Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
we just broke thru 16000 on the Dow!,,

Oy.....:(

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI)
-DJI
transparent-1093278.png

I'm most certainly not on the top of the world after that massacre....good grief that was awful

No worries, I'm sure Obungles will work his Messiah Magic and I can make it back in a day or two ;)

Oh well...what goes up must come down.

Yeah but that was a thud
Yep...could be bigger drops are forthcoming.

I agree with my gpa, it's a combination of options, China and interest rates..maybe oil also. It was due for a correction

Buy the dip........maybe it has one more mini-surge left..........

One guy I listen to says whatever investors are thinking about the China situation....it's 10 times worse. Over supply is meeting complacent demand

Oh well...what goes up must come down.

Yeah but that was a thud

I agree with my gpa, it's a combination of options, China and interest rates..maybe oil also. It was due for a correction

One guy I listen to says whatever investors are thinking about the China situation....it's 10 times worse. Over supply is meeting complacent demand

I personally think the market is over-reacting to China........I see a short term mini-surge coming.

Yeah but that was a thud

I personally think the market is over-reacting to China........I see a short term mini-surge coming.

I can only hope...my hubby isn't a patient man

I cashed in 2 years ago at 16,400+ when I had to buy my hacienda here in Vegas. My wife is still in, getting nervous, but only has a non-guarenteed exposure of 20% of her long-term investments. She asked me this morning if she should move on that 20%. I told her to hold steady for now as I never underestimate the cycle of market 'pumps-n-dumps'. (Tho, I feel she should have followed my advice back in July to move that 20%.....but she didn't......she's her own person....ehhh....).

I cashed in 2 years ago at 16,400+ when I had to buy my hacienda here in Vegas. My wife is still in, getting nervous, but only has a non-guarenteed exposure of 20% of her long-term investments. She asked me this morning if she should move on that 20%. I told her to hold steady for now as I never underestimate the cycle of market 'pumps-n-dumps'. (Tho, I feel she should have followed my advice back in July to move that 20%.....but she didn't......she's her own person....ehhh....).

I usually trade on swings but the ones I'm taking a pounding on are my long term. I'm still above water, barely. I see Soro's venture into Peabody is causing some action, not nearly enough for me to get in though. But it's curious as to his intentions on it

I usually trade on swings but the ones I'm taking a pounding on are my long term. I'm still above water, barely. I see Soro's venture into Peabody is causing some action, not nearly enough for me to get in though. But it's curious as to his intentions on it

It is both exhilarting and stressful to tip-toe on the edge of razor blades. That's the nature of the game. But, look on the bright side, you're still in the game when many got squashed in 2008.

It is both exhilarting and stressful to tip-toe on the edge of razor blades. That's the nature of the game. But, look on the bright side, you're still in the game when many got squashed in 2008.

Oh I took a hit but I knew they'd come back, they always do. My heyday was energy holdings, PCX (Patriot Coal) literally bought our home, that was exhilarating. Then Obungles shows up and that went south in a New York minute

Forum List

Back