Debate Now Ignore/Exclude Thread?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Is there a way to start a thread which excludes people on my ignore list? These are people who constantly try to derail serious conversation by misdirection, insults and vulgarity. The limitation of simply putting them on my Ignore list is that they provoke others to reply to their garbage. This, in turn, often requires opening the ignored post in order to make sense of the reply. I do not want to limit general response to my posts, so "invitation only" does not interest me. Is there a procedure for excluding the known trolls?

Is there a way to start a thread which excludes people on my ignore list? These are people who constantly try to derail serious conversation by misdirection, insults and vulgarity. The limitation of simply putting them on my Ignore list is that they provoke others to reply to their garbage. This, in turn, often requires opening the ignored post in order to make sense of the reply. I do not want to limit general response to my posts, so "invitation only" does not interest me. Is there a procedure for excluding the known trolls?
Sure. Start a thread on Microsoft Word and save it only to your computer so no one can see it. Problem solved.

You're welcome.

You can ignore someone and not read their posts

However, you can’t force everyone else to ignore them
You don’t own the thread

either way…….Ignore is for Pussies

Last edited:
You can use the Bullring..a callout thread that you can limit participation to those you call out..but there is nothing you can do to keep others from reading it. If lames post there without invitation the mods will remove them.

You can also structure a conversation in this forum, while you cannot explicitly exclude posters..if they do not play nice and abide by your 'rules' the mods will clean it up--maybe--as it's a lot of work.

Declaring that you're going to ignore someone is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Why is it that so few Americans don't understand that.

It's far better to just ignore who you choose without announcing it and then needing to reply and make an ass of yourselves.

Forum List

Back