I think it is a waste of tax payer's money by Trump and he should stop

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Camp David has the set up for Presidential visits. Trump should go to Camp David for his get aways or pay the full price of going elsewhere. Such as Mar-a-Lago

I believe that the president is allowed to use government property while they are in office. I understand how some people may feel about this because elected officials get a paycheck and the use of government property such as homes, spas, workout facilities, etc, etc. It does seem a little unfair that they get that and more but it is the system we have and it appears that no one is going to change it because the politicians in charge don't want to end their perks. It ain't going to happen anytime soon just like term limits aren't going to either.

I believe that the president is allowed to use government property while they are in office. I understand how some people may feel about this because elected officials get a paycheck and the use of government property such as homes, spas, workout facilities, etc, etc. It does seem a little unfair that they get that and more but it is the system we have and it appears that no one is going to change it because the politicians in charge don't want to end their perks. It ain't going to happen anytime soon just like term limits aren't going to either.

We, the depolorables, complained about Obama's vacations, rightfully so. It is only fair we complain when Trump wastes our money. Unless he is paying.

Camp David has the set up for Presidential visits. Trump should go to Camp David for his get aways or pay the full price of going elsewhere. Such as Mar-a-Lago
How much does it cost for a guy to go to a place he owns?

Don't know, don't know how much it cost the SS to go to a place they don't own. Maybe it is break even, that would be OK with me.

Approximately $3 million per trip, for the costs of running Air Force One, the accompanying C-130 filled with ground transport, and the lodging/meals for Secret Service, which at Mar-a-Lago means income into Trump's pocket. On top of that is the additional cost for Coast Guard patrol of the otherwise unsecured waterfront of the property, plus added costs for added bodies from Palm Beach local law enforcement. Finally, there is lost income at the local airport, which is required to halt departures and arrivals while AFO is on site.

Trump is running a massive scam on American taxpayers. He doesn't give a shit about the cost to them.

Point well made. Thanks for bringing this up.

image.png

Approximately $3 million per trip, for the costs of running Air Force One, the accompanying C-130 filled with ground transport, and the lodging/meals for Secret Service, which at Mar-a-Lago means income into Trump's pocket. On top of that is the additional cost for Coast Guard patrol of the otherwise unsecured waterfront of the property, plus added costs for added bodies from Palm Beach local law enforcement. Finally, there is lost income at the local airport, which is required to halt departures and arrivals while AFO is on site.

Trump is running a massive scam on American taxpayers. He doesn't give a shit about the cost to them.
All things that happen even if he went to Camp David. Same transportation costs, same ramping up of security, same people need fed. Actually you could say it may cost more to bring in chefs and staff that aren't on hand at Camp David all the time but are already on the job in Florida. Flight paths are still cleared for either trip so that's no big deal.

Don't know, don't know how much it cost the SS to go to a place they don't own. Maybe it is break even, that would be OK with me.
Probably is a break even. The SS goes everywhere with him no matter the location.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/02/22/trump-security-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayers/?source=dam

All things that happen even if he went to Camp David. Same transportation costs, same ramping up of security, same people need fed. Actually you could say it may cost more to bring in chefs and staff that aren't on hand at Camp David all the time but are already on the job in Florida. Flight paths are still cleared for either trip so that's no big deal.

Inaccurate, I suggest you do some research & reading. Camp David is a very short distance from the WH, Prez can travel on Marine One and additional security beyond SS and military already in place isn't required.

Try some reading, then get back to me with sources to substantiate your claims. (Hint: you can't. Even the GOP is going to start freaking out if he keeps this up, it's disgraceful.)

I don't like waste either when $20T in debt. But he is working almost always it seems?

He could be giving SS free rooms or arrange local SS? Coast Guard would be doing what if not this? Wash.
He could leave a Car down there long term? They will get it cleaned up. Maybe stay for months? Screw DC and all the slime. It is early on and DC is running a coup in him. Got to go to clean site.

If he starts going on two week binges to India, Hawaii, Aspen, Mexico, China for Golf and Vac let me know. Or Europe GW boondoggles with planeloads of "assistants".

Last edited:
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/02/22/trump-security-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayers/?source=dam

Inaccurate, I suggest you do some research & reading. Camp David is a very short distance from the WH, Prez can travel on Marine One and additional security beyond SS and military already in place isn't required.

Try some reading, then get back to me with sources to substantiate your claims. (Hint: you can't. Even the GOP is going to start freaking out if he keeps this up, it's disgraceful.)
You guys need to go back to the shill academy. Your tactics are tiresome and wearing thin. We laugh at you daily.

So Camp David is fully staffed 24/7 365 for a president who may be there for a couple days every month. I think I found where we can save some money.

Judicial Watch, CONSERVATIVE group, priced Obama family's total travel over 8 years at $96 million.

At current pace, Trump's security costs will be hundreds of millions in just his first year.

So Camp David is fully staffed 24/7 365 for a president who may be there for a couple days every month. I think I found where we can save some money.
That's not exactly correct, and a little reading would educate you. But lies are much easier, aren't they? Or are you too stupid to understand the difference in logistics involved in securing multiple unsecured publicly accessible venues versus a retreat attached to an active military facility?

Morons.

Forum List

Back