Is There Any Empathy Left In The Gaza Conflict? by

@Lipush as you do not believe all the tunnels have been destroyed ( the raison d'etre of the incursion) was it worth the deaths of all of those children?
From an Israeli perspective, if the deaths of 100 Gazan children prevent the death of 1 Israeli child, then, yes, it was worth it, and then some.

The destruction of 30+ tunnels means that there are 30+ fewer threat-vectors that the Israelis in those border regions have to worry about.

The prevention of the death of any child is always a worthwhile endeavor.

The Israelis teach their children to live.

The Gazans teach their children to die.

And even help them to die, in time of war...

D-Shied-590-LI.jpg

Want the dying to stop?

Stop firing rockets into Israel.

Stop digging tunnels from which to launch terror-sorties into Israeli border regions.

Stop embedding war-assets amongst your civilians.

Simple.
@ Kondor,are you an Israeli or even a Jew?

How is that relevant? I've notice he's not the only person you've asked

From an Israeli perspective, if the deaths of 100 Gazan children prevent the death of 1 Israeli child, then, yes, it was worth it, and then some.

The destruction of 30+ tunnels means that there are 30+ fewer threat-vectors that the Israelis in those border regions have to worry about.

D-Shied-590-LI.jpg

Want the dying to stop?

Stop digging tunnels from which to launch terror-sorties into Israeli border regions.

Simple.

did you ask the same question of the people who said I was not a Jew?

D-Shied-590-LI.jpg

Want the dying to stop?

Simple.

Hamas fire rockets from civilian area. Where are the cries to try them for war crimes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, let's not conflate the Syrian/Jordanian/Lebanese and Egypt Palestinian issues with the Hamas/Gaza Palestinian issue.

For then we would have to look at the Muslim (Arab) on Muslim (Shia) acts which cause like so much more death and which isn't even looked at as a good part of the Palestinian/Hamas Gaza issue.

Which is Palestinians from Gaza transporting the terror they have learned from Hamas/Iran to ISIS, etc.

Things like this lessen my empathy for the Palestinian/Gaza cause.

So much has been lost in just one generation it would seem. Can it be mended? It's not just one side to blame, but a string of bad policies. The entire article is worth reading.

Is There Any Empathy Left In The Gaza Conflict? : NPR

I think the war needs to end already. Here in America, they don't show the funerals of Israeli soldiers, but my relatives say that it's shown all the time there, and the whole nation is crying. I, for one, am heartsick at seeing Gazan children, injured and crying. All of the tunnels have been destroyed. Unless Israel's objective is to take out Hamas completely, then this war has to end.

I agree..yet....something has to be done about Hamas, that doesn't involve punishing the Gazans as a whole - Hamas is no good to Gaza, but the war just makes them hate Israel more and Hamas uses that to their advantage.

The policies of seperation need to be looked at, as well as what kids are taught in schools about the other side. :dunno:

:dunno:

besides hamass,
let's 'look at' some other GAZAN people (and there's a whooooole gaggle of 'em):

"The policies of seperation need to be looked at"

Best thing to do about Hamas is to make them irrelevant by giving Palestinian people the rights, the land and the dignity that they deserve.

"Best thing to do about Hamas is to make them irrelevant....."

give: "Palestinian people the rights, the land and the dignity that they deserve..."

but that leaves like...5 of them.....

Forum List

Back