Make membership optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, would anyone be left? The last person standing can turn out the lights. :lol:

Oh my! Maybe a transgender support message board is where you would do better, Dhara. The people on THIS board are under no obligation to support your views, no matter what kind of manipulation you try to use on them. You are just another poster here. Using your family as a battering ram to try to manipulate people into agreeing with you is no way to be on this type of a board.
True. I'm not contributing anything valuable here.

Surely it must be possible to just delete an account? No other requests, but just delete an account.
Can you define "delete" an account?

I've been on forums you could delete your account but I usually got deleted by them first
What do you mean "DELETE"?

They had a setting in account management and you just deleted your account, poof!!!! Gone, try to sign in under the name and it told you the account was deleted

Your content would stay I am assuming.

Everyone having that kind of authority would lead to too many problems.

Yeah the content stayed but the account was gone.

Why would it be?
The poster would want to leave, then come back, depending on the circumstances there may be hearing where the entire team has to weigh in.

There may be a request to have posts removed at which point that presents potential problems in the real world where posts may be needed should a very foreseeable event occur, the burden it places on those that own or administer to the board far out weighs the benefit to the board or the proponents of your suggestion.
Surely it must be possible to just delete an account? No other requests, but just delete an account.
Ummmmmm. Press the 'delete' button???
What about content?
Hmmm. Yes, I wasn't thinking content should go, that would mess up the board. So I see what you mean.

Once you join...everything belongs to USMB. Posts, pics, content, name. You can edit your profile for privacy, but staff can still see it all.

She wants to be deleted...thinking ALL her posts will be deleted as well. WRONG. Everything stays put. Period. Staff MIGHT hide a thread or slap it in storage but that is entirely up to them. Most admins will not even allow that. You know..in case there is a subpoena or some such. ;)

I've been on forums you could delete your account but I usually got deleted by them first

They had a setting in account management and you just deleted your account, poof!!!! Gone, try to sign in under the name and it told you the account was deleted

The poster would want to leave, then come back, depending on the circumstances there may be hearing where the entire team has to weigh in.

There may be a request to have posts removed at which point that presents potential problems in the real world where posts may be needed should a very foreseeable event occur, the burden it places on those that own or administer to the board far out weighs the benefit to the board or the proponents of your suggestion.
Ummmmmm. Press the 'delete' button???
What about content?
Hmmm. Yes, I wasn't thinking content should go, that would mess up the board. So I see what you mean.
More than just the board , there may be Real Life ramifications to deleting content

Let members revoke membership by request. How about it?
you don't want to be a member, just stop coming here and posting.

not that hard
It's a habit, and one that's hard to break. If requesting to have my membership terminated isn't an option I'll see what kind of block site I can put on the place. I don't want to return.

Giving that kind of authority to general membership is also worrisome. Should one account get hacked they could be deleted by another.

Good.
Toodles. Adios. Goodbye. Ciao! Sayonara!Dont let the door slap ya on the ass on the way out.

Giving that kind of authority to general membership is also worrisome. Should one account get hacked they could be deleted by another.

IDK but that's how it worked. I can't mention who the forum was on here but they are huge, like hundreds of individual forums.

She can't help herself so needs help in the ass kicking to the curb. Oh, they could ban her if they wanted to...but the name and the POSTS stay. ;)

Gracie, stop being such a bitch....seriously.
Nope. Truth hurts and now it is not just us seeing the bullshit. The internet is vast, ya now.

You are being extremely hateful and it's not necessary at all.
Yes. Yes I am. Need help finding the ignore button? It's next to the exit sign.

She can't help herself so needs help in the ass kicking to the curb. Oh, they could ban her if they wanted to...but the name and the POSTS stay. ;)

Gracie, stop being such a bitch....seriously.
Nope. Truth hurts and now it is not just us seeing the bullshit. The internet is vast, ya now.

You are being extremely hateful and it's not necessary at all.
Yes. Yes I am. Need help finding the ignore button? It's next to the exit sign.

Allow me to remind you that when you had your board meltdown a month or so ago that I was one of the posters here that tried to lift you up. Give back a little that was shown to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back