Jury Duty!! IDK.. Yay? Or Nay? Tips Please!

It's a sad affair when Americans think justice is some unimportant burden.

Every one of you bitching in this thread because you're expected to take part in keep a just republic is a piece of shit and I never want to hear you bitch about any aspect of the legal system, the government, or our society as a whole, when you refuse to do so much as serve to ensure our courts are just by hearing evidence and sharing your conclusions.

It's not they're asking you to travel across the country, become a biologist, and conduct the investigation yourself.

I really look forward to it- I just don't want to lose out on a week of work. I just got a promotion to Director of Internet Marketing with my company, plus I manage one of our locations as well. We work on commission, so losing a week would cost me a lot.

At this time in my life, being able to pay my bills is a higher priority to me than sitting on a jury. Sorry if some of you abusive assholes here don't like that, but no, I am not going to go dive into a shallow pond, just because you can't appreciate me half-hoping to be relieved of the duty. <sticks out tongue at the haters>

Of course, I could go and make y'all REALLY pissed off, and apply for food stamps for the next month, and go to the county social services office for a free rent payment, and stop bitching about it, but I am sure you misogynists on here would still not be satisfied, so hey go jump off a cliff, yourselves, why doncha. :lol:

I really look forward to it- I just don't want to lose out on a week of work. I just got a promotion to Director of Internet Marketing with my company, plus I manage one of our locations as well. We work on commission, so losing a week would cost me a lot.

At this time in my life, being able to pay my bills is a higher priority to me than sitting on a jury. Sorry if some of you abusive assholes here don't like that, but no, I am not going to go dive into a shallow pond, just because you can't appreciate me half-hoping to be relieved of the duty. <sticks out tongue at the haters>

Of course, I could go and make y'all REALLY pissed off, and apply for food stamps for the next month, and go to the county social services office for a free rent payment, and stop bitching about it, but I am sure you misogynists on here would still not be satisfied, so hey go jump off a cliff, yourselves, why doncha. :lol:

oh stop-----I'm madly in love with you

You know, you're absolutely right. Serving on a jury is both an honor and a responsibility of the citizenship of a civilized society.
Yup.

It is one of our civic duties. I was called for the first this past November. Even started a thread on it here some may recall [I have Jury Duty tomorrow ] - and I was damn proud I did.

Took about 3 weeks of my time (and I own my own business, so I lost a good chunk of change, and business serving) - People complaining about lost wages or income, I have three words: Suck it up.
\
I never thought I would ever agree with proletarian, but he's right:

proletarian said:
.... I never want to hear you bitch about any aspect of the legal system, the government, or our society as a whole, when you refuse to do so much as serve to ensure our courts are just by hearing evidence and sharing your conclusions.

After it was all over, I was glad to report:

It's over. I put a man in prison for the rest of his natural life.

One more dangerous asshole off the streets. What a good feeling that was knowing I played a part in it.

Pretty sad when you want to pass off your civic duty to someone else.
That's my opinion.

I am half excited, half bummed.

I want to be a juror because I want to decide a case about gun rights or women's rights. That would be awesome. :clap2:

I don't want to do it because I will miss work, and maybe for nothing. Booo..:evil:

On the bright side-

Maybe I will go buy some stilettos and fishnets and go fuck some random attorneys and then abort as a form of birth control. LOL!!!

Anybody have any tips on how to help yourself get on the jury, or to avoid it? Thanks in advance..

Be honest in the interview process and if your a fit for the case they will pick you.

If you dont wanna do it just tell em you hate all men (if its a guy) all blacks (if its a black person) or say some other thing that makes you sound extremely prejudiced about the case.

Well I some how avoided being called for jd today, but have to call again tonight after 1700 hours to see if I have to show up for tomorrow. Supposed to start snowing this evening and snow all night, bet I have to go tomorrow. Oh its $40.00 a day + mileage.

Well I some how avoided being called for jd today, but have to call again tonight after 1700 hours to see if I have to show up for tomorrow. Supposed to start snowing this evening and snow all night, bet I have to go tomorrow. Oh its $40.00 a day + mileage.
Who're you?

I would love to be on a jury, but I know I have too many "strikes" against me for any defense lawyer to ever let me sit. Not only am I an officer of the court myself, several of my family and friends work in law enforcement, and then there's the whole "prosecution witness - guy was executed" thing. A first-year law student would know to throw my ass out of the jury pool. So since I know I'm going to be rejected anyway, my goal is to get it over with as soon as possible so I can get on with my day. ::sigh::

Well, I called in, and they said that only numbers 1-469 had to show up. My number was in the 1200s, so they said I have done my duty, thanks so much for calling in, blah blah blah.

I think it is absolute horseshit to lie about what your beliefs are just to get out of jury duty. I would never bend over backwards to try to get out of it.

I actually have a really neat story about this topic. The year my dad died, my mom needed a week off of work on one specific week when us kids would be between school and summer camp, and without child care. She was from Scotland, and had full citizenship here. She married my dad sometime after she got her citizenship, and my dad went on to law school a little while later, and ended up a city attorney. Needless to say, my mom asked her boss for the week off, and he denied it. Perfect timing, perfect ending, because she got the perfect case to be called to jury duty for. She was asked how she felt about guns, and when she answered that she was deathly afraid of them, she was promptly excused, giving her the full week to take care of me and my sister.

A lot of people here have given me a lot of shit, like "go jump into a shallow lake", etc, and acted as though I am the scum at the bottom of that lake for having mixed feelings about jury duty.

My reasons for those feelings were none of any of your business. In fact, I hate coming to this message board having to justify everything I say, when certain hate filled people come in and decide to act as the fucking morality police of the boards. Get a fucking life, and stop being so quick to judge. As He said- "Judge not, lest ye be judged!"

I do hope y'all haters feel bad now. LOL!

Peace!

I served about 2 years ago and I'm glad I did.

An illegal alien was robbed at gunpoint and he went to the police to pres charges (weirdest scene was the illegal alien exiting the courtroom after he testified and no one stopping him). When we returned the verdict, the kids family was in the back and they were besides themselves, they just "knew" there was no way a mostly white jury was going to understand that the po-leece fucked up but on all the major count we returned a "not Guilty" verdict and the kids family shed tears of joy and praised God, or Allah, i couldn't tell.

So serve, please.

I served about 2 years ago and I'm glad I did.

An illegal alien was robbed at gunpoint and he went to the police to pres charges (weirdest scene was the illegal alien exiting the courtroom after he testified and no one stopping him). When we returned the verdict, the kids family was in the back and they were besides themselves, they just "knew" there was no way a mostly white jury was going to understand that the po-leece fucked up but on all the major count we returned a "not Guilty" verdict and the kids family shed tears of joy and praised God, or Allah, i couldn't tell.

So serve, please.

Good job Frank

&#9773;proletarian&#9773;;1984665 said:

Every one of you bitching in this thread because you're expected to take part in keep a just republic is a piece of shit and I never want to hear you bitch about any aspect of the legal system, the government, or our society as a whole, when you refuse to do so much as serve to ensure our courts are just by hearing evidence and sharing your conclusions.

It's not they're asking you to travel across the country, become a biologist, and conduct the investigation yourself.

You can go fuck yourself comrade, I served my country and have the DD214 to prove it. I run a company that employs over a hundred people, working class people that need a job. I can't afford to take time off or they will suffer. So you can stuff your sanctimonious crap where the sun don't shine.

Last edited:
Well, I called in, and they said that only numbers 1-469 had to show up. My number was in the 1200s, so they said I have done my duty, thanks so much for calling in, blah blah blah.

I think it is absolute horseshit to lie about what your beliefs are just to get out of jury duty. I would never bend over backwards to try to get out of it.

I actually have a really neat story about this topic. The year my dad died, my mom needed a week off of work on one specific week when us kids would be between school and summer camp, and without child care. She was from Scotland, and had full citizenship here. She married my dad sometime after she got her citizenship, and my dad went on to law school a little while later, and ended up a city attorney. Needless to say, my mom asked her boss for the week off, and he denied it. Perfect timing, perfect ending, because she got the perfect case to be called to jury duty for. She was asked how she felt about guns, and when she answered that she was deathly afraid of them, she was promptly excused, giving her the full week to take care of me and my sister.

A lot of people here have given me a lot of shit, like "go jump into a shallow lake", etc, and acted as though I am the scum at the bottom of that lake for having mixed feelings about jury duty.

My reasons for those feelings were none of any of your business. In fact, I hate coming to this message board having to justify everything I say, when certain hate filled people come in and decide to act as the fucking morality police of the boards. Get a fucking life, and stop being so quick to judge. As He said- "Judge not, lest ye be judged!"

I do hope y'all haters feel bad now. LOL!

Peace!

Quite right. Those who think jury duty is supposed to be more important to us than other people who depend on us can just take a flying leap. Yes, it is important to do our civic duty too. But I am self employed and work on fixed appointments that I have to make ahead of time. That's danged hard to do when you don't know if you're number will be called on a given day. And as often as not, during my tenure on the jury I would call and and wouldn't be needed in the morning but would be told to call again at noon in case there was an afternoon trial, etc. etc. Fortunately most of our clientele was understanding of my predicament, but it also could have been quite costly in permanently lost business. As it was, my last jury duty cost me roughly $1,500 in work that I had to reassign to others.

I think the only ones who think we shouldn't also be conscientious about our work and other responsibilities too are those that don't have jobs or don't hold one very long anyway and who don't have any responsibilities and/or nobody depends on them.

You have nothing to feel guilty about.

Anybody have any tips on how to help yourself get on the jury, or to avoid it? Thanks in advance..

:eusa_eh:

I don't want to do it because I will miss work, and maybe for nothing. Booo..:evil:

As He said- "Judge not, lest ye be judged!"

I never said that.

Nor did anyone who believed in a lawful and just society.

&#9773;proletarian&#9773;;1987065 said:
Who're you?

Mrs's Ridge son! You writing a book? If so leave the chapter regarding me out of it. Seems to me you have pesonality problems.

Forum List

Back