Like no place on Earth

And here I was, thinking I was going to see some nice scenery. Goodness me, what is a rock penis doing there?:razz:

Heh heh heh heh

I'm of the opinion that every child in the country, at some point between 5th and 10th grade, should get the chance to go on some sort of hiking/camping/touring trip of some national park or the equivalent. Yellowstone, Glacier, Grand Teton, Yosemite Valley, the White Mountains, friggin' DENALI (was in Alaska this summer, t'was awesome).

I'm a big devotee of outdoor activities and honestly whatever it took to make this happen, I'd support it. It would be worth the expense and frankly, I think most kids would get more out of it than they do from another week in school.

And here I was, thinking I was going to see some nice scenery. Goodness me, what is a rock penis doing there?:razz:

Heh heh heh heh

I'm of the opinion that every child in the country, at some point between 5th and 10th grade, should get the chance to go on some sort of hiking/camping/touring trip of some national park or the equivalent. Yellowstone, Glacier, Grand Teton, Yosemite Valley, the White Mountains, friggin' DENALI (was in Alaska this summer, t'was awesome).

I'm a big devotee of outdoor activities and honestly whatever it took to make this happen, I'd support it. It would be worth the expense and frankly, I think most kids would get more out of it than they do from another week in school.

Have you ever heard of "Outward Bound"?

Heh heh heh heh

Boy Scouts do that shit alla time. And don't call me frankly.

Beautiful pics.
In fact, far from there being "no place on earth" like the subway in Zion, there are quite a few beautiful slot canyons, and caverns in the magnificent red rock of the Southwest.

Never made it to Zion, but I've been to Bryce, Grand Canyon North & South Rim, Canyonlands, Arches, Antelope Slot Canyon, Canyon to De Chelly, and a float down the remnant of the once great Glen Canyon below the dam. In fact Glen Canyon had some stunning caverns and slot canyons. Someday they will be visible again, in the far future when the concrete plug is eroded, or in the hopeful near future if more enlightened beings drain the reservoir.

Forum List

Back