Legal grass in LA being undercut by Black Market

They have taxed it to death. It is just cheaper to buy it elsewhere, or grow it yourself.

Yet another reason to build the wall. The mules can sneak it across the border at a cheaper price than the high-taxed domestic shit.

They have taxed it to death. It is just cheaper to buy it elsewhere, or grow it yourself.

Its going to cost the state a lot of money to enforce these new taxes.

I know its heresy to liberals, but if they reduced the taxes to a reasonable level, Legal Grass wouldn't be such a burden to the other , non-pothead taxpayers out there.

Like normal libtards never ever think ahead.

Libtards just assumed that they would be collecting 100% of the tax due on all the weed sold in Los Angeles, never thinking for a second that some potheads might not be buying from them.

They made the same error in logic when they raised the cigarette tax to astronomical levels. They assumed the same number of cigs would be sold and they budgeted the government based on their erroneous estimates.

Libtards just assumed that they would be collecting 100% of the tax due on all the weed sold in Los Angeles, never thinking for a second that some potheads might not be buying from them.

They made the same error in logic when they raised the cigarette tax to astronomical levels. They assumed the same number of cigs would be sold and they budgeted the government based on their erroneous estimates.

I know I was thinking of the same thing, they thought, "ooooohhhhhhh how much more money we will get in taxes" and didn't count on people buying smokes online, roll their own, etc...etc...

liberals have to be the most retarded people on planet earth.

I know I was thinking of the same thing, they thought, "ooooohhhhhhh how much more money we will get in taxes" and didn't count on people buying smokes online, roll their own, etc...etc...

liberals have to be the most retarded people on planet earth.

I've had this discussion on Facebook a thousand times. Some libtard remarks how they can balance the city, state or federal budget on the back of legal grass sales. Libs will always argue when you point out that it isn't nearly the cash cow they imagine and if they want legal dope that's fine but pass it on its own merits.

Leave it to California to fuck up legalize drugs and drive people right back to the black market

The Mayor of LA is looking to bring a whole new army of Narcs to police the legal grass market.

I guess the grass tax isn't going to be the savior to California's fiscal woes.

Los Angeles looks to break up vast illegal pot sales

Lol, I’m fine with that. Big weed deserves all the heart burn they get.

I think its interesting that Rep. John Boehner is the voice of Big Weed.

10 years ago, if someone asked me who would be the successor of Cheech and/or Chong, Boehner would have been my last choice.

The Mayor of LA is looking to bring a whole new army of Narcs to police the legal grass market.

Lol, I’m fine with that. Big weed deserves all the heart burn they get.

I think its interesting that Rep. John Boehner is the voice of Big Weed.

10 years ago, if someone asked me who would be the successor of Cheech and/or Chong, Boehner would have been my last choice.

Yeah, that alone makes me want it illegal again.

The only good thing is usually a "bottom end" black market, one where you are trying to beat out legal prices, is less violent than a "top end" black market, where you are providing an illegal product, and thus have no legal competition.

In the first case the legal prices puts a cap on the level of profit one can get, as opposed to the 2nd case, where there is no cap.

People will gangbang for a profit of hundreds of dollars an ounce/gram whatever, they won't for a profit of 10-20 bucks an ounce/gram.

And California can fix this easily by lowering taxes and excise fees, making the legal product more competitive.

Forum List

Back