Zone1 I went to confession last weekend...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
It is my intent to return to the status of practicing Catholic. My first step was to go to Confession.

I'm glad my Church has this sacrament. I understand that in other churches, confession is not secret. A non-Catholic pastor who hears a confession can tell other people, and can even use it against the person who confessed to shame him.

It is my intent to return to the status of practicing Catholic. My first step was to go to Confession.

I'm glad my Church has this sacrament. I understand that in other churches, confession is not secret. A non-Catholic pastor who hears a confession can tell other people, and can even use it against the person who confessed to shame him.
Augustine using it as a category to include not just baptism but also communion, the Nicene creed and the Lord’s prayer. He was also the first arguing that a sacrament is a visible sign of invisible grace, which of course is true for those things but not exclusive to them – Bibles, sermons and a hug can also be visible signs of invisible grace.

700 years later, in the twelfth century, theologian Peter Lombard in Paris decided that there are seven sacraments: baptism, confirmation, communion, penance, anointing the sick, marriage and ordinance. The Catholic church recognized it as its doctrine some 300 years later and, as we saw, condemned Protestants and Orthodoxs who didn’t agree as anathema.

Augustine using it as a category to include not just baptism but also communion, the Nicene creed and the Lord’s prayer. He was also the first arguing that a sacrament is a visible sign of invisible grace, which of course is true for those things but not exclusive to them – Bibles, sermons and a hug can also be visible signs of invisible grace.

700 years later, in the twelfth century, theologian Peter Lombard in Paris decided that there are seven sacraments: baptism, confirmation, communion, penance, anointing the sick, marriage and ordinance. The Catholic church recognized it as its doctrine some 300 years later and, as we saw, condemned Protestants and Orthodoxs who didn’t agree as anathema.
Confession, the most necessary sacrament in my opinion, isn't practiced by any other church.

can you be prosecuted?

I would sit on the steps as Bobby Alonzo would go to confession. He always came out with at least one new name of a girl Father Patrick would ask about.

Forum List

Back