🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's hope globalism dies a very short and very painful death...

We in America stand at the crossroads as did the Brits with Brexit. We can choose the establishment darling. We can chose the corporation's choice, We can choose the foreign interests choice. Or we could go back to America first.

We in America stand at the crossroads as did the Brits with Brexit. We can choose the establishment darling. We can chose the corporation's choice, We can choose the foreign interests choice. Or we could go back to America first.
Strangely, I agree with you.

So long as their is cheap labor to be exploited, there will be globalism.

Mr. Businessman is not about to go back to paying American workers what they had gotten used to being paid.

The Lexus and the Olive Tree will explain how and why Globalization is not going anywhere. It has to do with the democratization of information, the democratization of finance, and the democratization of technology. For the conservatives out there, it has nothing to do with domestic US politics (i.e. democrats) but with the proliferation of the 3 entities. Credit is easier than ever to get, technology has allowed more producers, and information has allowed buyers and sellers more connections than ever.

It’s a short plank you’re walking when you “hope” that super empowered individuals will be barred from seeking out the best alternatives for themselves by artificial barriers erected by some politician.

You’ll find Davey Jones’ Locker quite cool I’m afraid.

Mr. Businessman is not about to go back to paying American workers what they had gotten used to being paid.
Sadly, given the refinement of the corporate propaganda machine and the preponderance of willing dupes who vote against their own interests, I don't see anything changing either.

It doesn’t have so much to do with “cheap” labor as affordable labor and custom labor. Cheap is the macro. And that’s fine. But more and more, Americans are demanding specific solutions. Ever heard of Yeti? Yeti is an Austin, TX based company that makes absolutely killer coolers and tumblers that keeps ice whole for something like 36 hours. It cost me about $30 from Academy in San Antonio. I have a Yeti tumbler with me most of the time.

Or I had one, I should say.

RTIC, a Houston company, usurped them to the price of $10 a tumbler. The product is just as good. Fits in your cup holder if you drive an older model car (as I do). Rticcoolers.com. It is absolutely the bomb.

And Wal*Mart has introduced even another brand called Ozark Trail that sells their tumbler for $9.74 and $7.74 for the 20 ounce. They were on nationwide backorder recently. Currently they are made by YETI (I think—there is conflicting information about it). Before too long, they will be made overseas.

So, the answer from some seems to be to just pretend that $7.74 alternative isn’t there? Good luck with that.

I don’t shop at Wal*Mart if there is an alternative. I would never have heard of it had it not been for Facebook. Likewise for the RTIC. I bought the RTIC using my PayPal monies without leaving my condo.

The message isn’t that the cheap labor won; a specific need for keeping ice for multiple hours during a bike ride or a hike or just driving across the desert has been addressed. A “Thermos” is just as useable I suppose but it doesn’t allow easy access, doesn’t allow stylish usability, and is “old”.

Forum List

Back