How should we 'support our troops?'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
First, don't support them. No pay raises, no increased benefits, no limited combat deployments, no better VA healthcare, nothing.

Only when joining the military and being used as cannon fodder in yet another pointless war, dying for no reason, suffering crippling injuries and brain traumas is seen as an act of desperation instead of some bullshit act of patriotism will wars become less frequent.

If you really supported the troops you'd quit supporting their being misused in some half-assed play at Empire. Military actions in the meddle east aren't protecting us back home. If anything it's only endagering us pissing off the locals, some of whom wind up coming over here to exact well-deserved vengeance. Only thing being protected over there is some oil company's profit margin. That's not why I joined the Navy dropping out of college to do so.

Politicians who vote for troop deployments should be voted out at the next election. Politicians who vote for making military service seem more attractive should be voted out at the next election. Politicians who vote in any way complimentary to the military, or hostile to other nations should be voted out at the next election. Frankly I think something else should happen but let's start all nice n fuzzy and give that a chance first.

If politicians have fewer soldiers to sabre rattle with and go to war with they'll have fewer wars. The misuse of America's best need to end. We're throwing away the best of us in some futile pointless gesture. If a foreign force lands on Miami Beach fine, send in the Marines. Short of invasion or enemy aircraft flying over head or lobbing missiles at us the military should be kept in reserve for when they're really needed. Not exhausted in wars of conquest and world domination.

Hmmm. Well...only the desperate would enlist. And we'd lose every war we fight.

The best way...is mandatory service. Like Israel. And military occupations are done by lottery.

So a Senator's son....could be Army infantry.

And raise the draft age to 50. With technology. ..older men can serve.

When everyone carries the load...people will stop making the load so massive.

and to think that i thought this would be a serious question.

i like that my basic nature is optimistic, despite constant evidence to the contrary.

yea me!!:happy-1:

Obummers legacy.

It won't be long now, over in Crapistan, they'll soon run out of troops willing to fight and die in our war.
At that point we have to decide on serving up even more of our own troops to the meat grinder, or pull out after wasting countless trillions in tax dollars and the lives of thousands of our soldiers to yet another unwinnable war.

What's it gonna be obummer ?

Only liberals and gays belong in today's military. Not one decent American should risk their lives for this cess pool.

Hmmm. Well...only the desperate would enlist. And we'd lose every war we fight.

The best way...is mandatory service. Like Israel. And military occupations are done by lottery.

So a Senator's son....could be Army infantry.

And raise the draft age to 50. With technology. ..older men can serve.

When everyone carries the load...people will stop making the load so massive.
Or, more than half the military would have no loyalty to the military or the country such military serves.

First, don't support them. No pay raises, no increased benefits, no limited combat deployments, no better VA healthcare, nothing.

Only when joining the military and being used as cannon fodder in yet another pointless war, dying for no reason, suffering crippling injuries and brain traumas is seen as an act of desperation instead of some bullshit act of patriotism will wars become less frequent.

If you really supported the troops you'd quit supporting their being misused in some half-assed play at Empire. Military actions in the meddle east aren't protecting us back home. If anything it's only endagering us pissing off the locals, some of whom wind up coming over here to exact well-deserved vengeance. Only thing being protected over there is some oil company's profit margin. That's not why I joined the Navy dropping out of college to do so.

Politicians who vote for troop deployments should be voted out at the next election. Politicians who vote for making military service seem more attractive should be voted out at the next election. Politicians who vote in any way complimentary to the military, or hostile to other nations should be voted out at the next election. Frankly I think something else should happen but let's start all nice n fuzzy and give that a chance first.

If politicians have fewer soldiers to sabre rattle with and go to war with they'll have fewer wars. The misuse of America's best need to end. We're throwing away the best of us in some futile pointless gesture. If a foreign force lands on Miami Beach fine, send in the Marines. Short of invasion or enemy aircraft flying over head or lobbing missiles at us the military should be kept in reserve for when they're really needed. Not exhausted in wars of conquest and world domination.

The best thing we as americans can ever ever do, is DEMAND THAT THIS COUNTRY END THE WAR AND BRING OUR TROOPS HOME.....15 YEARS AND WE HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR ALL THE DEATHS....BRING OUR SOLDIERS HOME!!

Forum List

Back