In the name of equality, should the fastest swimmers and runners at the olympics slow down to allow the slower participants to catch up?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Pardon the sarcasm, but I used to use the example throughout my life that "one should run as fast they can (I was a fast kid, even on the relay team in public school) in life. No one should tell the sprinter to not break the 10 second 100 metre if they can because it isn't right to humiliate their competitors".

Is this a fair analogy about any system that restricts a child or employees ability to contribute to their maximum?

Now, I personally believe in being a good sport, especially in non-professional environments. So, when I hear a High School sports team racking up the score instead of putting in their subs and telling them to kill the clock a bit, I think it's in bad taste, especially if the school is faith based and should set an example.

Otherwise, in life, if you hold a child back from them reaching their potential, you are vile.

Pardon the sarcasm, but I used to use the example throughout my life that "one should run as fast they can (I was a fast kid, even on the relay team in public school) in life. No one should tell the sprinter to not break the 10 second 100 metre if they can because it isn't right to humiliate their competitors".

Is this a fair analogy about any system that restricts a child or employees ability to contribute to their maximum?

Now, I personally believe in being a good sport, especially in non-professional environments. So, when I hear a High School sports team racking up the score instead of putting in their subs and telling them to kill the clock a bit, I think it's in bad taste, especially if the school is faith based and should set an example.

Otherwise, in life, if you hold a child back from them reaching their potential, you are vile.
EQUALITY is allowing anyone who qualifies to compete.

EQUITY is having the faster swimmers, runners, whatever, slow down so the inferior competitors can end up with the same time.

Forum List

Back