Jewish Lord Carlile suddenly resigns from pro-Israel Law group

Sherlock Holmes

Gold Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2024
Lord Alex Carlile was - until yesterday - a patron of the UK Lawyers for Israel group.

In yesterday's The Independent he wrote a piece applauding Keir Starmer's decision to withhold some arms export licenses from Israel, then later that day he suddenly resigned from the group and his resignation has not been reported in the press other than in Middle East Eye who interviewed him.

The UK Lawyers group has threatened the British Government with legal action over the weapons sale ban:

Jonathan Turner, UKLFI chief executive, said: “We consider that there is a strong case that the government’s decision was unlawful".

“In truth, it was a political decision to appease members of the public who hate Israel based on misinformation and biased media coverage of the war. As such, it was a misuse of the power granted by the legislation.”

This is Zionism in action, Jews and non-Jews alike are targeted by the Israel lobby all the time, in the US, UK and all over the world. You do as you are told or there are consequences, the lobbyists are a parasite with tentacles that spread in every direction.

Last edited:

You are seriously fucked up.

You say that Jews are being targeted by the Israeli lobby?

The only reason you say this is so you can then insert the other portion of.......'non-Jews being targeted by an Israeli Lobby.'

You're not looking for discussion, and your intent is clear. :doubt:

Lord Alex Carlile was - until yesterday - a patron of the UK Lawyers for Israel group.

In yesterday's The Independent he wrote a piece applauding Keir Starmer's decision to withhold some arms export licenses from Israel, then later that day he suddenly resigned from the group and his resignation has not been reported in the press other than in Middle East Eye who interviewed him.

The UK Lawyers group has threatened the British Government with legal action over the weapons sale ban:

This is Zionism in action, Jews and non-Jews alike are targeted by the Israel lobby all the time, in the US, UK and all over the world. You do as you are told or there are consequences, the lobbyists are a parasite with tentacles that spread in every direction.
They will now label him an anti-semite for disagreeing with Israel's murderous government

That's it, stir the pot and say the Jews are targeting themselves.

So, then don't complain over what comes of this idiocy.

And it comes.

You are seriously fucked up.

You say that Jews are being targeted by the Israeli lobby?

The only reason you say this is so you can then insert the other portion of.......'non-Jews being targeted by an Israeli Lobby.'

You're not looking for discussion, and your intent is clear. :doubt:
I don't know what your smoking in that pipe of yours but I'd avoid operating machinery like computer keyboards until the effects wear off.

I don't know what your smoking in that pipe of yours but I'd avoid operating machinery like computer keyboards until the effects wear off.
Stay on topic. This is the general forum.

Israel lobby targeting Jews... Tell me more.

:dunno:

More than 16 years old.
Yes, they've been doing this for many years, about a hundred in fact.
Your intent is clear. And it's a fail.
My intent is discussion and since you replied it evidently isn't a "fail".
One academic?
You'd like more examples?
How about all the academics allowing their subsidiaries to attack Jews?
Post about it then, start a thread and we can discuss.

Yes, they've been doing this for many years.

Proof please.

My intent is discussion and since you replied it evidently isn't a "fail".

You'd like more examples?

"More" You have yet to show proof. Your proffered example is puerile at best and does not show any Israeli lobby attacking Jewry.

Yes, show proof to support your opinion that there is a concerted Israeli lobby attacking Jewry.

Post about it then, start a thread and we can discuss.

You started the OP. Stand to it and apply logic with supported facts.

Or don't.

Proof please.

Yes, show proof to support your opinion that there is a concerted Israeli lobby attacking Jewry.
1725985660061.png

You started the OP. Stand to it and apply logic with supported facts.

Or don't.

This is not proof of a lobby.

1725985995131.png

In a series of events that progressive Jewish activists warn is becoming increasingly malicious and predictable, Jacobs’s discussion of her Jewish identity and pro-peace views activated a wave of outside attacks from organizations dedicated to preserving Israel’s brutal status quo. The signal to target Jacobs went out shortly after she finished first in the March 2020 primary. (In California, all candidates, regardless of party, run in a single primary, and the top two vote-getters advance to the general election.)

View attachment 1009227

:rofl:

Now you're posting leftist narratives, where they call themselves anti-Israel as opposed to 'pro-Israel' and that's pretty clear.

Opinions and playing the victim is a staple of progressivism.

Screenshot 09-10-2024 09.36.10.png

And that's all you have so far. No proof. Leftist-driven opinion couched as proof.

Wow…. Thomas Massie Reveals every member of Congress has an AIPAC Handler

No factual evidence.

js

Since Zionism is an extremist right wing nationalist ideology

Zionism was created long before there were right and left wings. Zionism, is a movement for the re-establishment of a Jewish homeland, and is primarily a nationalist movement, not tied to any specific political ideology like left or right-wing politics.

And you don't like nationalism, then. That's telling.

, one is unlikely to find much criticism of it in the right wing press.

You are simply parroting the opinions of the progressive left.

Since that's what you are.

Zionism was created long before there were right and left wings. Zionism, is a movement for the re-establishment of a Jewish homeland, and is primarily a nationalist movement, not tied to any specific political ideology like left or right-wing politics.
Right but militant Zionism began approx after WW1 when the terminology "right" and "left" were in common usage in political discourse.
And you don't like nationalism, then. That's telling.
Really, what does this "tell" you?
You are simply parroting the opinions of the progressive left.
To a degree yes, it is mainly from the left that opposition to racism and bigotry and apartheid is typically found.
Since that's what you are.
That's off topic, I am not the subject here.

Right but militant Zionism began approx after WW1 when the terminology "right" and "left" were in common usage in political discourse.

Really, what does this "tell" you?

To a degree yes, it is mainly from the left that opposition to racism and bigotry and apartheid is typically found.

That's off topic, I am not the subject here.'

It's not about you. It's about what you are doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"598/7 and 587/6 bce"

By the rivers of Babylon,
there we sat,
sat and wept,
as we thought of Zion.

עַֽל־עֲרָבִ֥ים בְּתוֹכָ֑הּ תָּ֝לִ֗ינוּ כִּנֹּרוֹתֵֽינוּ׃
There on the poplars
we hung up our lyres,

כִּ֤י שָׁ֨ם שְֽׁאֵל֪וּנוּ שׁוֹבֵ֡ינוּ דִּבְרֵי־שִׁ֭יר וְתוֹלָלֵ֣ינוּ שִׂמְחָ֑ה שִׁ֥ירוּ לָ֝֗נוּ מִשִּׁ֥יר צִיּֽוֹן׃
for our captors asked us there for songs,
our tormentors, for amusement:
“Sing us one of the songs of Zion.”

אֵ֗יךְ נָשִׁ֥יר אֶת־שִׁיר־יְהֹוָ֑ה עַ֝֗ל אַדְמַ֥ת נֵכָֽר׃
How can we sing a song of the LORD
on alien soil?

אִֽם־אֶשְׁכָּחֵ֥ךְ יְֽרוּשָׁלָ֗͏ִם תִּשְׁכַּ֥ח יְמִינִֽי׃
If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
let my right hand wither;

Forum List

Back