Israel Gaza and civilian deaths

blackhawk

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2012
Deep in the heart of Texas.
There has been a lot of talk about Israel Hamas and civilian deaths and it got me wondering where did this idea that you can fight a war without civilian deaths come from? I can not recall a time that innocent civilians did not die in war so what makes this one different? How do you avoid killing innocent civilians when the enemy your fighting hides their weapons amongst innocent civilians? There has been a great deal of press coverage the deaths in Gaza but very little over the missile attacks on Israel the reason in part for this is because Iron Dome takes out most of the Hamas missiles but that does not change the fact the intent of the strikes is to target and kill innocent civilians in Israel doesn't that deserve at least as much attention as what is happening inside Gaza?

You can't, but the disproportionate amount of death on the Philistines is a major detriment to Israel as it presents itself on the world stage.

They brag endlessly about how they "warn people" but then they send in flechette rounds, and other artillery indiscriminately.

They're losing the PR war, and badly.

You can't, but the disproportionate amount of death on the Philistines is a major detriment to Israel as it presents itself on the world stage.

They brag endlessly about how they "warn people" but then they send in flechette rounds, and other artillery indiscriminately.

Correct you can't but innocent civilians have been killed from WW2 on up Germany and Japan did it when they had the advantage we did it when we did it happened in Korea and Nam why should Israel be condemned for having a military advantage and using it? I can recall no time in history when one nation fighting a war said we superior weapons but using them would be unfair and were going to level the playing field with our enemy.

There has been a lot of talk about Israel Hamas and civilian deaths and it got me wondering where did this idea that you can fight a war without civilian deaths come from? I can not recall a time that innocent civilians did not die in war so what makes this one different? How do you avoid killing innocent civilians when the enemy your fighting hides their weapons amongst innocent civilians? There has been a great deal of press coverage the deaths in Gaza but very little over the missile attacks on Israel the reason in part for this is because Iron Dome takes out most of the Hamas missiles but that does not change the fact the intent of the strikes is to target and kill innocent civilians in Israel doesn't that deserve at least as much attention as what is happening inside Gaza?

Rockets from Gaza fired at Tel Aviv airport - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms | Reuters

Israeli military says rockets fired from Gaza as Hamas rejects truce - CBS News

Militants resume firing rockets into Israel from Gaza

Rockets from Gaza follow Israeli air strikes - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Rocket from Gaza lands near Israel?s main airport - World - The Boston Globe

Hamas' rocket attacks provoked Israel's ground offensive into Gaza Strip

There is no such thing as disproportionate number of casualties in warfare as both sides go all out to inflict the maximum number casualties. Israel is a unique exception to this rule and the unfortunate casualties in Gaza are self inflicted by Hamas actions

They started the war in the first place by their constant firing of missiles over many years into Israel, then when the war unavoidably commenced they have pursued the strategy of allowing civilian casualties to mount as a public relations exercise.

The media loves headlines about women and children being killed but because of their bias they conveniently omit to state that these casualties are directly or indirectly the fault of Hamas itself.

Why do you think Hamas is called a terrorirst organization?

Wake up world !!!

Correct you can't but innocent civilians have been killed from WW2 on up Germany and Japan did it when they had the advantage we did it when we did it happened in Korea and Nam why should Israel be condemned for having a military advantage and using it? I can recall no time in history when one nation fighting a war said we superior weapons but using them would be unfair and were going to level the playing field with our enemy.

Sweet Jesus, spoken like a true rightwing war-bot. Dubya and Cheney learned ya' well, didn't they, son?

Look up the word "benevolent" and then fuck off.

There is no such thing as disproportionate number of casualties in warfare as both sides go all out to inflict the maximum number casualties. Israel is a unique exception to this rule and the unfortunate casualties in Gaza are self inflicted by Hamas actions

They started the war in the first place by their constant firing of missiles over many years into Israel, then when the war unavoidably commenced they have pursued the strategy of allowing civilian casualties to mount as a public relations exercise.

The media loves headlines about women and children being killed but because of their bias they conveniently omit to state that these casualties are directly or indirectly the fault of Hamas itself.

Wake up world !!!

Next time you're cornered and cut off with nothing but bullets on one side and the ocean on the other, dial back in and let us know how it's working out for you.

American keyboard warriors would be amusing if you weren't so fucking stupid.

Sweet Jesus, spoken like a true rightwing war-bot. Dubya and Cheney learned ya' well, didn't they, son?

Look up the word "benevolent" and then fuck off.

Go fuck yourself you stupid shit for brains asshole this topic does mot have a god dam thing to do with Bush Cheney right wing or left wing how about you go read some military history so you can see for yourself just what an idiotic response that was.

Wake up world !!!

Next time you're cornered and cut off with nothing but bullets on one side and the ocean on the other, dial back in and let us know how it's working out for you.

American keyboard warriors would be amusing if you weren't so fucking stupid.

You are one of the fools who have been duped by Hamas!

You talk about keyboard warriors ...well that is exactly how your revered Hamas leader,who incidentally is a billionaire many times over from donor funds he illegally stole, conducts his cowarly war. He is luxuriating in a 6 star Hotel in Qatar, too frightened to show his face at the scene of the fighting, in case it was blown off!

He is playing remote war games while his stupid misguided followers like yourself no doubt can't see through the hypocrisy and allow themselves to be willingly killed as part ofthe great Hamas strategy!

First off, this is not a war. It's shooting fish in a barrel. Secondly, Israel is deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure. And third, Israel started this whole BS, so no, they shouldn't get more coverage. They get too much coverage as it is.

First off, this is not a war. It's shooting fish in a barrel. Secondly, Israel is deliberately targeting civilian infrastructure. And third, Israel started this whole BS, so no, they shouldn't get more coverage. They get too much coverage as it is.
Yes, Israel is deliberately targeting all the places that the cowardly terrorist scum hide rocket batteries, schools, mosques, hospitals, behind women's skirts and children's playgrounds.

Yes, Israel is deliberately targeting all the places that the cowardly terrorist scum hide rocket batteries, schools, mosques, hospitals, behind women's skirts and children's playgrounds.
The trouble is, that is true in only one instance, in that vacant UN school.

All other claims about that are bullshit.

And that doesn't change the fact that Israel started the shooting.

"Welcome to USMB!"

That.

So Hamas is wining the propaganda war. What else is new? When you have complete morons out there like noteapartyplease what do you expect? The good thing is people in the U.S. Have seemed to stop buying Palestinian bullshit. That's why Obama can't really be critical of Israel right now, which I'm sure is killing him.

The trouble is, that is true in only one instance, in that vacant UN school.

All other claims about that are bullshit.

And that doesn't change the fact that Israel started the shooting.

"Welcome to USMB!"

Israel started the shooting?? You're one stupid, obsessed, fucking anti-Semite. None of this would be happening if Israel wasn't attacked by rockets. That is not an opinion, it's a fact. And yes Hamas is hiding amongst civilians. I know you want to believe big bad Israel is targeting civilians so bad it hurts, but the truth is, you rotten little fucking prick, none of that's reality, asshole.

How one can blame Israel for all of this I cannot understand, but I can only chalk it up to antisemitism.

One more bit of evidence that leftwingers today have replaced the Nazis of 1945.

Last edited:
Israel started the shooting?? You're one stupid, obsessed, fucking anti-Semite. None of this would be happening if Israel wasn't attacked by rockets. That is not an opinion, it's a fact. And yes Hamas is hiding amongst civilians. I know you want to believe big bad Israel is targeting civilians so bad it hurts, but the truth is, you rotten little fucking prick, none of that's reality, asshole.
Israel started the shooting on July 4th with a missile attack on Gaza. And they lied just to do that! Netanfuckyou accused Hamas of kidnapping the 3 teens, but has never showed any evidence to justify that claim.

Truce or no truce, Israeli missile attacks never stop. By March alone, IDF missile strikes had killed 118 Palestinian's. This is by "March" of this year! So don't tell me those rocket attacks came first, you little Israeli kiss-ass!

BTW, just because someone is a member of Hamas, doesn't mean you can target them.

Israel started the shooting on July 4th with a missile attack on Gaza. And they lied just to do that! Netanfuckyou accused Hamas of kidnapping the 3 teens, but has never showed any evidence to justify that claim.

Truce or no truce, Israeli missile attacks never stop. By March alone, IDF missile strikes had killed 118 Palestinian's. This is by "March" of this year! So don't tell me those rocket attacks came first, you little Israeli kiss-ass!

BTW, just because someone is a member of Hamas, doesn't mean you can target them.

There's nothing to say to you because you deny fact. Yes you're that much of an anti-Semite. I hope it eats you alive every day that Israel will not only survive, but continue to prosper for generations to come, and there's nothing your obsessed, stupid, terrorist loving ass can do about it.

Fuck you, prick.

i think it is a pity that civilians in gaza are dying because they elected a terrorist government that uses them as human shields.

beyond that, israel has every right to rid gaza of munitions and tunnels used for terrorist activity.

gaza decides its own fate. and i saw its leader interviewed by charlie rose and he said hamas would never recognize israel... to that i say... they don't need to "recognize" anything. reality exists separate and apart from terrorist "recognition", but it does explain why there isn't peace.

Forum List

Back