Jesuit California

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
[I hope this isn't breaking any forum rules] :rolleyes:

I have an internet contact with an individual I consider to be one of the most knowledgeable individuals I've encountered about the history of the California missions - especially the little-known ones in Baja or Lower California.

David Kier is the co-author of a book about the subject and, when I asked, he referred me to a book written in 1926 called Antigua California. After seeing how much it cost on Amazon.com, I went to the community college campus near my home and found a pristine copy of it in their library. [I am the first and only one to sign it out.]

And it provides some totally amazing information.

After thousands of hours studying the Franciscans and their missions in California, I thought I had a pretty good picture of my hometown state and its history. But, what I learned in reading this book shows everything in a totally different light.

My original thoughts are too long to post here so I am inviting all who are interested to check out my blog post on the subject. Just click on the link in my signature.

Hope you enjoy. :eusa_angel:

And, after continued pouring through Antigua California, I just posted another titled Jesuit Domain of California. It's amazing what those priests did so many centuries ago.

Well, after really digging deeper into Antigua California, the missionaries appear awesome. So, I wrote a post - The Jesuit Missionaries - How did they do it? It's only the first of two parts but I hope it sets the tone for the time and the amazing hurdles facing them.

As always, comments appreciated.

If you're waiting for the second part of Father Mayorga's journey in Jesuit California, there will be a brief pause while I get hard to work on the Proof Copy of my third historical novel in Father Serra's Legacy.

For those that are unfamiliar with this, it's the last stage prior to actual publication.

And then, after posting the next part about Father Mayorga, I have to get to work to finish the fourth – and final – novel in the series.

Stay tuned.

I wonder if the ignorant bigoted left understands that the Spanish word "San" as in San Francisco translates to "Saint". Will we see a mass name change for California cities once the anti-Christian bigots enact a separation of Church/State class action lawsuit?

I wonder if the ignorant bigoted left understands that the Spanish word "San" as in San Francisco translates to "Saint". Will we see a mass name change for California cities once the anti-Christian bigots enact a separation of Church/State class action lawsuit?

Well, for years I've felt the correct name for that assembly of Libtards at the tip of the peninsula should be called Frisco!

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back