.

How convenient

The House wins again.

The dems should just say uncle already. Cruz and the crowd are kicking their ass

-Geaux

Pentagon recalling many civilian defense employees idled by shutdown | Reuters

(Reuters) - The Pentagon said on Saturday it will recall many of the roughly 400,000 civilian Defense Department employees sent home during the government shutdown, in a move that could greatly lessen the impact of feuding in Washington on U.S. armed forces.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said a legal review of the "Pay Our Military Act," signed by President Barack Obama on Monday on the eve of the shutdown, would allow him to bring a still-unspecified number of civilians back to work next week.

"I expect us to be able to significantly reduce - but not eliminate - civilian furloughs under this process," Hagel said.

Interesting- After the House passes bill to pay furloughed government workers back pay, Hagel says he found a part of a bill Odumbo signed the night before the shutdown that would allow him to pay workers.

How convenient

The House wins again.

The dems should just say uncle already. Cruz and the crowd are kicking their ass

-Geaux

(Reuters) - The Pentagon said on Saturday it will recall many of the roughly 400,000 civilian Defense Department employees sent home during the government shutdown, in a move that could greatly lessen the impact of feuding in Washington on U.S. armed forces.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said a legal review of the "Pay Our Military Act," signed by President Barack Obama on Monday on the eve of the shutdown, would allow him to bring a still-unspecified number of civilians back to work next week.

"I expect us to be able to significantly reduce - but not eliminate - civilian furloughs under this process," Hagel said.

They should be working and get paid later like I had to do in the 90s. It is wrong for some to have to work without pay and others to get a paid vacation.

How convenient

The House wins again.

-Geaux

They should be working and get paid later like I had to do in the 90s. It is wrong for some to have to work without pay and others to get a paid vacation.

Agreed- But the bottom line is, even under these current circumstances, government employees did not require furlough. Obama has just been crapping on them since day one.

-Geaux

Hagel forestalls the House, making the majority look silly on this one.

Forum List

Back