Jesse Jackson.."thinking about robbery...see somebody white and feel relieved"!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Why would Reverend Jesse Jackson champion of RACIAL DIVISIVENESS... repeat this stereotype???

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved…. After all we have been through. Just to think we can’t walk down our own streets, how humiliating.”
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in “Crime: New Frontier – Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue” by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)
Jesse Jackson - Wikiquote

Why was Jackson RELIEVED seeing somebody WAS NOT BLACK??

People BLACK OR WHITE based on experiences make stereotypes JUST AS JACKSON did!
So if Jackson a BLACK got nervous but relieved to see it was a WHITE person... WHERE did HE come up with that stereotype?

Truth is Jesse Jackson net worth from ONLY American civil rights activist and Baptist minister who has a net worth of $10 million. Jesse Jackson acquired that net worth as a prominent civil rights activist, United States shadow Senator, and the creator of the civil rights organization Rainbow/PUSH.
Jesse Jackson Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Al Sharpton is an American Baptist minister, civil rights activist, and radio talk show host; he has a net worth of $5 million.
Al Sharpton Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Considering all the blacks moaning and groaning about "Stereotyping" why don't ask Jesse why he wasn't nervous when he saw they group were whites???

Why would Reverend Jesse Jackson champion of RACIAL DIVISIVENESS... repeat this stereotype???

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved…. After all we have been through. Just to think we can’t walk down our own streets, how humiliating.”
Remarks at a meeting of Operation PUSH in Chicago (27 November 1993). Quoted in “Crime: New Frontier – Jesse Jackson Calls It Top Civil-Rights Issue” by Mary A. Johnson, 29 November 1993, Chicago Sun-Times (ellipsis in original). Partially quoted in US News & World Report (10 March 1996)

People BLACK OR WHITE based on experiences make stereotypes JUST AS JACKSON did!
So if Jackson a BLACK got nervous but relieved to see it was a WHITE person... WHERE did HE come up with that stereotype?

Truth is Jesse Jackson net worth from ONLY American civil rights activist and Baptist minister who has a net worth of $10 million. Jesse Jackson acquired that net worth as a prominent civil rights activist, United States shadow Senator, and the creator of the civil rights organization Rainbow/PUSH.

Al Sharpton is an American Baptist minister, civil rights activist, and radio talk show host; he has a net worth of $5 million.

Wait so in another thread you guys were complaining that blacks ignore black on black crime. Then in this thread you guys are complaining that blacks recognize this problem.

And you're mad at both. :doubt:

Wait so in another thread you guys were complaining that blacks ignore black on black crime. Then in this thread you guys are complaining that blacks recognize this problem.

ooops nice try. See if you can answer this one first.

ooops nice try. See if you can answer this one first.

was that a question?

This is because 49% of all murders are 93% black on black. Black men really do attack and kill other black men at a genocidal rate.

This is the biggest problem this nation faces but it is racist to point out.

There's a tiny difference between (a) one isolated comment by a guy who has otherwise made a career of keeping people of different skin color culturally separated, and (b) an honest, in-depth, ongoing examination of how the black community can improve its own lot in life.

You do know that, don't you?

Not speaking for the rest of "you guys" -- I'm not mad.

However, it seems like you are agreeing that the high rate of black on black crime leads to racial profiling.

Mad at both? Where do you see anyone mad at Jackson saying/feeling as he does.

The issue is.......if a non black said the same thing, they would be chastised as a racist by the likes of...well....Jackson.

I am curious....is Jackson one who is campaigning for a "racial profiling", biased crime against Zimmerman?

So...I am curious.....can a black man racially profile a black man without it being a racially motivated crime?

In other words....if Zimmerman were a black man.....and he outright admitted in court that he saw Martin as a potential threat because he was a black man in a hoodie.....would Holder be investigating it as a racially motivated biased crime?

Serious question....anyone?

Aren't those who say that Zimmerman would not have followed Martin if he were not black racially profiling Zimmerman in saying that?

P.S. Sorry, the last thing we need is another thread about the martin/zimmerman case.

Aren't those who say that Zimmerman would not have followed Martin if he were not black racially profiling Zimmerman in saying that?

P.S. Sorry, the last thing we need is another thread about the martin/zimmerman case.

Actually....that is what I have been saying all along.

Despite no evidence that he was a racist...and no evidence that it was the skin color of Martin that prompted him to call police......he has a label on him as high up as the AG as one who racially profiles.

So it seems to me that Holder and others assume he racially profiled strictly based on the fact that he, himself was not black.

Which is racially profiling in itself.

I have yet to hear a liberal provide any evidence that Zimmerman would not have followed him if he were not black. In fact from the evidence, he did not know he was black until he was already following him.

That won't stop liberals from continuing to state as "fact" that he only followed him because he was black. Yet another example of liberal racisism where blacks are tools to get free government cheese.

Last edited:

There's a tiny difference between (a) one isolated comment by a guy who has otherwise made a career of keeping people of different skin color culturally separated, and (b) an honest, in-depth, ongoing examination of how the black community can improve its own lot in life.

There is always a difference when making comparisons.

Actually....that is what I have been saying all along.

Despite no evidence that he was a racist...and no evidence that it was the skin color of Martin that prompted him to call police......he has a label on him as high up as the AG as one who racially profiles.

So it seems to me that Holder and others assume he racially profiled strictly based on the fact that he, himself was not black.

Which is racially profiling in itself.

The reason there is no evidence of any of that is because we haven't developed the machine from Minority Report that can read peoples actions and motivations yet.

There is always a difference when making comparisons.

Indeed, and some of those differences are so wide and obvious that it's clear they're just more standard partisan rhetoric.

Forum List

Back