🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Issa Refuses To Release ‘Evidence’ That Obama Conspired With IRS To Target Tea Party

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) is refusing to release transcripts of interviews with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents that allegedly prove how political officials in the Obama administration directed the IRS to target conservative groups applying for 501 (c)(4) status.

The California congressman, whose committee is conducting an investigation into the agency’s behavior, provided CNN excerpts of interviews with IRS agents on June 2 and assured host Candy Crowley that “the whole transcript will be put out.” The portion purported to show an IRS official conceding that “directions” for to treat Tea Party groups “emanated from Washington,” though Issa himself conceded that that excerpt was not definitive.

But in a letter to the top Democrat on the Committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), Issa appeared to back away from his pledge, arguing that releasing the transcripts would “needlessly jeopardize the integrity of the investigation and hamper the Committee’s ability to get to the truth.” Experts, he contested, are useful and “serve to provide important updates to the public” and “empower other witnesses to become whistleblowers.”

During his appearance on CNN, Issa called White House Press Secretary Jay Carney a “paid liar” and claimed that the spokesperson is “making up things about what happens in calling this local rogue,” leading several Republicans to speak out against his tactics. A week later, Cummings appeared on CNN to challenge the Chairman. “I want those transcripts to be released,” Cummings said. “I’m willing to come on your show next week with the Chairman with the transcripts if he agrees to do that. If he doesn’t, I’ll release them by the end of the week.”

More: Darrell Issa Refuses To Release 'Evidence' That Obama Conspired With IRS To Target Tea Party | By Igor Volsky

Darrell Issa On IRS Investigation: Releasing Full Transcripts Now Would Be 'Reckless'

What is Issa hiding? He accuses Obama but refuses to release any so-called evidence implicating him.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) is refusing to release transcripts of interviews with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents that allegedly prove how political officials in the Obama administration directed the IRS to target conservative groups applying for 501 (c)(4) status.

The California congressman, whose committee is conducting an investigation into the agency’s behavior, provided CNN excerpts of interviews with IRS agents on June 2 and assured host Candy Crowley that “the whole transcript will be put out.” The portion purported to show an IRS official conceding that “directions” for to treat Tea Party groups “emanated from Washington,” though Issa himself conceded that that excerpt was not definitive.

But in a letter to the top Democrat on the Committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), Issa appeared to back away from his pledge, arguing that releasing the transcripts would “needlessly jeopardize the integrity of the investigation and hamper the Committee’s ability to get to the truth.” Experts, he contested, are useful and “serve to provide important updates to the public” and “empower other witnesses to become whistleblowers.”

During his appearance on CNN, Issa called White House Press Secretary Jay Carney a “paid liar” and claimed that the spokesperson is “making up things about what happens in calling this local rogue,” leading several Republicans to speak out against his tactics. A week later, Cummings appeared on CNN to challenge the Chairman. “I want those transcripts to be released,” Cummings said. “I’m willing to come on your show next week with the Chairman with the transcripts if he agrees to do that. If he doesn’t, I’ll release them by the end of the week.”

More: Darrell Issa Refuses To Release 'Evidence' That Obama Conspired With IRS To Target Tea Party | By Igor Volsky

Darrell Issa On IRS Investigation: Releasing Full Transcripts Now Would Be 'Reckless'

What is Issa hiding? He accuses Obama but refuses to release any so-called evidence implicating him.

Why don't you ask the NSA?

$HAL.jpg

Well, if he refuses to release the evidence.. then my guess is he is hiding the evidence. Kind of a stupid question to ask what is he hiding when you plainly state what he's hiding?

Also, it may be prudent at this time anyway. When you are gathering evidence, it's usually a good idea to be sure you have all of it before you start exposing potential sources to scrutiny and dry up the well the evidence is coming from.

Well, if he refuses to release the evidence.. then my guess is he is hiding the evidence. Kind of a stupid question to ask what is he hiding when you plainly state what he's hiding?

Also, it may be prudent at this time anyway. When you are gathering evidence, it's usually a good idea to be sure you have all of it before you start exposing potential sources to scrutiny and dry up the well the evidence is coming from.

Then maybe he should stop saying Obama is "lying" until the so-called evidence is released to the public that proves Obama is lying. When Issa called Jay Carney a "paid liar" - he was calling Obama a liar.

It's so refreshing to see a moonbat acknowledge that there is evidence of Obama's complicity in abusing the power of the IRS to target citizens exercising their first amendment rights.

Then maybe he should stop saying Obama is "lying" until the so-called evidence is released to the public that proves Obama is lying. When Issa called Jay Carney a "paid liar" - he was calling Obama a liar.

Then perhaps Obama should stop lying. And if you don't think there is evidence of Obama lying, you've been living in a cave the last 6 years.

Another bullshit thread by Lakhota. Issa has never claimed Obama conspired with the IRS to target conservatives.

Liberals lie and lie and lie and lie.

From Politico:

THE SPIN. To be fair, Cummings put his own spin on the partial transcripts he released Sunday.

He called partisan foul on Issa for insinuating that he had proof that the “White House” was involved.

“I think this interview and these statements go a long way to showing that the White House was not involved in this,” Cummings said.

But Issa never technically did that.

On TV just over a week ago, he simply suggested IRS headquarters in the Beltway knew about the unfair criteria and perhaps had a hand in creating it.

But that’s a huge difference from claiming to have evidence that the president directed the targeting.

Full IRS transcripts coming soon - Cummings releases new transcripts, says W.H. not involved - Republican IRS agent admits to ordering searches - 'BOLO' creation mystery unraveling - POLITICO Morning Tax - POLITICO.com

WoW !! what a brilliant fucking deduction.., i would never have guessed that in a million years if you had not alerted us about this FACT !!
:up: :laugh2:

Another bullshit thread by Lakhota. Issa has never claimed Obama conspired with the IRS to target conservatives.

Liberals lie and lie and lie and lie.

From Politico:

THE SPIN. To be fair, Cummings put his own spin on the partial transcripts he released Sunday.

He called partisan foul on Issa for insinuating that he had proof that the “White House” was involved.

“I think this interview and these statements go a long way to showing that the White House was not involved in this,” Cummings said.

But Issa never technically did that.

On TV just over a week ago, he simply suggested IRS headquarters in the Beltway knew about the unfair criteria and perhaps had a hand in creating it.

But that’s a huge difference from claiming to have evidence that the president directed the targeting.

Full IRS transcripts coming soon - Cummings releases new transcripts, says W.H. not involved - Republican IRS agent admits to ordering searches - 'BOLO' creation mystery unraveling - POLITICO Morning Tax - POLITICO.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2NoCiP1sJrg]CNN Host Confronts Darrell Issa - YouTube[/ame]

McCarthy never released his list of Communists in government either.

Exactly. Issa is cut from the same cloth. With Issa's shady past, I don't understand how he can even be a Congressman.

DON’T LOOK BACK: Darrell Issa, the congressman about to make life more difficult for President Obama, has had some troubles of his own.

The qualification to be elected to congress is less than most jobs and certainly for most government jobs. Meet the age requirement and be a citizen for 7 years. Foreign born are eligible and so are felons.

No, perhaps there is not any evidence Obama or the WH is connected, but just like the ATF, Justice Department, State Department and the NSA is does prove gross negligence and utter incompetence.

But cling to your faith in Obama. Go back and listen to those Rand Paul sounding speeches about openness and transparency and tell us that he's lived up, or even beleived any of it.

Exactly. Issa is cut from the same cloth. With Issa's shady past, I don't understand how he can even be a Congressman.

DON’T LOOK BACK: Darrell Issa, the congressman about to make life more difficult for President Obama, has had some troubles of his own.

A democrat calling a republican out for maybe having a shady past. Because your team of liberals only offer candidates that are pure as the driven snow.

:lmao:

A democrat calling a republican out for maybe having a shady past. Because your team of liberals only offer candidates that are pure as the driven snow.

:lmao:

Because being a lair, convicted felon, sexual offender is a resume enhancer for democrats. That's why criminals and felons never vote republican.

Forum List

Back