🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man brings knife...stabs two people...guess what makes him stop...

Here, again, is the Wikipedia article and what they say...

Defensive gun use - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Kleck notes that many other surveys (at least 20) have likewise obtained huge estimates of DGU frequency, from 500,000 to over 3 million per year -common enough to outnumber criminal uses[16] and further notes that studies of methodological errors in surveys concerning other crime-related behaviors and experiences have consistently found that the errors produce, on net, underestimates of the frequency of the behaviors, including victimization experiences, offending behavior, and gun ownership.[16] He has pointed out that critics' assessment of possible errors in surveys are one-sided - that they consider only flaws that would contribute to overestimation of defensive gun use frequency. Critics fail to take into account of flaws that would contribute to an underestimation of defensive gun uses, such as a tendency of survey respondents to conceal or otherwise fail to report controversial acts they have committed, victimization experiences, and gun ownership.

Here is another opinion of Klecks work...

Criminologist Marvin Wolfgang, who described himself "as strong a gun-control advocate as can be found among the criminologists in this country" and whose opinion of guns was "I would eliminate all guns from the civilian population and maybe even from the police. I hate guns--ugly, nasty instruments designed to kill people" defended Kleck's methodology, saying "What troubles me is the article by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz. The reason I am troubled is that they have provided an almost clear-cut case of methodologically sound research in support of something I have theoretically opposed for years, namely, the use of a gun in defense against a criminal perpetrator". He went on to say that the NCVS survey did not contradict the Kleck study and that "I do not like their conclusions that having a gun can be useful, but I cannot fault their methodology. They have tried earnestly to meet all objections in advance and have done exceedingly well
." [20][21]

and here, from the Wikipedia article on the other numbers...

3]Hemenway contends the Kleck and Gertz study is unreliable and no conclusions can be drawn from it.[4] He argues that there are too many "false positives" in the surveys, and finds the NCVS figures more reliable, yielding estimates of around 100,000 defensive gun uses per year. Applying different adjustments, other social scientists suggest that between 250,000 and 370,000 incidences per year.[9][10]

Another survey including DGU questions was the National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms, NSPOF, conducted in 1994 by the Chiltons polling firm for the Police Foundation on a research grant from the National Institute of Justice. NSPOF projected 4.7 million DGU per year by 1.5 million individuals after weighting to eliminate false positives.[8]Discussion over the number and nature of DGU and the implications to gun control policy came to a head in the late 1990s.[11][12]

Sooo...you can take the opinions of fake conservative writer David frum ....and see they are dumb....

You do realize that Gary Klerk started his career opposed to people owning guns...right?

A guy starts stabbing people in a store...one in the head, one in the stomach...another customer decides to end the situation...draws his concealed pistol and the knife wielder surrenders, lying down on his stomach to wait for police...

No shots fired...no one wounded with the gun...the suspect subdued quickly and held for police...the gun owner calmly puts the guy on the ground and does not just shoot wildly....how many gun grabber myths are defeated by this one encounter?

Man Buys Knife Stabs Two People Concealed Carrier Steps In And Stops The Madness Concealed Nation

This story has an ending that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. In Salt Lake City, a man went on a stabbing rampage inside a grocery store. He stabbed one person in the side of the head and another in the stomach. There is no word on the conditions of the victims, but police say that their injuries are substantial.

What stopped the attack you ask?

“(The bystander) was suspicious of what might be going on, and when he saw the stabbing, he just drew his pistol and challenged the individual,” which caused the alleged attacker to lie down on the ground, said Salt Lake City Police Lt. Brian Purvis.

Go ahead, I’ll wait until you read that again. Then, when you’re done cheering, I’ll continue on with the rest of the story.

I don’t know if making these points over and over again will do anything to sway the other side, but I think it’s pretty clear that guns save lives when they’re in the right hands.

This next paragraph is for Shannon Watts’ eyes only:

Guns save lives. They really do. This example shows a lawful citizen with a concealed carry permit, who was carrying his firearm inside the store at the time of this attack.

Good job for the dude to stop the crime.

I am guessing he totally ignored the sign some libtard had put up saying, "THIS IS A MASS STABBING FREE ZONE. If you want to stab someone go do some homeless vets."

2)To throw that person into a sudden and violent situation and expect a military-like response by a civilian is pure fantasy and
3) only happens in the movies.

Hmmmm...the below incident actually happened, she didn't shoot, she held the guy for police...and it was in real life and not a movie...

VIDEO Woman 8217 s Words To Home Intruder 8220 Don 8217 t Move I Will Blow Your F 8217 ing Head Off 8221 Concealed Nation

And? For every video you can find I can find 15 people who shot someone accidentally because of ineptitude and stupidity. Look at a friend of your ex-Vice President The Dick Cheney, for starters.

whittington.jpg

But he is alive, and too many people attacked by mobs of libtard idiots are DEAD because they had no gun on them.

People without guns in public are less safe than people who hitch hike.

Forum List

Back