Kuwait moves annual DC party to Trump’s hotel

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
One of the Middle East’s richest kingdoms said Tuesday it would host its annual Washington party at Donald Trump’s new hotel, underscoring the president-elect’s unusual status as the owner of a major venue for events in the U.S. capital.

Salem Al-Sabah, Kuwait’s ambassador to the U.S., said the party would take place Feb. 25, adding that he hopes guests like the “new hotel in town.” He said no one pressed him to move the Kuwaiti National Day event from its regular venue at the Four Seasons. Although Kuwait did not have a contract with the Four Seasons for the party, the date had been set aside for it to possibly take place there.

“I do not know President-elect Trump,” the ambassador told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. “I do not know any of his people. None of his people have contacted me.” He added: “I thought would be exciting for our guests to see a new venue. It looks great. It looks cool. So let’s do it.”

Al-Sabah noted that last year’s reception occurred at the Newseum, a museum promoting the media.

Kuwait moves annual DC party to Trump's hotel

I thought Muslims were supposed to hate Trump.

And the palm greasing starts ....

Trump , friend of the dictator class.

lol Clinton was everyone's friend if they wrote a big enough check, but clearly, Kuwait understands that won't work with Trump.

One of the Middle East’s richest kingdoms said Tuesday it would host its annual Washington party at Donald Trump’s new hotel, underscoring the president-elect’s unusual status as the owner of a major venue for events in the U.S. capital.

Salem Al-Sabah, Kuwait’s ambassador to the U.S., said the party would take place Feb. 25, adding that he hopes guests like the “new hotel in town.” He said no one pressed him to move the Kuwaiti National Day event from its regular venue at the Four Seasons. Although Kuwait did not have a contract with the Four Seasons for the party, the date had been set aside for it to possibly take place there.

“I do not know President-elect Trump,” the ambassador told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. “I do not know any of his people. None of his people have contacted me.” He added: “I thought would be exciting for our guests to see a new venue. It looks great. It looks cool. So let’s do it.”

Al-Sabah noted that last year’s reception occurred at the Newseum, a museum promoting the media.

Are the ovens in the basement fueled and ready?

lol Clinton was everyone's friend if they wrote a big enough check, but clearly, Kuwait understands that won't work with Trump.

What are you talking about ? I'm sure trump hotel cashed a real big check .
Big for you, perhaps, but not big enough to buy a billionaire. The Clinton's, on the other hand, earned their fortune by selling access to the government.

Anyone who stays at Trump hotel from now on is getting an ambassadorship!

The potential for conflicts of interest is certainly a possibility and risk. The conundrum is that he can't possibly sell all of his businesses, nor should he have to as it would disqualify business owners from running for office.

Apparently this is going to be handled by his two sons in a Trust. Announcement to come in January as it is complicated. Ultimately, there would be a solution to this that appeases everyone.

The potential for conflicts of interest is certainly a possibility and risk. The conundrum is that he can't possibly sell all of his businesses, nor should he have to as it would disqualify business owners from running for office.

Apparently this is going to be handled by his two sons in a Trust. Announcement to come in January as it is complicated. Ultimately, there would be a solution to this that appeases everyone.
lol The Democrats are fully committed to not be "appeased" by anything for at least four years.

Are the ovens in the basement fueled and ready?
Ya ya! zay are rrready !

Forum List

Back