I watched a populist leader rise in my country. That’s why I’m genuinely worried for America.

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
Worth reading from someone who sees the parallels

Hungary, my country, has in the past half-decade morphed from an exemplary post-Cold War democracy into a populist autocracy. Here are a few eerie parallels that have made it easy for Hungarians to put Donald Trump on their political map: Prime Minister Viktor Orban has depicted migrants as rapists, job-stealers, terrorists and “poison” for the nation, and built a vast fence along Hungary’s southern border. The popularity of his nativist agitation has allowed him to easily debunk as unpatriotic or partisan any resistance to his self-styled “illiberal democracy,”which he said he modeled after “successful states” such asRussia and Turkey.

I watched a populist leader rise in my country. That’s why I’m genuinely worried for America.

Worth reading from someone who sees the parallels

Hungary, my country, has in the past half-decade morphed from an exemplary post-Cold War democracy into a populist autocracy. Here are a few eerie parallels that have made it easy for Hungarians to put Donald Trump on their political map: Prime Minister Viktor Orban has depicted migrants as rapists, job-stealers, terrorists and “poison” for the nation, and built a vast fence along Hungary’s southern border. The popularity of his nativist agitation has allowed him to easily debunk as unpatriotic or partisan any resistance to his self-styled “illiberal democracy,”which he said he modeled after “successful states” such asRussia and Turkey.

Yes...and Obama was elected and he really tried to screw up the country....but now we elected Trump and he stopped the nonsense......we are a free country again...

I see a president elect that has some real promise to get the country heading in the right direction. Heck he is giving China a 'great ambassador' from what have heard. Just thst alone puts a star on the board for him in my book.

Forum List

Back