Hunter Biden pleads GUILTY in tax case!!!

StatesRightsForever

Platinum Member
May 1, 2024
More bad news for democrats. I sure hope this monster does years in prison. Stole $1.4 million

sep 5 2024vvA lawyer for Hunter Biden told a federal judge in Los Angeles there was no reason to proceed with the scheduled start of jury selection in his criminal tax case Thursday morning because the son of President Joe Biden intends to change his plea.

The lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said Hunter Biden wants to enter a so-called Alford plea, in which a defendant maintains they are innocent of the accused crimes, but concedes prosecutors have enough evidence to convict them.

Lowell’s announcement caught prosecutors by surprise. Scarsi gave them time to digest the development and to discuss it with Biden’s defense team. Biden, 54, had previously pleaded not guilty in the case, where he is charged with three felony counts and six misdemeanors related to failing to pay at least $1.4 million in federal taxes from 2016 through 2019.

Thread title is a lie.

From your link:

The lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said Hunter Biden wants to enter a so-called Alford plea, in which a defendant maintains they are innocent of the accused crimes, but concedes prosecutors have enough evidence to convict them.

That's not a guilty plea.
Of course it's a guilty plea, you fool.

Not sure why you would think this is bad news for Democrats. Hunter isn't running for any office. None of his family members are either. If he broke the law, lock him up. You won't get any argument from me.

More bad news for democrats. I sure hope this monster does years in prison. Stole $1.4 million

The Alford Plea however is a 'functionally guilty plea' but not an actual 'guilty' plea. It is not an admission of guilt but concedes that the prosecution has enough evidence to likely get a conviction and a jury trial is waved. That leaves it up to the judge to adjudicate the case and issue a sentence.

The judge does not have to accept the plea that the prosecution is objecting to, and that decision will likely be made later today.

No doubt this is a last ditch effort to prevent embarrassing evidence that could possibly implicate Joe Biden and other family members from coming out in open court. And of course they expect a light sentence probably involving no jail time.

The Alford Plea however is a 'functionally guilty plea' but not an actual 'guilty' plea. It is not an admission of guilt but concedes that the prosecution has enough evidence to likely get a conviction and a jury trial is waved. That leaves it up to the judge to adjudicate the case and issue a sentence.

The judge does not have to accept the plea that the prosecution is objecting to, and that decision will likely be made later today.

No doubt this is a last ditch effort to prevent embarrassing evidence that could possibly implicate Joe Biden and other family members from coming out in open court. And of course they expect a light sentence probably involving no jail time.

I hope they throw the book at him.

Dodging taxes in un-American and insurrectionist.

Forum List

Back