IRS Commissioner Koskinen Hearing

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
IRS Commissioner Koskinen just stated he would not support a special prosecutor for the Lerner targeting issue, and the loss of emails.

He also felt the Whitehouse should be notified of the lost emails before the Committee, and it turns out Treasury even knew before the Committee did, both a few months ago.

Levin has no desire to question, just make long, slow statements. Same from others on the left so far. Calling everything that happened a myth. Dog and pony show. Levin has gotten too old to serve. Dems all are apologizing that it is an inquisition rather than a hearing, and basically not seeming to want to really question him, themselves. Dems keep bringing up we want hearings later on this or that, rather than the subject at hand. One was for how great Koskinen has done with offshore accounts, another about how much these groups spend. I have not heard but one Dem ask Koskinen one question pertaining to the subject yet, other than to reiterate the excuses he has supplied before.
Multiple Dems screaming about how more money is needed.
The one Dem did state that both sides of the aisle behind closed doors are upset about this.
Pissed at Reps that have made statements, then run out of time and Koskinen doesn't have time respond, though really no question asked. Just makes them look bad, when not needed.

Larson (I believe it was him) worried about where the hard drives are. Stated a few years ago discarded intelligence hard drives were found in a landfill in a foreign country, Taiwan, maybe?

Koskinen- no email backups, and server overwritten, yet how have they produced the emails they have?
Then caught in a direct lie by one of the Congressman. Said he never held back info to them when he had even spoke with Treasury back in April about need to inform the Committee at that time and yet in May he told the Committee he would have all her emails for them wih no mention of the missing time period, nor any mention of others that were missing. Committee found out about the others by going to IT on Monday. Koskinen claims he didn't know about them until Monday himself. And now he changes his story. He did know in Feb.

This is bad, now Koskinen appears to be claiming Whitehouse and Treasury were informed of crash by IRS before he was. He said he knew there was a problem, but not what it was. He just clarified again and said he did know in Feb., saying I have been consistent except that one point I am told. So who and how is he being prompted?

Last edited:
In all the crashes no tax payer info is missing. ..

Many of the Dems are trying to compare this to conspiracy theories, truthers, et al. Personally, I think those in the middle are going to find this repulsive.

Also, Koskinen said, after questioning about a Reps constituent that has been audited 4 times in the last 10 years, the last one still ongoing after 18 months, has lost a $10 cab receipt, and nothing else, would the IRs give him some grace in that, as they are giving him trouble over it, particularly nit showing a history of last e audits not showing any major discrepancies? He said he is not an examiner and basically it would depend.

Oh, and this last audit is for training other IRS examiner's.

Last edited:
Hearing adjourned after 3 more questions. Nothing new.

Forum List

Back