🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Joy of a newspaper?

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
Remember the Newspaper media? A crisp autumn morning and stepping out and grabbing handful of journalism with adds and Calvin and Hobbs all wrapped in blue plastic bag on your door step? The smell of the ink and the names of the editors and editorials?

Last edited:
Remember the Newspaper media? A crisp autumn morning and stepping out and grabbing handful of journalism with adds and Calvin and Hobbs all wrapped in blue plastic bag on your door step? The smell of the ink and the names of the editors and editorials?
I haven't read a paper newspaper in years and don't really miss it. I have probably saved a lot of trees. Times change. Change is the only thing that is constant.

• Banned
I really miss the journalism and the hard work they put in to it, not to mention the smell of the ink and getting up at 5:30 and letting out the dog under the crunch snow under foot, not to mention (all the coffee) and the work it took to to get it to our door step. That is all gone. And instead, we get ....this. Impersonal and seemingly lazy crap of the internet.

Last edited:
I really miss the journalism and the hard work they put in to it, not to mention the smell of the ink and getting up at 5:30 and letting out the dog under the crunch snow under foot, not to mention the work it took to to get it to our door step. That is all gone. And instead, we get ....this.
You can't get a newspaper where you live?
They still do that, right.

Not anymore. The internet killed old school journalism. The Walter Cronkite, Carl Bernstein Watergate reportage. Now we get CNN bitching about racism or transgenderism like its's normal,
That wasn't the question.

Can you still get your local newspaper, with comics of C&H, delivered to your house?

I cancelled the paper. It got to where they were constantly raising the rates---like several times a year. Warren Buffet pretty much ruined our local paper. The newest owners are even worse in terms of quality but they are also having a real hard time getting subscribers back after its history under WB's company's management. The newest owners added a few feet to the paywall around their site so I just go to the other regional news outlets for local news. They are constantly giving me low priced offers, but I just refuse to do it. I don't trust them anymore.

I got both papers here in Houston.
The Chronicle and the Post. The Chronicle eventually ran the post out of business because they were to liberal.
Once the Post got shutdown the Chronicle went full leftard and I stopped getting the Chronicle as well.
35 years of reading the paper every morning over with.
They called and begged me to subscribe again for about two months,I finally went off on em and told them I refuse to read your commie paper ever again.
It's sad really,nothing like sitting on the back porch with a big cup of coffee and the morning paper.

The Springfield News-Leader has gone off the rails as well.

The only major paper in Missouri worth reading is the Southeast Missourian.

Houston no longer has a newspaper worth reading.
When you find yourself reading the sports section and the funnies but nothing else it's time to stop giving them your money.

You can't get a newspaper where you live?
They still do that, right.
About that: good point and its why I created this thread. Old school news papers are dead. Linked to that: Journalism is dead too. Instead? We get this trash called the "main stream media" that doesn't know facts or honesty or even What "impartiality" means. Nope. Instead, they give us "stories" with political "narratives" interweaved. I don't want stories. I don't need or ask for a narrative. Nor propaganda. I just want the media to impart actual true facts uncut unedited unadulterated. And the papers used to do that.
1635637294669.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back