ISM manufaturing misses expectation in july Jobless claims up, highest in a year

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
2nd month in a row
and
21 out of the last 24 months
Storm clouds are gathering for recession

As jobless claims hit highest level in a year, labor market remains healthy​

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits jumped to its highest level in a year last week

2nd month in a row
and

The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits jumped to its highest level in a year last week

And this is Biden's fault?

2nd month in a row
and

Despite the slump, broader economic indicators suggest some stability: the Federal Reserve noted a bounce back in factory production in Q2 2024, and the Commerce Department highlighted increased goods spending, boosted by motor vehicle sales. However, manufacturers are still facing higher input costs and slower supplier deliveries, reflecting ongoing challenges in the sector.

Additionally, rising freight rates contributing to higher input costs and slower supplier deliveries add further strain. How this sector adapts – managing costs while addressing employment challenges – will be crucial for its future trajectory, influencing broader economic strategies and policies.

2nd month in a row
and

It is almost like those high interest rates are doing what they were intended to do

The interest rates are making the price of gasoline higher?

according to AAA they are down from a month ago.

you must be getting ripped off again. I paid less than 3 bucks a gallon yesterday.

according to AAA they are down from a month ago.

you must be getting ripped off again. I paid less than 3 bucks a gallon yesterday.
It continues to be weird in my AO.....It's been jumping between $3.23 and $3.59 for months now.

One day it went up .20 cents a gallon and was back down by .23 cents a couple of days later.

I'm hearing that the corporate stations are going to real-time pricing so maybe that's what it is. :dunno:

Forum List

Back