MAGA extremist Charlie Kirk Is Right to Be Afraid of Baruch Spinoza, a Dutch radical enlightenment thinker who can teach us how to fight the right

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free

Why would an "enlightenment thinker" choose political sides and want to "fight the Right"? Wouldn't a great thinker be above the fray and offer wisdom to both sides?
You should ask Charlie...he is the one who is suddenly triggered by a guy who has been dead for years

Oh, I see why right-wingers are so triggered by him....

"The supreme mystery of despotism, its prop and stay, is to keep men in a state of deception, and with the specious title of religion to cloak the fear by which they must be held in check, so that they will fight for their servitude as if for salvation, and count it no shame, but the highest honor to spend their blood and their lives for the glorification of one man."

The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free

Spinoza being quoted in an essay about the left's love of political correctness:

Spinoza said: 'Every man is by indefeasible natural right the master of his own thoughts.' The great fallacy of monolithic doctrines like political correctness is that they seek to eliminate an important step in human cognition: the dialogue with the self, the act of dialectical mastication that allows us to absorb and process experience, to direct and enable our own moral lives. Only in the inviolable sanctuary of the soul, in the sacred act of self-communion, can man realize his own transcendence and salvation. Politically correct speech and thought provide us with the predigested morality of self-appointed ideologues, the profane consensus of mediocre minds, in lieu of our own common sense and the collective wisdom of the ages.

I don't blindly follow pundits of either party. I listen to all of it and analyze. I've seen this guy a couple of times on Fox. Meh.
I like how you instantly made it about you -- as if you yourself disproves the fact that millions of sycophants do follow one man...and this is what triggered Kirk so much....

Forum List

Back