Looney liberal tax policy

In 1985, Reagan signed legislation making permanent a 16-cent federal excise tax on a pack of cigarettes, then worth about $2.4 billion a year.

damn looney liberal.

We need to legalize heroin... to drastically grow employment in that industry,

Philly raised taxes on soda. As a result they raised 5 million in the first month. Great you say right? Well hold on. One of the largest soda distributors has said that they are going to have to cut their work force by 20%

Soda Tax: Will Your Favorite Beverage Cost More?

I call bull flop! Soda sales are dropping everywhere as people seek healthy alternatives.

Blaming the tax is scapegoating .

Philly raised taxes on soda. As a result they raised 5 million in the first month. Great you say right? Well hold on. One of the largest soda distributors has said that they are going to have to cut their work force by 20%

I call bull flop! Soda sales are dropping everywhere as people seek healthy alternatives.

Yeah but raising the price of a product doesn't help. When demand goes down for a commodity the most common option is to lower the price to reinvigorate interest. The tax may not be the whole reason but its certainly part of it.

I disagree with singling out soda for a punishment tax on the poor and middle class. That said soda is POISON trust me on this. I drank soda for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over 30 years, its poison to humans. I gave it up last year, my A1C dropped from 8.4 to 6.0 and is still falling.

I disagree with singling out soda for a punishment tax on the poor and middle class. That said soda is POISON trust me on this. I drank soda for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over 30 years, its poison to humans. I gave it up last year, my A1C dropped from 8.4 to 6.0 and is still falling.

I think it's a little eliteist . If you want to target sugar drinks , why not include all theses coffee/ sugar based "chinos".

I think it's a little eliteist . If you want to target sugar drinks , why not include all theses coffee/ sugar based "chinos".
why not?

Water is now number one...
they'll be taxing that as well.

They already do...

They already do...
there you go. nothing a good politician won't tax.

Yes, our loony friends do love some big government.

Lol! News flash . The right is also a big fan of big gov!
Is that why you love big government?

Forum List

Back