🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

House moving to arrest Lerner?

NOW that..would be fun.

It would show in plain view..just really how much conservatives have no idea of how to govern.

American Taliban indeed!

As much as I'd LOVE to see any IRS sh*tbag do a Perp Walk, it all comes down to Jurisdiction. You can't Lawfully Arrest someone unless they are in your scope of Jurisdiction, where you are Legally able to Operate.

The Sgt at Arms can be directed to arrest anybody, but unless that person shows up at a place in the Jurisdiction of the Sgt at Arms which if you look at their page, is the Capitol Building, parking lots and other small areas, you can't touch them.

If you're thinking that he's just gonna' march into the IRS building and slap the cuffs on Ms. Lerner you'd be sadly mistaken. That's the D.C. Police and IRS Police's Jurisdiction. Nearly EVERY Gov't entity has it's own Police Force.

Now, does the Sgt at Arms and the Capitol Police have an agreement with local Police Forces to coordinate Police Activities in each others Jurisdictions? I don't know.

But I think as long as Ms. Lerner stays off Capitol Hill she's safe, for now. I think the ball is STILL in the House of Reps court.

Last edited:
As much as I'd LOVE to see any IRS sh*tbag do a Perp Walk, it all comes down to Jurisdiction. You can't Lawfully Arrest someone unless they are in your scope of Jurisdiction, where you are Legally able to Operate.

The Sgt at Arms can be directed to arrest anybody, but unless that person shows up at a place in the Jurisdiction of the Sgt at Arms which if you look at their page, is the Capitol Building, parking lots and other small areas, you can't touch them.

If you're thinking that he's just gonna' march into the IRS building and slap the cuffs on Ms. Lerner you'd be sadly mistaken. That's the D.C. Police and IRS Police's Jurisdiction. Nearly EVERY Gov't entity has it's own Police Force.

Now, does the Sgt at Arms and the Capitol Police have an agreement with local Police Forces to coordinate Police Activities in each others Jurisdictions? I don't know.

But I think as long as Ms. Lerner stays off Capitol Hill she's safe, for now. I think the ball is STILL in the House of Reps court.
OK. I can buy that.

Subpoena the wench, then arrest her when she does show up or for failure to appear if she does not.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
OK. I can buy that.

Subpoena the wench, then arrest her when she does show up or for failure to appear if she does not.
Unless she turns herself in I honestly don't know what the House can do next. They have to coordinate her arrest with other Police Forces before they can do anything.

Looks like Capitol police can indeed arrest Miss Lerner. This should be good. :badgrin:
The Capitol Police has exclusive jurisdiction within the United States Capitol Grounds and has concurrent jurisdiction with other law enforcement agencies, including the United States Park Police and the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia, in an area of approximately 200 blocks around the complex. Officers also have jurisdiction throughout the District of Columbia to take enforcement action when they observe or are made aware of crimes of violence while on official duties.

United States Capitol Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think that it would be great. Then I want her to sue. Then I want the total amount of money that has been spent on this issue. Then I want an investigation done on these clowns.

Last edited:
NOW that..would be fun.

It would show in plain view..just really how much conservatives have no idea of how to govern.

American Taliban indeed!

Actually, it would do the opposite. Any moron can turn a blind eye to governmental corruption...usually because they are benefitting from it... It takes a leader to go up against a corrupt government and challenge them.

Why am I not surprised you couldn't figure that one out.

Lying to congress is contempt, and she's clearly guilty.

rep for the first to post the irony of this.

hell rep for all that get the irony
They'll have to arrest the entire Obama administration then and half the Democratic Party.

Man....when you guys are told that someone is a villain.....you go all in.

There has been no government corruption here, Westwall. There has been political grandstanding following a grasp at straws.

I'll tell you this though.......if I were you...and believed to my core that the IRS was guilty of crimes against conservatives....I'd be really pissed off that the people charged with prosecuting the case are so fucking incompetent. They got nothin'. The very sight of Darrell Issa would make my blood boil.

Forum List

Back