I was changing my guitar strings

Indonesian Fender acoustic? Wtf? :uhoh3:

Here I was thinking I was weird for having a Japanese student Ibanez.

You know, I didn't pay much for it, and the action and intonation are good, so whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Oh yeh, It's the Jap version of an Epiphone/Les Paul. :iyfyus.jpg:

It says Epiphone, but it's Ibanez..somehow.

Quality is a good thing, no matter where you find it.

Here's the Fender......https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSBHU7X/?tag=ff0d01-20
And I got a beautiful case with it that's no longer included in the price. The action was a tad high until I tightened the truss-rod a half-turn. Beautiful, rich sound....I'm pretty happy with it.
Nice looking guitar, glad you like it. I've got a 20 year old Ovation that's still in fair shape, but I got the Taylor because the back of the Ovation just doesn't agree with me! ;) Here's the Taylor.

Taylor-214ce-DLX-RW-fr-2017.png

I knew they were backwards, and I just left them. You might want to try some thinner strings, be a lot easier to bend and easier on your fangers!

I snapped a set of the Ernie Ball 9/42 trying to get my action lowered....Never played a note with em before I snapped the first one.... although everybody says they're the hot set-up.

ff47801039e5040ef06ab8a87c4f54ef_380x0.jpg

And I cut the D string too short because I screwed up and mistakenly measured it to the E string peg! Dammit! I don't have anymore strings and I don't want to use the old one. So I thought, what the hell? Look!

View attachment 192066

Mike...your GBE strings are strung backwards....they should be wound to the inside of the pegs. :eusa_doh:

Nice knot though......I got an Indonesian Fender acoustic CD60CE with a Fishman pickup....picked it up on Amazon for $300 with a nice case. Getting back into it after a 30 year layoff....learning lead licks off YouTube videos. I'm using Elixir 12/53s after snapping a set of Ernie Ball slinky junk.
I knew they were backwards, and I just left them. You might want to try some thinner strings, be a lot easier to bend and easier on your fangers!

With strings like that, nobody is bending a thing. My money says they're flatwound and he's a slider player. PS: You better hope that neck is strong.

My friend's granpa has an old Gibson that he plays in that style. He's a helluva dude.
Let's get him to tune it to open E and see if the neck pops! ;)

Indonesian Fender acoustic? Wtf? :uhoh3:

Here I was thinking I was weird for having a Japanese student Ibanez.

You know, I didn't pay much for it, and the action and intonation are good, so whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Oh yeh, It's the Jap version of an Epiphone/Les Paul. :iyfyus.jpg:

It says Epiphone, but it's Ibanez..somehow.

Quality is a good thing, no matter where you find it.

Here's the Fender......https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSBHU7X/?tag=ff0d01-20
And I got a beautiful case with it that's no longer included in the price. The action was a tad high until I tightened the truss-rod a half-turn. Beautiful, rich sound....I'm pretty happy with it.

:eek: is that 24-fret? :eek:

I snapped a set of the Ernie Ball 9/42 trying to get my action lowered....Never played a note with em before I snapped the first one.... although everybody says they're the hot set-up.

I use those on my Ibanez electric, but the Taylor has these in extra light gauge.

upload_2018-5-10_8-15-2.png

Used to use Martin extra light but I like the less squeaky Elixirs.

D'Addario or go fuck your mother.

D'Addario or go fuck your mother.
I used those on my Ovation. Mom didn't like them.

Does my guitar have all the strings on it?

Ofc no. The E string is busted. :(

4 bends and the b and g would be too. I guess I need a string pack..or two.

The Fender still has the 1979 strings, though. Yeah, I'm not into finger pain and don't like playing it.

Such a weird guitar. Strings are all close together, funky hourglass shape. Not sure what's going on there. My cousin plays "Imagine" on it pretty good. He's a liberal. I'd equate him to OL. :eek:

If I did start playing that guitar, the neck would be scalloped within 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Does my guitar have all the strings on it?

Ofc no. The E string is busted. :(

4 bends and the b and g would be too. I guess I need a string pack..or two.

The Fender still has the 1979 strings, though. Yeah, I'm not into finger pain and don't like playing it.
Two things you can do. Extra light strings and tune down a half note. Much easier on the fingers.

Best tuner I have ever had. You can tune the guitar any way you want.

61LzL3HAlnL._SY450_.jpg

About 12 dollars.

Best tuner I have ever had. You can tune the guitar any way you want.

61LzL3HAlnL._SY450_.jpg

About 12 dollars.

Mine doesn't need batteries, I think it's stainless steel.
I had one long ago and it worked well. The one I put up the image off is a great little tuner and makes it really simple to tune to open tunings and such. A lot of tunes I play are in open G tuning and one I used to play a lot was in open D.

Forum List

Back