Israel Occupation Police breaking the law with children

Judge rules police broke law in arresting Arab minors during protests
Police have been interrogating minors at night and without their parents present; the court has also received complaints of police violence.

The police broke the law in the arrest and detention of minors in the recent violence in the north in the Arab sector, according to a judge handling the cases. The actions of the police seem to mirror a trend shown by a recent state comptroller’s report on the arrests and processing of suspected youthful offenders.

Most of the cases – in the dozens – in which the police decided to prosecute minors were brought before Nazareth Youth Magistrate’s Court Judge Ilanit Imber to be remanded, rather than to be released by the officer in charge at the police station as the law allows under certain circumstances.

On the afternoon of November 10, Imber was already hearing her 10th case that day – a 14-year-old boy from an Arab village in the north suspected of participation in rioting. Her ruling in the case showed that she had decided to tackle the issue of the police conduct toward not only that teen, but other cases that had come before her during the recent period of unrest.

“This is a 14-year-old without a criminal record who cooperated with investigators and despite Clause 9 of the Youth Law, his parents were not brought in to sit with him during interrogation as the law requires,” the judge said. Imber added other instances in which the police broke the law in this case, noting that the teen was brought in at night without the presence of a parent and no reason was given for the parents not to be with the teen during questioning. “This is the 10th suspect brought before me in this affair and I see that the conduct of the petitioner [the police] with regard to Clause 9 has become systematic with regard to the abrogation of the right of minors to have their parents present.”

Imber also related to complaints by the young suspects of violence against them by police during their arrest or at the police station. She noted that the police had taken the boy to receive medical care without his parents and without reporting the fact to anyone – also in breach of the law.

“In this case I noticed that the minor had been injured in the hand and had been taken for treatment without the knowledge of the parents and with no relative present during the examination. More seriously, the file contains no mention of this nor a medical certificate that shows that the minor was taken for an examination and the court learned of this from the suspect’s attorney,” Inber ruled.

The Youth Law applies to minors from the age of 12 to 18. Among its provisions, it states that a minor up to the age of 14 can be questioned only until 8 P.M. and over the age of 14 until 10 P.M.

One of the law’s most important clauses is that minors should be arrested and held only as a last resort.

The judge noted that at the time of his arrest, the offenses against the youth were not clearly defined “but rather described in a manner not conforming to the Penal Code.” Inber also said in the case of another minor suspected of illegal assembly in one of the disturbances in the north that the parents had not been informed that he was to be questioned. “This minor has no criminal record and although I believe that the evidence substantiates the suspicions and reason for an arrest, I believe that his case should be differentiated from that of other suspects because his part in the events differed from the rest, and noting the failures in the investigation, I have found it proper to significantly restrict the number of days in custody,” the judge ruled.
Judge rules police broke law in arresting Arab minors during protests - National Israel News Haaretz

This is unsurprising as Israeli forces routinely flout laws: Israeli, International, and The Laws of God, if you believe in such things.

That Israeli forces beat children when they are under their care seems to be a routine matter as well.

The Palestinians want the Jews DEAD and Israel destroyed.

That invalidates any moral appeals from their supporters.

Unless you support killing the Jews and destroying Israel.

So you support abusing children if they are of the wrong brand?

Nice.

Nice.

golda2.jpg

Why should I care more than they care?

Police have been interrogating minors at night and without their parents present; the court has also received complaints of police violence.

The police broke the law in the arrest and detention of minors in the recent violence in the north in the Arab sector, according to a judge handling the cases. The actions of the police seem to mirror a trend shown by a recent state comptroller’s report on the arrests and processing of suspected youthful offenders.

Most of the cases – in the dozens – in which the police decided to prosecute minors were brought before Nazareth Youth Magistrate’s Court Judge Ilanit Imber to be remanded, rather than to be released by the officer in charge at the police station as the law allows under certain circumstances.

On the afternoon of November 10, Imber was already hearing her 10th case that day – a 14-year-old boy from an Arab village in the north suspected of participation in rioting. Her ruling in the case showed that she had decided to tackle the issue of the police conduct toward not only that teen, but other cases that had come before her during the recent period of unrest.

“This is a 14-year-old without a criminal record who cooperated with investigators and despite Clause 9 of the Youth Law, his parents were not brought in to sit with him during interrogation as the law requires,” the judge said. Imber added other instances in which the police broke the law in this case, noting that the teen was brought in at night without the presence of a parent and no reason was given for the parents not to be with the teen during questioning. “This is the 10th suspect brought before me in this affair and I see that the conduct of the petitioner [the police] with regard to Clause 9 has become systematic with regard to the abrogation of the right of minors to have their parents present.”

Imber also related to complaints by the young suspects of violence against them by police during their arrest or at the police station. She noted that the police had taken the boy to receive medical care without his parents and without reporting the fact to anyone – also in breach of the law.

“In this case I noticed that the minor had been injured in the hand and had been taken for treatment without the knowledge of the parents and with no relative present during the examination. More seriously, the file contains no mention of this nor a medical certificate that shows that the minor was taken for an examination and the court learned of this from the suspect’s attorney,” Inber ruled.

The Youth Law applies to minors from the age of 12 to 18. Among its provisions, it states that a minor up to the age of 14 can be questioned only until 8 P.M. and over the age of 14 until 10 P.M.

One of the law’s most important clauses is that minors should be arrested and held only as a last resort.

The judge noted that at the time of his arrest, the offenses against the youth were not clearly defined “but rather described in a manner not conforming to the Penal Code.” Inber also said in the case of another minor suspected of illegal assembly in one of the disturbances in the north that the parents had not been informed that he was to be questioned. “This minor has no criminal record and although I believe that the evidence substantiates the suspicions and reason for an arrest, I believe that his case should be differentiated from that of other suspects because his part in the events differed from the rest, and noting the failures in the investigation, I have found it proper to significantly restrict the number of days in custody,” the judge ruled.

Judge rules police broke law in arresting Arab minors during protests - National Israel News Haaretz

This is unsurprising as Israeli forces routinely flout laws: Israeli, International, and The Laws of God, if you believe in such things.

That Israeli forces beat children when they are under their care seems to be a routine matter as well.
Not only do they beat them, but the Israeli's torture children as well.

I see all the Israeli scumbags in this thread, more than welcome violence against children.

Let's just tell it like it is ...

Palestinians, ISIS, and Al Qaeda are cowards. They hide behind the skirts of their women, and the dead bodies of their children.

One side wants the other side DEAD.

THEY DESERVE NOTHING UNTIL THEY SEE FIT TO HELP THEMSELVES.

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY NEED TO DO.

THEY KNOW HOW TO DO IT.
THEY SIMPLY REFUSE TO DO IT.

MAYBE MORE BRUTALITY WILL MAKE THEM RECONSIDER THEIR REASON FOR REFUSING TO LIVE IN PEACE WITH THE ISRAELIS.

Their choice.

I see all the Israeli scumbags in this thread, more than welcome violence against children.

No, the choice is for the Muslims to make.
Rocket barrages and terror-commando tunnels and suicide attacks on synagogues all have consequences.

Tragically compounded by the pussies of Hamas hiding behind the skirts of their women and children.

Nice.

Nice.

golda2.jpg

Because it's a lie that they don't care.

How many children have actually had bombs strapped on them?
REALLY????!!!

According to the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers "2004 Global Report on the Use of Child Soldiers", there were at least nine documented suicide attacks involving Palestinian minors between October 2000 and March 2004[4] p. 292.

According to the Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group, in the al-Aqsa Intifada, children were used as "messengers and couriers, and in some cases as fighters and suicide bombers in attacks on Israeli soldiers and civilians"

According to the Israel Defense Forces, 29 suicide attacks were carried out by youth under the age of 18 in 2000–2003. From May 2001, 22 shootings attacks and attacks using explosive devices were carried out by youth under the age of 18, and more than 40 youths under the age of 18 were involved in attempted suicide bombings that were thwarted (three in 2004).

Link: Child suicide bombers in the Israeli Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

How many children have actually had bombs strapped on them?
REALLY????!!!

According to the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers "2004 Global Report on the Use of Child Soldiers", there were at least nine documented suicide attacks involving Palestinian minors between October 2000 and March 2004[4] p. 292.

According to the Palestinian Human Rights Monitoring Group, in the al-Aqsa Intifada, children were used as "messengers and couriers, and in some cases as fighters and suicide bombers in attacks on Israeli soldiers and civilians"

According to the Israel Defense Forces, 29 suicide attacks were carried out by youth under the age of 18 in 2000–2003. From May 2001, 22 shootings attacks and attacks using explosive devices were carried out by youth under the age of 18, and more than 40 youths under the age of 18 were involved in attempted suicide bombings that were thwarted (three in 2004).

Link: Child suicide bombers in the Israeli Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes, REALLY. I wanted to know how many because many times something is repeated often enough it takes a life of it's own. Rather than being uncommon - it gets presented as the norm, not the exception and as "evidence" that Palestinian parents don't love their children, which is b.s.

From your link:

According to the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers "2004 Global Report on the Use of Child Soldiers", there were at least nine documented suicide attacks involving Palestinian minors between October 2000 and March 2004[4] p. 292. In 2004, the Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers reported that "there was no evidence of systematic recruitment of children by Palestinian armed groups," also noting that this remains a small fraction of the problem in other conflict zones such as Africa, where there are an estimated 20,000 children involved in active combat roles in the Sudan alone.[4][page needed] Human Rights Watch also reported that "there was no evidence that the Palestinian Authority (PA) recruited or used child soldiers."[5]

In all honesty, that portion of my link contradicts itself, don't you think? And in actuality you asked how many children have actually had bombs strapped on them.

I answered. You did not ask how many were indoctrinated. Now you are becoming a master deflector.

After what happened at the synagogue yesterday, I have lost all patience and sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

In all honesty, that portion of my link contradicts itself, don't you think? And in actuality you asked how many children have actually had bombs strapped on them.

I answered. You did not ask how many were indoctrinated. Now you are becoming a master deflector.

After what happened at the synagogue yesterday, I have lost all patience and sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

The entire bit contradicts itself. But the truth is - children, going by the numbers are not routinely strapped with bombs (I wasn't talking about indoctrination at all - that's another topic). But when people try to claim that Palestinians don't love their children and use strapping bombs on them as a reason - is that a deflection? Or pointing out a dishonest claim?

Coyote, I got in the middle of your debate with someone else. All I know is that I came in where you asked
"How many children have actually had bombs strapped on them?"

I answered with a few numbers and quotes and a link to my source.

Your reply quoted further my linked source and you then emphasized the part about indoctrination. To which I then accuse you of deflecting.

Now you say you weren't talking about indoctrination (huh??) and that it's another topic and ask me another question
"when people try to claim that Palestinians don't love their children and use strapping bombs on them as a reason"
I call deflection again as that is not the part of the debate I came in with you on.

Pretty simple to me however, like I said, I am coming in the middle and taking a different course based upon where I came in.

Coyote, I got in the middle of your debate with someone else. All I know is that I came in where you asked
"How many children have actually had bombs strapped on them?"

I answered with a few numbers and quotes and a link to my source.

Your reply quoted further my linked source and you then emphasized the part about indoctrination. To which I then accuse you of deflecting.

Now you say you weren't talking about indoctrination (huh??) and that it's another topic and ask me another question
"when people try to claim that Palestinians don't love their children and use strapping bombs on them as a reason"
I call deflection again as that is not the part of the debate I came in with you on.

Pretty simple to me however, like I said, I am coming in the middle and taking a different course based upon where I came in.

ok :)

Nice.

Nice.

golda2.jpg

Because it's a lie that they don't care.

Can't prove it by the results we see.

Cuz any fool knows how NOT to kill Jews except Palestinians and Muslims.

So either they are stupid fools or they hate their children.

Or both.

What do you think?

I think that the Israeli Jews have millions of people under their oppression so desperate, that anything can happen. What do you expect?

Forum List

Back