I just want to say that when I warned people to NOT gloat about the RvW decision that is was designed to hurt the GOP before the midterms...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
...I was probably right.

It provided some wind in the sails of a very unpopular party that was losing on all fronts and allowed them to lie at will before the vote. It gave them an issue to gain, 2, 3, 4%, a big deal in close races.

You can bet the Neo Cons and Dem Establishment both loved this decision before a midterm. You can also bet that the Dem Establishment would NEVER do this to allow GOP to get off of the mat.

What is good for people in positions of power is often very bad for Americas domestic and global interests.

I'm reading European comments and they are shocked there wasn't some backlash to the last two years. The differences between Europe and America are becoming more stark just as Canada has been losing influence in Europe.

Voters cited abortion as a key issue in Pennsylvania’s first election since ‘Roe’ was overturned​

Last edited:
It wasn't about RvW

We lost because of the radical candidates that the left crossed over to support and donate to in the primaries Ultimatly lost in the primaries.

Their strategy paid off. If you deny it you are BLIND

It wasn't about RvW

We lost because of the radical candidates that the left crossed over to support and donate to in the primaries Ultimatly lost in the primaries.

Their strategy paid off. If you deny it you are BLIND

As I said before this election, this was going to be the mantra pushed and I just don't believe it. Not in full. Maybe for a couple of percentage points but compared to inflation, cost of energy, your southern border etc, there is no way I am going to be convinced that GOP voters won't come out because of some "radical" label.

I also believe, as I stated that the Dems could easily improve their turnout by 2, 3, 4 or more % due to the RvW argument. They operate on fear "you can't get an abortion if you vote for OZ!".

This was very predictable. Americans have been struggling for two years but somehow Trump is their problem? He would be a welcome alternative in such an environment.

It's almost as if some are working O.T to make sure that America goes bankrupt, their dollar replaced by another and their workers replaced by illegals. Almost...

What you believe is irrelevant. Look at the candidates who lost. Then look who funded them to get there in the first place.

The obvious is staring you in the face

...I was probably right.

It provided some wind in the sails of a very unpopular party that was losing on all fronts and allowed them to lie at will before the vote. It gave them an issue to gain, 2, 3, 4%, a big deal in close races.

You can bet the Neo Cons and Dem Establishment both loved this decision before a midterm. You can also bet that the Dem Establishment would NEVER do this to allow GOP to get off of the mat.

What is good for people in positions of power is often very bad for Americas domestic and global interests.

I'm reading European comments and they are shocked there wasn't some backlash to the last two years. The differences between Europe and America are becoming more stark just as Canada has been losing influence in Europe.

Voters cited abortion as a key issue in Pennsylvania’s first election since ‘Roe’ was overturned​

Who gloated? The Supreme Court simply put abortion issues back on the states where they belong. Dimmer morons were too stupid to realize abortions were still readily attainable and they could still shirk all self responsibility.

...I was probably right.

You are a complete moron and I seriously doubt you’re Canadian at all. You have no knowledge of life in North America much less Canada.

Europeans are not in any way shocked by anything that happens in the USA. And the whole world wants the Republican Party to return to sanity and away from the authoritarianism.

You are a complete moron and I seriously doubt you’re Canadian at all. You have no knowledge of life in North America much less Canada.

Europeans are not in any way shocked by anything that happens in the USA. And the whole world wants the Republican Party to return to sanity and away from the authoritarianism.

Be quiet, some of us weren't allowed to get on a plane or train, fired from their jobs due to their personal health decisions and we had police patrolling the streets handing out thousands of dollars in fines if we were found walking outside. Canada is in no position to lecture about authoritarianism.

You represent the Creepy Ones so I suppose the above scenario was exciting for you, like a dream finally coming to fruition.

...I was probably right.

I'm sorry but I do not get your main point..

please explain

I'm sorry but I do not get your main point..

please explain

The S.C made an unnecessary ruling on an issue on no ones mind before a Mid Term while a Dem president was in power and his party hitting very low approval number, multiple issues etc.

This helped the Dems motivate their voters who were largely suffering from inertia before this ruling. Without this ruling at the time it came down, the Red Wave was most certainIMO. Instead, they motivated female Dems in particular to vote (see NY and Penn.)

Here's the kicker of it all.

Roe Vs Wade was overturned because the powers understood they could get away with it since the democrats are so bad. They understood they'd have a fighting chance despite R/W to capture the house and possibly the senate too.

Were they right?

Well yeah, the Republicans will capture the house and possibly the senate too.

The S.C made an unnecessary ruling on an issue on no ones mind before a Mid Term while a Dem president was in power and his party hitting very low approval number, multiple issues etc.

This helped the Dems motivate their voters who were largely suffering from inertia before this ruling. Without this ruling at the time it came down, the Red Wave was most certainIMO. Instead, they motivated female Dems in particular to vote (see NY and Penn.)
We won the House and will take the Senate so Republicans have control of Congress now while Poopeypants plays with his strained carrots for 2 years. I see nothing at all disappointing in that.

But… right wingers told us that Roe didn’t matter

WRONG AGAIN

And the left had to do plenty of lying to make their point, saying overturning Roe banned abortion, which is clearly didn't.

I saw ads in NEW YORK of all places, repeating that lie.

And the left had to do plenty of lying to make their point, saying overturning Roe banned abortion, which is clearly didn't.

I saw ads in NEW YORK of all places, repeating that lie.
It certainly DID in many states.

Forum List

Back