Israel saves lives of two pregnant women from gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudveteran06

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2012
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/wap/Item.aspx?type=0&item=177601

FuIsrael accepts medical patients from Gaza for treatment on a regular basis, often as many as 70 patients per day.

But even the most seasoned Israeli doctors were surprised earlier this month when two separate, rare high-risk pregnancy cases were admitted to the same hospital, just days apart.

H., 35, was the first to arrive. The Gaza native was nine months pregnant and suffering from a rare blood clotting disorder which could endanger her life if she gave birth to her twins naturally. Within a short time of her admission to Rambam Medical Center in Haifa, a medical team managed to deliver her healthy son and daughter - weighing 2.3 kilograms (5 lbs) each - by caesarean section. H. remained in intensive care for six days, but her situation could have been fatal.

Within 48 hours of the surgery, H. regained consciousness and asked to see her infants. Because she was not able to walk yet, the staff photographed her children every day and brought the photos to her until she recovered.

"I still remember, when they took me from Gaza into Israel, the doctors said my condition was very severe," H. recalled. "For the first two days, before I woke up and made ​​contact with my family, they thought I had never survived. They were sure I was dead."
Future suicide bombers.

Last edited:
Thread closed: Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back