It all starts with one person taking personal responsibility...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
“I didn’t have a dad in the house,” Mr. Obama said as he announced a $200 million, five-year initiative, My Brother’s Keeper, to help black youth.

Mr. Obama said the idea for "My Brother’s Keeper" occurred to him in the aftermath of the killing of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teenager whose death two years ago sparked a roiling national debate about race and class.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/u...ce-initiative-to-empower-young-black-men.html

This didn't have any affect on Obama evidently......
$Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 9.27.28 AM.png

“And I was angry about it, even though I didn’t necessarily realize it at the time. I made bad choices. I got high without always thinking about the harm that it could do. I didn’t always take school as seriously as I should have. I made excuses. Sometimes I sold myself short.”

Poor kid from privilege had it so rough :rolleyes:

“And I was angry about it, even though I didn’t necessarily realize it at the time. I made bad choices. I got high without always thinking about the harm that it could do. I didn’t always take school as seriously as I should have. I made excuses. Sometimes I sold myself short.”

Poor kid from privilege had it so rough :rolleyes:

I know. It's rough having things handed to you in life.

I have a very serious problem with this "My brother's keeper" statement by Obama and THEN the $200 million funding it.. BECAUSE I am literally now "MY brother's keeper"!
My brother lives with me and I support him... just as thousands of others around the country currently also do. I'm not alone I know!
I am sure on this board there are others like me .. take my brother to the doctor.. feed him provide shelter otherwise on the street!

AND this idiot President has his OWN brother living in a $12 a year hut! And he has the guts to tell us he started "Brother's Keeper"
because of Trayvon Martin!
What about YOUR OWN Brother Obama????
I don't understand how people that are taking care of their brothers STILL following Obama!

If you can't do the little things well how then can you expect to do "BIG THINGS"?

Forum List

Back