It's Good Friday, and gosh I'm getting hungry

Well, this thread is leftover from last year, but this Friday will be Good Friday, and then Sunday is Easter. We still have tons of fish in the freezer, so I guess I'll be eating that.

Good Friday is a fast day for Catholics, with two small meals and one regular meal allowed, and no meat (except seafood).

For breakfast, I had two slices of toast. For lunch, I had a few cubes of cheese.

Now I'm getting pretty hungry. For dinner we will have a tuna casserole, and then after that, no snacking is allowed until midnight.

I think that at 12:05 I'm going to an In-N-Out and get a double-double cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate shake.

We still do this in my family, even though we don't always go to Mass, we still follow the Lent rules.

Sounds illogical, but there it is.

Christians' idea of fasting is 1 meal and 2 snacks? Wimps. :)
That's Catholics, not Christians. Not every Christian is Catholic, and not every Catholic is a Christian, same with Protestants.
Every baptised Catholic is a Christian.

Well, this thread is leftover from last year, but this Friday will be Good Friday, and then Sunday is Easter. We still have tons of fish in the freezer, so I guess I'll be eating that.

I'm not Catholic, but I do appreciate their "no-meat" holy days, because the supermarkets always have wonderful sales on fish for those days.

Forum List

Back