Iran Going for an EMP Weapon to Attack Our Electrical Grid

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I said that they would do this years ago, and recently the libtards scoffed about it, like the idiots that they are.

There is no reason that an EMP device, once the tech is established by Iran or anyone else, cannot be smuggled into the USA or even assembled here and the whole electrical grid destroyed. One can simply fly said device up to suitable altitudes in a jet aircraft, one doesnt have to launch them in a rocket.

http://circanews.com/irans-next-target-could-be-our-electrical-grid/

According to Franks, an electromagnetic pulse attack happens when a small nuclear warhead detonates hundreds of miles over the U.S. sending out an electromagnetic wave that can instantly take out the country’s power grid without mass casualties.

Franks told Circa that “Passive Defense,” “outlined that the best way to deal with countries like America, a country that was much stronger than them, was an asymmetric strategy of attacking our electric grid.”

Franks said that one strategic strike could create blackouts nationwide. And the consequences of this could be a field day for hackers, cripple our military defense system, and that’s not even mentioning what life would be like for normal Americans if they had no power.

The risk of an EMP attack has been around since the Cold War but according to Franks, “we’re a thousand times more vulnerable than we were even 50 years ago.

Hundreds of miles over the US in a jet aircraft?

Say hello to the dust bunnies for me.

are not other countries,including the ones who want to do this to us,just as vulnerable?...

Technically speaking, the jet would be effected by the EMP too, which means it would drop from the sky the moment it went off. There are probably better ways to deliver it.

The only thing I can think of that would be plausible is a high altitude nuclear bomb explosion. I'm sure the US is working on EMP munitions but they will probably never be more than short range weapons.

We could sell them nuclear reactors and pony up some funding to help them make the purchase. Like we did with N Korea.

Technically speaking, the jet would be effected by the EMP too, which means it would drop from the sky the moment it went off. There are probably better ways to deliver it.
We are talking about people infamous for suicide attacks, dude.

The only thing I can think of that would be plausible is a high altitude nuclear bomb explosion. I'm sure the US is working on EMP munitions but they will probably never be more than short range weapons.
There are different ways of structuring a nuke to maximize its EMP effect. There are also rumors of using very large super-capacitors to do the equivalent effect.

How to build a small EMP device. How to Build an EMP Generator

How a serious nonnuclear EMP device can and possibly has been built. How E-Bombs Work

Forum List

Back