🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

In english, the holy books of ALL religions are subject to translation problems.

The answer to your question depends on how you define 'God'.

As I said, I believe that The God of Abraham, who demands that we serve Him via Judaism, if you were born lucky, or, if your blood says 'gentile', pick a pathway laid out by Saul or by Mohammad, and, if you pick wrong, you're fucked in the forever here-after just because.

Any experience based in reality that I might have with that particular God would be surprising, at least to me.

Your assessment is incorrect...a non-Jew is required to follow the 7 Noachide Laws which are pretty much practiced by all civilized people.
There is not one reference in any Jewish Scripture or Rabbinical literature that damns a good non-Jew to Hell or Purgatory or any other such nonsense.
Only false religions need damn non-adherents.

Details.

I'm speaking from a more big-picture point of view.

Like I said, if any of the religions, cults or sects that claim to have a pathway to The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qu'ran, are even somewhat based in reality, a pit of everlasting fire awaits many, ass-u-me-ing the stories teaching behavior above words are part of that truth.

So... Assuming that The God who inspired the stories is real, what difference does it make if 'this' or 'that' expression made it through history in a particular story? :dunno:

Ok lets start here...there are many pathways to God and, speaking for myself, I am not convinced that one way is the right way. We all relate to God on many levels; as a community, as individuals, as couples perhaps, but I think that HOW you relate to God is not as important as THAT you relate to God.

I am getting the strong feeling, for example, that Independent is a Jew. I am a Christian. That does not mean he is wrong or the way he relates to God is invalid. It just means we have found different paths to God. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all based off the same concept. Historically Jews and Christians have had some power struggles but I think that day is done...the ruffled feathers have been plucked. I can speak only for myself but I think of Jews as brothers and sisters in God. It's like that sibling you love to argue with but still love...you have the same parents and you can squabble among yourself, but God forbid anyone else fucks with them...you know?

I really wish Islam would mature enough to join the brotherhood that I believe Judaism and Christianity have forged...there are Biblical reasons why it hasn't happened and probably wont, but assuming Independent is a Jew (which I am assuming he is) I would feel safe is asking for his validation....are not Christians and Jews brothers in God despite the different ways we relate to Him? Have Christians and Jews not formed a pact of support and brotherhood? I can see how someone may disagree with that conclusions, but that's how I see it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Muslims could join the Abrahamic brotherhood and quit being dicks and work with us? Sheesh...Isaac and Ismail and dead man...get over it

But you know...it's not the Jews' fault. They are not the extremists blowing shit up and acting the ass. Christians and Jews, I believe, disagree but are family nonetheless. The Muslim extremists...ugh. You know what a Christian extremist does? He pickets. Know what a Jewish extremist does? He judges. Know what a Muslim extremist does? Blows shit up and kills as many people as he can.

Seriously...how are we supposed to let these jack asses into the family? They are like the drunk uncle that no one wants to acknowledge.

Or...........putting it simpler, all paths lead to the top of the mountain. Some come from the north, some the south, some the east, and some the west, but all paths will eventually get you to the top of the mountain. Some are easier than others as well.

Me? I think that God is too big to be contained by just one dogma or belief system, and because of that, if you look at all of the major religions (even Buddhism), there are a lot of similarities, so you look for the similarities rather than the differences, and you'll get a lot farther.

EXACTLY! :clap2:

Anything is possible.

ANY thing. And everything. Pretty cool, eh? :thup:

It's the discussing of the proven through the probable to the impossible and the imagined using language that makes Monkeys Monkeys with a capital M for Sentience.

Thank (insert your preferred Deity here) for language.... Can you imagine being as smart as you are and unable to express yourself to anyone?

And The Word was God. :smoke:

`

Your experiencing God after your body ceases to function has nothing to do with Abraham, it has to do with whether or not you're a person who provides benefit to God's universe.
I presume you do.

As I said, I believe that The God of Abraham, who demands that we serve Him via Judaism, if you were born lucky, or, if your blood says 'gentile', pick a pathway laid out by Saul or by Mohammad, and, if you pick wrong, you're fucked in the forever here-after just because.

Any experience based in reality that I might have with that particular God would be surprising, at least to me.

Your assessment is incorrect...a non-Jew is required to follow the 7 Noachide Laws which are pretty much practiced by all civilized people.
There is not one reference in any Jewish Scripture or Rabbinical literature that damns a good non-Jew to Hell or Purgatory or any other such nonsense.

Details.

Like I said, if any of the religions, cults or sects that claim to have a pathway to The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Qu'ran, are even somewhat based in reality, a pit of everlasting fire awaits many, ass-u-me-ing the stories teaching behavior above words are part of that truth.

So... Assuming that The God who inspired the stories is real, what difference does it make if 'this' or 'that' expression made it through history in a particular story? :dunno:

Ok lets start here...there are many pathways to God and, speaking for myself, I am not convinced that one way is the right way. We all relate to God on many levels; as a community, as individuals, as couples perhaps, but I think that HOW you relate to God is not as important as THAT you relate to God.

I am getting the strong feeling, for example, that Independent is a Jew. I am a Christian. That does not mean he is wrong or the way he relates to God is invalid. It just means we have found different paths to God. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all based off the same concept. Historically Jews and Christians have had some power struggles but I think that day is done...the ruffled feathers have been plucked. I can speak only for myself but I think of Jews as brothers and sisters in God. It's like that sibling you love to argue with but still love...you have the same parents and you can squabble among yourself, but God forbid anyone else fucks with them...you know?

I really wish Islam would mature enough to join the brotherhood that I believe Judaism and Christianity have forged...there are Biblical reasons why it hasn't happened and probably wont, but assuming Independent is a Jew (which I am assuming he is) I would feel safe is asking for his validation....are not Christians and Jews brothers in God despite the different ways we relate to Him? Have Christians and Jews not formed a pact of support and brotherhood? I can see how someone may disagree with that conclusions, but that's how I see it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Muslims could join the Abrahamic brotherhood and quit being dicks and work with us? Sheesh...Isaac and Ismail and dead man...get over it

But you know...it's not the Jews' fault. They are not the extremists blowing shit up and acting the ass. Christians and Jews, I believe, disagree but are family nonetheless. The Muslim extremists...ugh. You know what a Christian extremist does? He pickets. Know what a Jewish extremist does? He judges. Know what a Muslim extremist does? Blows shit up and kills as many people as he can.

Seriously...how are we supposed to let these jack asses into the family? They are like the drunk uncle that no one wants to acknowledge.

Or...........putting it simpler, all paths lead to the top of the mountain. Some come from the north, some the south, some the east, and some the west, but all paths will eventually get you to the top of the mountain. Some are easier than others as well.

Me? I think that God is too big to be contained by just one dogma or belief system, and because of that, if you look at all of the major religions (even Buddhism), there are a lot of similarities, so you look for the similarities rather than the differences, and you'll get a lot farther.

I agree. Nothing more I can add to that. :lol: Simply put...I agree

Your experiencing God after your body ceases to function has nothing to do with Abraham, it has to do with whether or not you're a person who provides benefit to God's universe.
I presume you do.

Details.

I like to use the analogy of the habitrail.
Some religions have more reliable value and truth then others, all have some of the same visions in their own cultural wording, some more then others all at different degrees. So say the prize at the end of the journey is that Shalem (completeness & wholeness) the reward of paradise that comes from being all we could & should be.
Then the best route is the direct tube in the habitrail leading straight to the food box. The more you obey the rules of the approach to the prize(follow the word's directed path) without straying the direction then the straighter more sucessful quicker the path.
But those who disregard the directions from that which already knows (sits there waiting), then the longer more winding the path. The habitrail tubes that guide you all over the place sometimes further from the prize winding back around to eventually getting there.
Some paths (religions) get you lost and back where you started and others are like the hamster wheel going round n round thinking you are going places when you haven't even left the starting gate. Most paths somewhat get you there but there can only be one that gets you there quickest and best. Then there is always that one hamster who is always in their own private corner with the built up pile of wood chips sitting in their own urine, oblivious to what the world smells like outside their own fortress and feces they built for themselves.

Forum List

Back