Kevin Durant to Suns for all the draft picks.

He reminds me alot of Bernard King who was an absolute scoring machine for the Knicks back in the day. The problem was that he was what they used to call being "injury prone". These days they call it something less charitable.
He may remind you, but make no mistake, while Bernard King is certainly underrated in the halls of NBA History.. he was never a top 5 player in the NBA. Durant has been, and arguably is at any time.

This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. The Suns have thrown away too many 1st rounders for the rest of this decade. Durant is fragile and likely past his prime, they better win it all this year, or next. Durant won it all as a Warrior, but he never led a team to a championship.

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kevin Durant to the Phoenix Suns in a blockbuster move, league sources confirmed to Yahoo Sports.

The Suns also will send forward Jae Crowder, who has not played this season after requesting a trade in the offseason, to the Nets, according to reports. Crowder could be part of an additional trade ahead of the deadline at 3 p.m. Thursday, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported.

The Suns also will send forward Jae Crowder, who has not played this season after requesting a trade in the offseason, to the Nets, according to reports. Crowder could be part of an additional trade ahead of the deadline at 3 p.m. Thursday, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported.

Brooklyn will also receive Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, four unprotected first-round draft picks in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029 and a 2028 pick swap, according to ESPN.

TJ Warren is headed to Phoenix in the deal, as well.

After the Nets traded Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks over the weekend, Durant reportedly met with Brooklyn's front office to discuss "the direction of the franchise and its ability to be a championship contender." Apparently, those conversations were not fruitful.

giphy.gif

On paper, it makes the Suns a front runner for the finals. But I tend to agree with you. Arizona teams for some reason overspend for aging superstars and I've yet to see it pan out. The trade makes the Suns weaker defensively and thins the bench.
This was my comment from Feb 2023. Once again it looks like an Arizona team has emptied the bank to go after an aging superstar with no benefits seen yet. If Booker, Beal and Durant can stay healthy next year, maybe they have a shot but it's a long shot.

This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. The Suns have thrown away too many 1st rounders for the rest of this decade. Durant is fragile and likely past his prime, they better win it all this year, or next. Durant won it all as a Warrior, but he never led a team to a championship.

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kevin Durant to the Phoenix Suns in a blockbuster move, league sources confirmed to Yahoo Sports.

Brooklyn will also receive Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, four unprotected first-round draft picks in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029 and a 2028 pick swap, according to ESPN.

TJ Warren is headed to Phoenix in the deal, as well.

After the Nets traded Kyrie Irving to the Dallas Mavericks over the weekend, Durant reportedly met with Brooklyn's front office to discuss "the direction of the franchise and its ability to be a championship contender." Apparently, those conversations were not fruitful.

You had Irving, Durant and Harden. Now Harden is playing against Kyre. Harden dropped 33

You had Irving, Durant and Harden. Now Harden is playing against Kyre. Harden dropped 33

So? Harden's made his name having huge games toying w/ his opposition, but when it counts in the playoffs, he can't look much worse if memory serves me! Harden's playing on the right team as the Clippers have played in only 1 Conf. Final; even w/ 3-1 leads in Div. play! Looking forward to Durant going down in flames again! Like Tyreek Hill on the Dolphins, he walked away from a winning club (KC) for $$ & ego reasons! It's a shame Devin Booker has to pay for Kevin's crimes! :omg: :mad::dunno::meow::rolleyes:

Last edited:
And the Suns have picked up Bradley Beal, another scorer who has never won anything nor led a team to anything.

Everyone other team in the NBA should look at this Sun's team as an example of how not to build a team.

So? Harden's made his name having huge games toying w/ his opposition, but when it counts in the playoffs, he can't look much worse if memory serves me! Harden's playing on the right team as the Clippers have played in only 1 Conf. Final; even w/ 3-1 leads in Div. play! Looking forward to Durant going down in flames again! Like Tyreek Hill on the Dolphins, he walked away from a winning club (KC) for $$ & ego reasons! It's a shame Devin Booker has to pay for Kevin's crimes! :omg: :mad::dunno::meow::rolleyes:

Its probably the hardest part of coaching and pretty much underscores why good position coaches and assistant coaches do not always make good head coaches. I don't know how these players go from team to team in the professional leagues and nobody picks up on the fact that they are "soft". The head coach must really believe that he can reach these players and get something out of them that the other coaches couldn't. It almost never happens. Cris Carter is probably the most glaring exception of a bust who turned into a HOF player.

And the Suns have picked up Bradley Beal, another scorer who has never won anything nor led a team to anything.

Everyone other team in the NBA should look at this Sun's team as an example of how not to build a team.

Sorry but if you owned the Suns and Kevin Durant was available, you'd pick him too and hope he plays as good as he's capable of. You HOPE he isn't too old. But like I said about Harden before he scored 33 yesterday. If you are a team and you can add a Harden to your roster, you do it and hope it's the piece you need to put you over the hump.

You never know what's going to work. Look at Milwaukee. With Lillard, Middleton, Yianni, Lopez and Portis Jr, that should be a championship team. No question about it. But who knew adding Lillard wouldn't make them as GREAT as it should. The Bucks are a weird team. I don't see them winning another championship.

They don't have a first round draft choice for 4 years!

Plus, Beal has a no trade clause in his contract, did you see his performance in a close out game? He may have had some garbage points late in the game but he had 1 point at one time in the 4th qtr.

Blame the thirty something new owner, who has more money than common sense. He should have hired competent people around him, but likely too arrogant for that.

They don't have a first round draft choice for 4 years!

Plus, Beal has a no trade clause in his contract, did you see his performance in a close out game? He may have had some garbage points late in the game but he had 1 point at one time in the 4th qtr.

Blame the thirty something new owner, who has more money than common sense. He should have hired competent people around him, but likely too arrogant for that.
If I were the Bucks, I'd take Durant. Or Boston. They could use him.

They will have to get rid of him, and he aint going to Milwaukee. Boston can't afford him and the Bucks just brought in one overpriced and over the hill veteran, and its gone exactly where most people thought it would.

Durant's the poster child when it comes to the new definition of Karma! All that talent, had commentators salivating while extolling his skills, but obviously has some issues inside his head; namely his over-inflated ego! He may never win again! He's like the insecure wife who has it all, but loses her mind if the hubby even looks at another woman! The man can't be too bright or mentally stable after walking away from his position in Golden State! What a brain-dead idiot! Unlike Charles, Karl, & Gary scrambling at the end of their careers to win an NBA Chp., Durant at least got his 2 w/ a little help from Curry, Green, & Iguodala! :rolleyes: :stir::p:nono::meow:

They will have to get rid of him, and he aint going to Milwaukee. Boston can't afford him and the Bucks just brought in one overpriced and over the hill veteran, and its gone exactly where most people thought it would.
Who is the over priced vet? Lillard plays great. It just seems like they don't have chemestry. Either Yianni is going to drive the ball, Lillard is or Middleton is. They don't play as a team. Each of them is capable of scoring one on one but it just doesn't seem right.

They had a good team last year. Drew Holiday and Middleton. But Middleton got hurt last year.

I'm glad Gianni won a championship because it's never guaranteed you'll ever win another one. They may have gotten a bit lucky the year they won. Not like Denver who seems poised to repeat.

Forum List

Back