I wish GOP and Dem leaders were like this

John Edgar Slow Horses

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2023
1717611991019.png

When the Titanic sank, it carried millionaire John Jacob Astor IV. The money in his bank account was enough to build 30 Titanics. However, faced with mortal danger, he chose what he deemed morally right and gave up his spot in a lifeboat to save two frightened children.
Millionaire Isidor Straus, co-owner of the largest American chain of department stores, "Macy's," who was also on the Titanic, said:
"I will never enter a lifeboat before other men."
His wife, Ida Straus, also refused to board the lifeboat, giving her spot to her newly appointed maid, Ellen Bird. She decided to spend her last moments of life with her husband.
These wealthy individuals preferred to part with their wealth, and even their lives, rather than compromise their moral principles.
Their choice in favor of moral values highlighted the brilliance of human civilization and human nature.

View attachment 958012

When the Titanic sank, it carried millionaire John Jacob Astor IV. The money in his bank account was enough to build 30 Titanics. However, faced with mortal danger, he chose what he deemed morally right and gave up his spot in a lifeboat to save two frightened children.
Millionaire Isidor Straus, co-owner of the largest American chain of department stores, "Macy's," who was also on the Titanic, said:
His wife, Ida Straus, also refused to board the lifeboat, giving her spot to her newly appointed maid, Ellen Bird. She decided to spend her last moments of life with her husband.
These wealthy individuals preferred to part with their wealth, and even their lives, rather than compromise their moral principles.
Their choice in favor of moral values highlighted the brilliance of human civilization and human nature.
Moral courage and character are indeed in short supply at the top of our political parties, these days.

There is a short two second scene in the movie Titanic when the boat is sinking that shifts to an elderly couple lying on a bed holding onto each other as the water passes underneath them. It's considered one of the most powerful scenes in the movie despite how quick it is. That couple was portraying Isidor and Ida Straus.

If there is a connection between the sinking of an ocean liner in 1912 and today's political arena it escapes me. Maybe old Joe was one of those infants who got a ride in a lifeboat.

If there is a connection between the sinking of an ocean liner in 1912 and today's political arena it escapes me. Maybe old Joe was one of those infants who got a ride in a lifeboat.
Everything is an opportunity for assholes to lie about Trump.

The heroes were corporate heads not politicians. To make a comparison today you would have to imagine a Chinese executive giving up his place in a lifeboat.

The heroes were corporate heads not politicians. To make a comparison today you would have to imagine a Chinese executive giving up his place in a lifeboat.
Back then women and children were seated first.
Most of the rich guys couldn't get on a boat.

Forum List

Back