Immigration negotiators say they have a deal as Senate eyes votes next week

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021

Immigration negotiators say they have a deal as Senate eyes votes next week​

This looks like the first potential legislation with bipartisan support in what, a decade? I would like to see the promised details.

The deal would take a three-pronged approach to mitigating the chaos at the border. First, it would limit options for people outside the U.S. to pursue asylum. Second, it would raise the standard for people at the border to qualify for asylum. Third, it would speed up processing of claims, cut off avenues for appeal if they are rejected, and end “catch and release” by enforcing government monitoring of migrants throughout the process.

Awesome! I am sure it entices them more than it deters them.
Love that bi partisanship!

I don't believe a word those Democrats say. They've continuously fucked things up for almost four years, it's not like they're going to suddenly change course.

Awesome! I am sure it entices them more than it deters them.
Love that bi partisanship!

"Bipartisan" means the Democrats have found a handful of Republicans who are willing to sell out their own values to protect the Biden regime.

The deal would take a three-pronged approach to mitigating the chaos at the border. First, it would limit options for people outside the U.S. to pursue asylum. Second, it would raise the standard for people at the border to qualify for asylum. Third, it would speed up processing of claims, cut off avenues for appeal if they are rejected, and end “catch and release” by enforcing government monitoring of migrants throughout the process.

This is smoke and mirrors that merely makes it legal to accept 5000 fake asylum seekers a day

After that all others will have to swim the river or cross the desert at night to evade capture over the open border

This is smoke and mirrors that merely makes it legal to accept 5000 fake asylum seekers a day

After that all others will have to swim the river or cross the desert at night to evade capture over the open border
So instead of reconciling with HR2, now you have nothing.

This looks like the first potential legislation with bipartisan support in what, a decade? I would like to see the promised details.

MAGA will kill it. They can't afford to lose illegal immigration.

Thats only a deal between senate swamp rats

The senate needs to negotiate with the American people

Forum List

Back